Beck's family being harassed?C

Best fans in the country! Bet that'll get guys standing in line to coach here...

C'mon?

Yes it's terrible and should never happen but there are dips$&ts in every fanbase. This has absolutely no bearing on who would coach here. In fact, if any current or potential future coach doesn't realize that 99.9% of our fans are great and a small handful everywhere are dumbf@&ks, then I'm not sure I would want that coach here. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Haha, you're right about blanket statement. That part was sarcastic. As far as it having no effect? You're delusional! Coaches have enough to worry about and rest assured they dont want to have to worry about that! Isolated incidents may not but this isnt the first time. Anyone that doesn't think a coach will be hesitant to take a chance of his family going through that is crazy. Would you think twice about looking into a job where something like that happened? No money, no title, no status is worth that. Coaches are also husbands and fathers too you know.

Sure, understanding that things like this happen everywhere, it may cause coaches to reconsider being involved in big time D1 football. But I still contend that an isolated case like this doesn't hurt Nebraska specifically when it comes to coaches making the decision to come here or not. It's bad but let's not pretend we're unique to this type of thing.

• Fire 1

Best fans in the country! Bet that'll get guys standing in line to coach here...

C'mon?

Yes it's terrible and should never happen but there are dips$&ts in every fanbase. This has absolutely no bearing on who would coach here. In fact, if any current or potential future coach doesn't realize that 99.9% of our fans are great and a small handful everywhere are dumbf@&ks, then I'm not sure I would want that coach here. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Haha, you're right about blanket statement. That part was sarcastic. As far as it having no effect? You're delusional! Coaches have enough to worry about and rest assured they dont want to have to worry about that! Isolated incidents may not but this isnt the first time. Anyone that doesn't think a coach will be hesitant to take a chance of his family going through that is crazy. Would you think twice about looking into a job where something like that happened? No money, no title, no status is worth that. Coaches are also husbands and fathers too you know.

Sure, understanding that things like this happen everywhere, it may cause coaches to reconsider being involved in big time D1 football. But I still contend that an isolated case like this doesn't hurt Nebraska specifically when it comes to coaches making the decision to come here or not. It's bad but let's not pretend we're unique to this type of thing.

Maybe we aren't unique to that sort of thing but lets also not pretend its the norm either. Plenty of places to coach and not have to worry about it.

C'mon?

Well then said coach better find a new profession again. Jesus.

Ah yes...distract us with the fans...I expect more out of the media and Beck. You're a paid professional. You know this sort of stupid crap (and it is stupid) comes with the job. Just shrug it off and take care of your responsibilities. Nothing is going to happen to your family. These fools are cowards. Go talk to the media and focus on football. This whining gets old. I can't excuse the fans but there are always a bunch of morons out there with nothing better to do. Be above that. This should be a non story...

• Fire 1

Ah yes...distract us with the fans...I expect more out of the media and Beck. You're a paid professional. You know this sort of stupid crap (and it is stupid) comes with the job. Just shrug it off and take care of your responsibilities. Nothing is going to happen to your family. These fools are cowards. Go talk to the media and focus on football. This whining gets old. I can't excuse the fans but there are always a bunch of morons out there with nothing better to do. Be above that. This should be a non story...

Ummm....that's what he was doing.

• Fire 1

C'mon?

Maybe we aren't unique to that sort of thing but lets also not pretend its the norm either. Plenty of places to coach and not have to worry about it.

No there aren't. It is the norm. Every team's fanbase has their share of idiots. Hell, you'll piss off a certain percentage of people coaching Pop Warner teams.