#19 in AP poll

The fact that there is a preseason poll is a joke because no one has played a game yet, but all subsequent polls during the season are derivatives of it. This lead to all of the teams in the SEC West to be ranked going into conference play, only to swap wins with each other and maintain rankings because they are either beating ranked teams or losing to them. #StrawmanPoll

• Fire 2

We moved up *shrug*

Basically to where we were after Week 1. We feel after a close win in Week 2, but teams like Florida St swear by the last two weeks and still hold the #1 spot. smh

FSU barely beat a pretty good Clemson team and an undefeated NCSU. We barely beat a team from a lower division.

I don't get why people complain so much about Nebraska's ranking now when they know Nebraska's playing Michigan State and Wisconsin later. They have plenty of time to prove that they're a good team and plenty of time to move up in the rankings.

I see what you are saying and you are correct in that everything is right there in front of this team to get ranked higher. But Clemson is terrible as they never win a big game. The Clemson fans that I know are still in shock that they beat us in 1981 to win the title. As for NC State,not all undefeated teams are created equal. Their wins are over Georgia Southern 24-23, Old Dominion 46-34, South Florida 49-17, and Presbyterian 42-0. That is only impressive to the voters if you are from the SECucks...aka Ole Miss.

The best part is that some of the members of the playoff committee have said that the polls are not going to be a factor as to who they chose to be in the playoff and that is a very good thing.

• Fire 1

We moved up *shrug*

Basically to where we were after Week 1. We feel after a close win in Week 2, but teams like Florida St swear by the last two weeks and still hold the #1 spot. smh

FSU barely beat a pretty good Clemson team and an undefeated NCSU. We barely beat a team from a lower division.

I don't get why people complain so much about Nebraska's ranking now when they know Nebraska's playing Michigan State and Wisconsin later. They have plenty of time to prove that they're a good team and plenty of time to move up in the rankings.

I see what you are saying and you are correct in that everything is right there in front of this team to get ranked higher. But Clemson is terrible as they never win a big game. The Clemson fans that I know are still in shock that they beat us in 1981 to win the title. As for NC State,not all undefeated teams are created equal. Their wins are over Georgia Southern 24-23, Old Dominion 46-34, South Florida 49-17, and Presbyterian 42-0. That is only impressive to the voters if you are from the SECucks...aka Ole Miss.

The best part is that some of the members of the playoff committee have said that the polls are not going to be a factor as to who they chose to be in the playoff and that is a very good thing.

Imagine the outrage on ESPN if an undefeated Nebraska gets in the playoffs over a 2 loss SEC west team

The fact that there is a preseason poll is a joke because no one has played a game yet, but all subsequent polls during the season are derivatives of it. This lead to all of the teams in the SEC West to be ranked going into conference play, only to swap wins with each other and maintain rankings because they are either beating ranked teams or losing to them. #StrawmanPoll

Yep. It's screwed from the get go.

How we rank a team we've not even see play is beyond me. Yet we continue to use the same system every year. It creates hype around teams and matchups when none of that hype has been earned.

Yep. It's screwed from the get go.

How we rank a team we've not even see play is beyond me. Yet we continue to use the same system every year. It creates hype around teams and matchups when none of that hype has been earned.

#moneytalks

The SEC bias is showing yet again with this week's polls. I'm not saying they are not a strong conference, but they definitely are getting the benefit of the doubt. Just take Georgia as a prime example. This week they are ranked 12th and 13th, while Nebraska is 17th and 19th. Georgia has one loss to South Carolina, who has two losses, including one to Missouri, who lost to Indiana at home (aren't they in the Big Ten?). Georgia also needed to comeback yesterday to be Tennessee at home, and on top of that, they have many returning players from last year's team that we beat in the bowl game.

This is just one example of the strong SEC bias that continue to permeate the polls. It's not to say that there aren't good teams in the SEC that are deserving of a high-ranking, but I'm not buying 7 teams in the top 15 at all.

The SEC bias is showing yet again with this week's polls. I'm not saying they are not a strong conference, but they definitely are getting the benefit of the doubt. Just take Georgia as a prime example. This week they are ranked 12th and 13th, while Nebraska is 17th and 19th. Georgia has one loss to South Carolina, who has two losses, including one to Missouri, who lost to Indiana at home (aren't they in the Big Ten?). Georgia also needed to comeback yesterday to be Tennessee at home, and on top of that, they have many returning players from last year's team that we beat in the bowl game.

This is just one example of the strong SEC bias that continue to permeate the polls. It's not to say that there aren't good teams in the SEC that are deserving of a high-ranking, but I'm not buying 7 teams in the top 15 at all.

Agreed. 7 teams in the top 15...I'm not impressed with South Carolina...they laid an egg against A&M and got beat by Missouri. I'm not impressed with Missouri as they lost to Indiana...if they hadn't moved to the SEC they would be much lower in the polls. Alabama looks strong as does Auburn but not "omg who can possibly beat them?" It's a sham and it's driven by ESPN and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if part of it is to drive down the B1G and their network since they were behind in implementing this great idea of conference stations.

I agree with this. Plus, if you have half of your conference perpetually ranked in polls, you basically only lose to other 'ranked' teams. So instead of falling from #13 to #24 (or unranked), you 'fall' from #13 to #15 and the team that beat you rises from UR or #24 to #14 or something.

It's the nature of the polls. The conference is good at the top but no better than other conferences in the middle and bottom.