Getting to Indy without winning out

JTrain

After about as putrid of a start as you can have NW is playing soundly again. I would haave to assume that PSU wasnt as good as billed and Wiscy took them really lightly. Still they are always a threat and should be taken seriously. They are very very beatable though. 47-26 Big Red.

Rutgers is a bit of a mystery card. Im gonna assume they come in and play us hard for 3 but we pull away in 4th. 42-21 Big Red.

Purdue is a blowout no matter how you wanna slice it. 50-0 Big Red

At Camp Randall is tough as nails. This will be a low score battle but I think we can set the pace early and stay ahead the whole time and win a good one, we more than owe them a loss, time to cash in. 24-20 Real Big Red.

Minny didnt put up with our crap last year and they beat us soundly at home. Good for them. I think by this time in the year they will be to beaten up to put up a big fight in our stadium. 40-16 Big Red.

At Iowa. Typically we dont really give our all in this game in hopes of being healthy for a title game the following week. Last year we flat out stunk it up and got slapped around a bit for it. Still kept it close but we lost a nasty game at home. We go to their house and right the wrong. Iowa isnt nearly as good as we hoped they could be. Their record should reflect that of a true contender but we will go in and take care of biznatch. 38-12 Big Red.

Here is my thought. We blow out NW just because we are that much better, 2 we have 2 weeks to heal, 3 MIch St hopefully left a bad taste in the teams mouth.

Rutgers will play us tuff but we get a win

Purdue we win easily

Wisconsin Gordon will run for 200 on us but we keep their score low and beat them

Minnesota we will win this one by a nice margin I think

Iowa same as Rutgers game

Right now it is everyone but Illinois and Purdue, imho.

Wisconsin can easily drop a game against Maryland and at Rutgers.

Minnesota looks like they may be the best team in the West, but have tOSU and have to come to Lincoln.

Iowa has to play Indiana and goes to Maryland, both could be loses, and travels to Minnesota.

Northwestern leads the division, but are not a scary team talent-wise.

The division winner could easily be a two loss team.

You are kidding right?

Minnesota is not the best team in the west... not even close.

Nebraska

Northwestern

Wisconsin

Iowa/Minnesota

Minnesota will lose 3 conference games.

This is just depressing. We have went from one of the best teams in college football history, to worrying about Northwestern and Minnesota, praying we get to a loser conference championship. How far have we fallen, but if we only lose to Minnesota it would be very hard to reach our past lofty goal of only four losses. Pathetic. Of course we only lose because the cheaters at Michigan State have the clap.

The only thing keeping this program alive is the move to the pathetic Big 10. Oklahoma, Okie Lite, Baylor, TCU and KState and we know Texas would kick our asses every year. But of course that damned BC caused it all and is still the reason we can not change the snap count.

Good Lord Almighty. The amount of crying going on after a close road loss to a top ten team is nauseating.

It's not the 70s or 90s anymore. The entire landscape of college football has changed the past 20 years.

The past few years have proven that no game is a gimme, and I'm not just talking about Nebraska.

We can still win the conference and have an outside shot at the playoffs if since things straighten out.

This is just depressing. We have went from one of the best teams in college football history, to worrying about Northwestern and Minnesota, praying we get to a loser conference championship. How far have we fallen, but if we only lose to Minnesota it would be very hard to reach our past lofty goal of only four losses. Pathetic. Of course we only lose because the cheaters at Michigan State have the clap.

The only thing keeping this program alive is the move to the pathetic Big 10. Oklahoma, Okie Lite, Baylor, TCU and KState and we know Texas would kick our asses every year. But of course that damned BC caused it all and is still the reason we can not change the snap count.

Good Lord Almighty. The amount of crying going on after a close road loss to a top ten team is nauseating.

It's not the 70s or 90s anymore. The entire landscape of college football has changed the past 20 years.

The past few years have proven that no game is a gimme, and I'm not just talking about Nebraska.

We can still win the conference and have an outside shot at the playoffs if since things straighten out.

I agree with skers

it's not that we lost. it's how we lost, AGAIN.

Again, folks wouldnt be nearly as ansy if this teams showed half the determination and tenacity in the 1 qtr of these games as they do in the 4th when it's out of reach. Unprepared. Mentally out of it. Stupid mistakes. Cant handle the moment. ALL repetitive themes of "big" games under Bo. It's not talent. it's not x's and o's. it's phsychology. And our continuous lack of such is wearing extremely thin. Folks say this team feels different. Yeah, I said that too. AFTER WEEK ONE. I even wanted to after Miami. But after the Michigan St game, it's obvious that the same ole teather is still strapped to our back, holding us down from that next step.

The Wisconsin game's gonna be pretty much like the Michigan St game. Until I see it as otherwise, I just cant help this line of thinking.

Except the part where Wisconsin is having trouble fielding a defensive line.

Well, it's gonna be a big important game, so our guys will come out flat and such, and mentally ill-prepared, so I doubt that'll have much impact on Wiscy any. Bagders'll still be fine.

• Fire 1

The Wisconsin game's gonna be pretty much like the Michigan St game. Until I see it as otherwise, I just cant help this line of thinking.

Well, it's gonna be a big important game, so our guys will come out flat and such, and mentally ill-prepared, so I doubt that'll have much impact on Wiscy any. Bagders'll still be fine.

even with that, We only lost by 5 to a much better Michigan State team.

Wisconsin isnt on the same level... I get the hype/environment might be similar but outside of Wisconsin running game, i dont see any place they are better than Michigan state.

Right now it is everyone but Illinois and Purdue, imho.

Wisconsin can easily drop a game against Maryland and at Rutgers.

Minnesota looks like they may be the best team in the West, but have tOSU and have to come to Lincoln.

Iowa has to play Indiana and goes to Maryland, both could be loses, and travels to Minnesota.

Northwestern leads the division, but are not a scary team talent-wise.

The division winner could easily be a two loss team.

You are kidding right?

Minnesota is not the best team in the west... not even close.

Nebraska

Northwestern

Wisconsin

Iowa/Minnesota

Minnesota will lose 3 conference games.

I trust Cobb and their defense more than any other team.

Iowa struggles to play football for 60 minutes.

Wisconsin doesn't have a receiver to make anyone not put 9 in the box.

Northwestern beat PSU who has little depth and the Wisconsin team above who can't throw.

Yes, Minnesota might end the year with two losses, but three is also a good guess. Like I said, two loss Nebraska still might stand alone atop this mess of a division. Nobody else is really above the others.

even with that, We only lost by 5 to a much better Michigan State team.

Wisconsin isnt on the same level... I get the hype/environment might be similar but outside of Wisconsin running game, i dont see any place they are better than Michigan state.

yes, I know we lost by only 5. But we got our faces caved in for 3 quarters. I refuse to let some 10 minute flurry cover up the fact that we were again not emotionally in tune and mentally ready to play a big game. it was embarrassing. What's even more embarrassing looking at it from the outside in in regards to fanbases, you look at that game and think "gee, if Nebraska could play that sound for 4 quarters, they'd be an elite team. But instead they cant get fired up for big games and come out flat and cant even execute the most basic principles of football."

I believe this team has what it takes. I'm just not expecting it anymore this year at this point. Cuz it's happened twice in only 6 games. That means it's probably gonna happen twice more in the next 6. Hence, losing 4 again, which is on par. When I see something otherwise, then I'll get excited again. Until then, I sit back and see.

• Fire 2