Michigan

Scratchtown

Now with that out of the way. I keep seeing the phrase "re-inserting Morris". Unless I'm missing something in the above videos, that's not true and is misleading to the overall situation. He wasnt re-inserted. He just did not come out of the game. That makes it a little less egregious in my opinion. If the player knows he's too hurt to play, he has to say so. But I didnt watch the actual game. Was Morris put back in later on after the recording of the above videos was stopped?

He was put back in. Gardner's helmet came off a few plays later so he had to sit out a play, and Russell Bellomy was running around trying to get in but the coaches put Morris back in to hand the ball off instead.

All things aside, why the hell was that Minnesota player not ejected? Jesus f'ing christ. If we're gonna make the rules and come up with all these "when in doubt throw the flag" requirements, then that right there shoulda been a text book ejection AND suspension. There's just no room for that sh#t in the game.

Now with that out of the way. I keep seeing the phrase "re-inserting Morris". Unless I'm missing something in the above videos, that's not true and is misleading to the overall situation. He wasnt re-inserted. He just did not come out of the game. That makes it a little less egregious in my opinion. If the player knows he's too hurt to play, he has to say so. But I didnt watch the actual game. Was Morris put back in later on after the recording of the above videos was stopped?

He didn't come out of the game right after the hit. But then he was pulled for a couple of plays and then put back in

Hey thanks. i also heard such on SVP-Rusillo. That's why I disclaimed my initial comments with the fact that I didnt know for sure. i was speculating. Yeah, this is bad.

Thanks to landlord as well.

They hire vastly superior coordinators and put more effort into recruiting.

WTF????

So, you have nice looking guys standing on the side lines but lose a ton of games so that means you should get tons of love before the season?

That's total BS. We have won more games and yet we have worse players and coaches?

This is sarcasm. I use it as well in this instance. Cuz 3 years ago and leading up to the 2012 season, most folks on this board were blowin their wad over Hoke cuz he took Michigan to an 11-2 record and a BCS bowl win and spanked us pretty good in his first year, and combined with our down 9-4 2011 season, and 1 year removed from promoting a 1st time OC Tim Beck to that position, and then promoting a first time DC Papuchis to such position, the mindset was that Hoke was a much better coach than Pelini cuz he "hire experienced coordinators". Mav is being sarcastic cuz it's funny. Cuz now less than 3 years later, our program **appears* to be on an upswing with those guys, while Hoke and Michingan have not only had to fire one of their incredible experienced coordinators in the process, but the rest is a complete dumpster fire of badger and gopher poop. Also dont forget that according to the biblical recruiting rankings, Hoke has consistently out recruited the rest of the conference except for **maybe** Urban. And right now, there isnt many that would disagree with saying Michigan is the worst team in the league at this point.

• Fire 1

WTF????

So, you have nice looking guys standing on the side lines but lose a ton of games so that means you should get tons of love before the season?

That's total BS. We have won more games and yet we have worse players and coaches?

This is sarcasm. I use it as well in this instance. Cuz 3 years ago and leading up to the 2012 season, most folks on this board were blowin their wad over Hoke cuz he took Michigan to an 11-2 record and a BCS bowl win and spanked us pretty good in his first year, and combined with our down 9-4 2011 season, and 1 year removed from promoting a 1st time OC Tim Beck to that position, and then promoting a first time DC Papuchis to such position, the mindset was that Hoke was a much better coach than Pelini cuz he "hire experienced coordinators". Mav is being sarcastic cuz it's funny. Cuz now less than 3 years later, our program **appears* to be on an upswing with those guys, while Hoke and Michingan have not only had to fire one of their incredible experienced coordinators in the process, but the rest is a complete dumpster fire of badger and gopher poop. Also dont forget that according to the biblical recruiting rankings, Hoke has consistently out recruited the rest of the conference except for **maybe** Urban. And right now, there isnt many that would disagree with saying Michigan is the worst team in the league at this point.

Speaking of Pelini and coordinators. Has any of the media asked him if he is calling plays now? He seems pretty active with the defensive play sheet and Paps is signaling things in from the sidelines

I keep seeing the phrase "re-inserting Morris". Unless I'm missing something in the above videos, that's not true and is misleading to the overall situation. He wasnt re-inserted. He just did not come out of the game. That makes it a little less egregious in my opinion. If the player knows he's too hurt to play, he has to say so. But I didnt watch the actual game. Was Morris put back in later on after the recording of the above videos was stopped?

He was put back in later. When he was put back in you could see the official asking Michigan if they needed time or a timeout to get the new QB in the game. Michigan waved off the ref and waved off the 3rd string backup (who had his helmet on by them) and sent Morris back into the game.

I don't buy the argument that the player has to say if he is too hurt because most athletes will not say that, they would prefer to play through the pain. AS a coach you have to protect your players better than Hoke did.

I really feel bad for Michigan, no one deserves to go through what they are experiencing right now.

SVP and Russillo currently going off on it. Michigan really, really needed to fire Hoke over the weekend to prevent this from becoming a massive disaster rather than a massive mess. There's no reason to keep Hoke around for the rest of the season. None whatsoever. You're only harming the program by not firing him Sunday or today.

Probably right. They are going to hire Nussmeier anyway. Might as well get it over with

Didn't think about that. Was wondering why he would leave Alabama. Might have been a strategic move.

WTF????

Aahhhhh......

Sorry for my over reaction. I over reacted because I too remember those arguments at the time.

All things aside, why the hell was that Minnesota player not ejected? Jesus f'ing christ. If we're gonna make the rules and come up with all these "when in doubt throw the flag" requirements, then that right there shoulda been a text book ejection AND suspension. There's just no room for that sh#t in the game.

I don't think it warranted ejection and suspension. A flag yes, but come on. It was a sprint out pass so the QB was running and Minnesota player didn't intentionally use his helmet. There has to be some wiggle room for accidents with helmet to helmet hits. It's a fast game and they can't be perfect. Zero tolerance ejections for helmet hits are the second dumbest rule the NCAA has made just behind the "Must be 3 seconds to spike the ball" debacle. Ejections and suspensions are for what Miami was pulling last week, not a defender trying make a play. And furthermore, why is helmet to helmet hits just the burden of the defensive player. RB's lead with the crown of the helmet all the time. The automatic ejection, is why some penalties aren't being called. Zero tolerance = Zero common sense.

Back on point. Michigan needs to remove the AD as well as Hoke. Sounds like our situation from '07. I sincerely hope they get it cleaned up. B1G needs it's power programs to be good.

• Fire 1