I did blame the offensive line...now I blame the clap

So they clapped on a handful of our plays and that is why we lost and they are cheaters yada yada yada. What a joke guys come on we are better than this

(megaphone in hand)

I repeat, this thread isn't about them clapping or any excuses associated with THEM clapping.

We were signaling when the ball would be snapped every time we snapped it. What aren't people getting about this? Armstrong clapped, Pelini snapped it. Armstrong clapped, Pelini snapped it. Repeat, repeat, repeat......

Notice a trend? If the QB claps once and the ball is snapped immediately thereafter each and every single time you snap the ball.......that's a problem.

If you understand what the hell we are talking about now, and you still don't think it was a factor in the game, well then you don't know much.

I understand that completely and all it does is make us look really incompetent on many levels

So they clapped on a handful of our plays and that is why we lost and they are cheaters yada yada yada. What a joke guys come on we are better than this

(megaphone in hand)

I repeat, this thread isn't about them clapping or any excuses associated with THEM clapping.

We were signaling when the ball would be snapped every time we snapped it. What aren't people getting about this? Armstrong clapped, Pelini snapped it. Armstrong clapped, Pelini snapped it. Repeat, repeat, repeat......

Notice a trend? If the QB claps once and the ball is snapped immediately thereafter each and every single time you snap the ball.......that's a problem.

If you understand what the hell we are talking about now, and you still don't think it was a factor in the game, well then you don't know much.

I understand that completely and all it does is make us look really incompetent on many levels
Right. As long as you understand that your first comment and your last comment here are entirely based on two completely different things.

You just kind of skipped over the part where you acknowledged that you were completely missing the point.

(megaphone in hand)

Potential dumb question.......

If a team uses a clap, leg raise, silent count, or which ever where the center snaps the ball when he's ready, doesn't that erase every other lineman's advantage of knowing when the ball is snapped?

Crewe is the one that said that was our system, not I. I simply said the clapping and the immediate snap following the clap was about as easy to read as "See Spot Run". I don't claim to know what we are trying to do. Crewe claims to know. It seems like one big cluster f#*k of a system to me so far..........

I think half the people in this thread misunderstood the point. This thread wasn't about their clapping. It was about OURS.

Michigan state knew exactly when the ball was going to be snapped for 3 quarters of the football game.

It's like lining up in the blocks at a track meet in the 100 yard dash, and the starter clapping his hands before he fires the pistol in the air. And he does it every single time.

I'm surprised a bit because this really hasn't gotten any play by any media that I've heard or seen. Maybe they don't broadcast it because it's such an obvious fault in what Nebraska does?

Either way, if Nebraska doesn't signal the snap of the ball for the first three quarters, I would think we would surely have won that game.

Yeah, good observation. If things like this are happening ,then someone on the field needs to figure it out. That they don't and can't figure out what's going on tells you a lot about their talent level. They need to be smarter and make plays instead of looking like pee wee league players and expecting the coaches to spoon feed them.

• Fire 1

Very good observation. Michigan State's DLine was able to predict when the ball was snapped because we never changed our cadence. It was always one clap and snap. I will rewatch the 2nd half of the game later but True2tRA, were you able to see any adjustments made in the 4th quarter?

Side Note: All of you posting about the defense clapping and complaining about fans making excuses need to realize that this post has nothing to do with that subject! It's ridiculous how many of you are completely off topic!

Very good observation. Michigan State's DLine was able to predict when the ball was snapped because we never changed our cadence. It was always one clap and snap. I will rewatch the 2nd half of the game later but True2tRA, were you able to see any adjustments made in the 4th quarter?

Side Note: All of you posting about the defense clapping and complaining about fans making excuses need to realize that this post has nothing to do with that subject! It's ridiculous how many of you are completely off topic!

4th quarter we changed it, and immediately started having more time in the pocket.

More time in the pocket = more success on offense. Crazy how that works?

4th quarter we changed it, and immediately started having more time in the pocket.

More time in the pocket = more success on offense. Crazy how that works?

Well, in order to change up and do something better, we first would have to admit that we are doing is poorly, and that's a hard first step for some to take.

I am going to go ahead and put somewhat of a positive spin on this. AS Arrogant as Dantonio is he is a really good coach and I think there is no doubt about it, but this also tells me that He knew being a great coach that he would have to have some sort of a leg up on us to beat us, at home none the less. it also tells me that he knows he needed to separate his team from us with a blowout win to really be in the talks of the elite undoubtedly. At least our staff showed that even with that lead and the fact that it took so long to figure out what they were doing, we still came back with valiant effort and damn neared won the game. You could even see the fear in his eyes after they won, and the comments he made that he knew that we would have won this game. Kudos to him, but we really really need another shot at them!!

• Fire 1

Clapping only excuses the false starts and snapping the ball early. It doesn't excuse the poor blocking.

The clapping directly doesn't. However, at least from my novice eye, Pelini was not changing the time from the clap to the snap of the ball. Michigan State's DL was teeing off on the offensive line all night until the changes made late in the game. I think it would be a difficult thing to block someone when you either aren't even out of your stance when the defensive lineman gets into you, you are still on your hills when he gets into you, or is already blown past you, which happened on more than one occasion. Just my .02

Clapping only excuses the false starts and snapping the ball early. It doesn't excuse the poor blocking.

Somewhat you are right.

It can have an affect on blocking if the linemen are still communicating on blocking assignments...etc. when the ball is hiked. It can also affect it if the QB sees a blitz and doesn't get the audible called yet and all of a sudden the ball is hiked.

Now, there were more issues with blocking in this game than the plays where they did the clapping. I'm not even remotely claiming this had an affect on the entire game. However, on those particular plays, it could have an affect.