#19 in AP poll

We moved up *shrug*

Basically to where we were after Week 1. We feel after a close win in Week 2, but teams like Florida St swear by the last two weeks and still hold the #1 spot. smh

FSU barely beat a pretty good Clemson team and an undefeated NCSU. We barely beat a team from a lower division.

I don't get why people complain so much about Nebraska's ranking now when they know Nebraska's playing Michigan State and Wisconsin later. They have plenty of time to prove that they're a good team and plenty of time to move up in the rankings.

Because if we lose either of those games were right on the edge of falling out of the top 25.

Say we lose to MSU and then win out the rest of the season. Well be 11-1 but probably only top 15-20 because of how far we fell six weeks in to a great team.

Came to say exactly that. And you'd be top 4 with the same record if you had followed Aggy to the SEC.

:dunno Don't ask me, mainly opinion polls. When we win against Sparty, we will not go to far up the polls and Sparty will remain in the top ten. Oh well, life goes on.

Yeah... IF we win, Sparty will be top 20, but definitely not top 10. Since we'll still be undefeated we should make a huge jump. Not sure if you're being serious.

:dunno Don't ask me, mainly opinion polls. When we win against Sparty, we will not go to far up the polls and Sparty will remain in the top ten. Oh well, life goes on.

Yeah... IF we win, Sparty will be top 20, but definitely not top 10. Since we'll still be undefeated we should make a huge jump. Not sure if you're being serious.

IF we beat MSU we will sniff the top 10. Probably at 11-13. Big IF and we can't take anyone for granted after that. Northwestern even showed they have a pulse.

Tough to blame the polsters for taking a "wait and see" approach with us.

The SEC is the #1 ranked conference by every major objective rating system:

http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm (bottom)

SEC West went 25-0 in non-conference.

I think everyone here but the most delusional agree with that. They just aren't as much above the other conferences as they're made out to be.

Yes this is the key. It's not just SEC hate or delusion...it's just a lot of people getting tired of the praise that often times isn't really due...I mean when teams are given title shots with 2 losses it's hard to argue that the SEC doesn't get special privileges.

I think everyone here but the most delusional agree with that. They just aren't as much above the other conferences as they're made out to be.

Yes this is the key. It's not just SEC hate or delusion...it's just a lot of people getting tired of the praise that often times isn't really due...I mean when teams are given title shots with 2 losses it's hard to argue that the SEC doesn't get special privileges.

Think about Mizzou. A middle of the road Big 12 team goes into the SEC and wins the East in their second year (definitely not enough time for recruiting to make a difference). The SEC isn't everything it is cracked up to be. You can say the SEC west is 25-0 in the OOC, but how many were against Power 5 teams? Because I'm pretty sure the Pac 12, B1G, and SEC each have only won 5 games against Power 5 OOC opponents.

Let's see:

2013 Bowl season

NU defeats UGA

OU defeats Bama

FSU defeats Auburn

Yep, SEC is hands down the best. The other conferences should simply beg for some crappy Dec 15th bowl and allow the SEC big boys to have a 4 tea play off.

In other news we beat MSU next week, we get to 16 tops. No one else above loses, we get 17 or 18.

The polls are so skewed right now towards SEC bias they aren't even worth looking at.

• Fire 2

I reiterate that I don't care what Nebraska's ranked right now. If we keep winning we'll wind up in the right place.

That being said, if the following teams were in the SEC, regardless of what their non-con schedule was, they would be ranked:

Maryland

Penn State

Rutgers

Iowa

Minnesota

Miami after this week, or Duke before this week

ok, I'm not motivated enough to go on :P

• Fire 1

Totally agree with both points.

My quibble with the impressive-sounding 25-0 record: very few of the wins were that impressive.

Here's what I would say are the best wins by each team:

LSU beat Wisconsin by 4 at home

Auburn beat KState by 6 at KSU

Alabama beat West Virginia by 10 (neutral site)

Arkansas beat Texas Tech by 21 at TT

Mississippi beat Boise State by 22 at home

Texas A&M played nobody

Mississippi State played nobody

So only one win was a road game. KState pissed their game away and LSU got everything they wanted from a Wisconsin team that couldn't throw and was without their best player for the second half. Alabama's win over WVU is decent but other than that noone has played a team that would finish in the top half of any of the Power 5 conferences.

• Fire 3

Totally agree with both points.

My quibble with the impressive-sounding 25-0 record: very few of the wins were that impressive.

Here's what I would say are the best wins by each team:

LSU beat Wisconsin by 4 at home IIRC, 2 Wisky DL went out allowing the win

Auburn beat KState by 6 at KSU 3 missed FG's by KSU

Alabama beat West Virginia by 10 (neutral site)

Arkansas beat Texas Tech by 21 at TT

Mississippi beat Boise State by 22 at home

Texas A&M played nobody

Mississippi State played nobody

So only one win was a road game. KState pissed their game away and LSU got everything they wanted from a Wisconsin team that couldn't throw and was without their best player for the second half. Alabama's win over WVU is decent but other than that noone has played a team that would finish in the top half of any of the Power 5 conferences.

Totally agree that they are not that impressive. SEC bias alive and well.

I'd love to go into my rant about how the bias is made more frustrating by the fact that the SEC attracts so many of their best players by illegitimate means. I mean, seriously, Ole Miss pulls in the 10th ranked class after their 2012 season in which they go 7-6? Here's there last 5 seasons: 8-5, 7-6, 2-10, 4-8, 9-4. The butt of every Bo joke and every fans biggest headache is their CEILING.

But I won't. :D