Getting to Indy without winning out

JTrain

Easy. We lose one game to someone besides Wisconsin or Iowa, but beat Wisconsin AND Iowa. We are 6-2.

Already ahead of Wisconsin by tie breaker whether they win out or lose out.

Iowa going 7-1? COME ON GET SERIOUS.

Northwestern going 6-2 including a win against us? Doubt it. Northwestern is our lone additional loss, and goes 5-3, who cares?

Minnesota? LOL

Others? LOL

If Northwestern beats us, who are their three losses? We are their hardest remaining game.

Easy. We lose one game to someone besides Wisconsin or Iowa, but beat Wisconsin AND Iowa. We are 6-2.

Already ahead of Wisconsin by tie breaker whether they win out or lose out.

Iowa going 7-1? COME ON GET SERIOUS.

Northwestern going 6-2 including a win against us? Doubt it. Northwestern is our lone additional loss, and goes 5-3, who cares?

Minnesota? LOL

Others? LOL

If Northwestern beats us, who are their three losses? We are their hardest remaining game.

That's a very good question. I hadn't sufficiently reviewed their remaining conference schedule, which is scary easy outside of us and Iowa. I'd gladly take the possibility of losing to NW (and then going to the CCG) off the table. That's a must win, period. In fact, I think they will probably end up 6-2, which still is OK for us if we beat them.

I hope the team isn't like the fans. Trying to figure out how we can lose and still make the CCG. Screw that. Win em all or go home. The team doesn't even need to think of an outcome that doesn't include winning them all.

Hi, I'm Dudeguyy, and I endorse this message.

Tommy Armstrong believes the team will go 11-1, I love the dudes confidence. The o line needs to hold up on their end for it to happen.

I hope the team isn't like the fans. Trying to figure out how we can lose and still make the CCG. Screw that. Win em all or go home. The team doesn't even need to think of an outcome that doesn't include winning them all.

Tommy Armstrong believes the team will go 11-1, I love the dudes confidence. The o line needs to hold up on their end for it to happen.

I generally agree with you. It all goes through the offensive line. It'd be nice if Tommy ironed out his footwork and took some off the short throws, but then again, it'd be nice if we had someone on staff who recognized that and worked thru it with him.

Right now it is everyone but Illinois and Purdue, imho.

Wisconsin can easily drop a game against Maryland and at Rutgers.

Minnesota looks like they may be the best team in the West, but have tOSU and have to come to Lincoln.

Iowa has to play Indiana and goes to Maryland, both could be loses, and travels to Minnesota.

Northwestern leads the division, but are not a scary team talent-wise.

The division winner could easily be a two loss team.

A two or three way tie wouldn't surprise me a bit.

We'll know more after this weekend. Minn vs NW looks like a big match-up, if NW wins they are in great shape. Indiana will probably give Iowa all they want.

I generally agree with you. It all goes through the offensive line. It'd be nice if Tommy ironed out his footwork and took some off the short throws, but then again, it'd be nice if we had someone on staff who recognized that and worked thru it with him.
I think Tommy will get better. He does enough to win games...the only aspect of this team I am honestly worried about is the o line...it's been the most inconsistent...2 games now they've crapped themsleves. This is a more complete, better Husker team than years past even with all the injuries that have happened this year...
  • Fire 1

I think Tommy will get better. He does enough to win games...the only aspect of this team I am honestly worried about is the o line...it's been the most inconsistent...2 games now they've crapped themsleves. This is a more complete, better Husker team than years past even with all the injuries that have happened this year...

TA is holding up his end IMO. Play calling and OL play is killing him. The team will go as far as OL and play calling can get them. 11-1 and a rematch is my idea.

Don't get me wrong- not trying to fault TA.

I was simply trying to point out that IF our OL has another meltdown this season, we're gonna nred Tommy to be absolutely on point to win That game. He shoulders even more responsibility.

In that event, there won't be room for AA to do his thing. TA will have to be spot on on his option reads and keep a few to get whatever we can on the ground. He'll also have to be spot on on his throws.

You can't point the finger at TA for last weekend- that was on the OL and injuries. But who knows what happens if he hits AA on that last drive. We've gotta get him to the point where he takes those gimmes given to him. In event of another meltdown, he needs to step up even more IMO.