***** What did we learn - Northwestern Edition *****

Kevin Williams, Sackmaster! By my count, 2.5, coming off the bench. And how about Gangwish? Half a sack for him too.

DPE = Wow! Can't wait to see him get more involved in the passing game. How about a triple threat: Bell, Westerkamp and DPE. And a TD passing!

Armstrong seemed to make a point of hitting the short and mid passes. Much better tonight. Played great. Great leap for what should have been a TD. Also a TD catch!

Abdullah had to fight hard for yards again tonight. But he stuck with it and got them.

Cooper wrapping up tackles, Bando making plays, Roach again, VV, Gerry.

The O-line seemed to figure some things out in the second half.

Overall, the Huskers played well once they finally got things going and the D tightened up. A nice 38-17 win. By far our best win over NW since joining the Big Ten, and it was a conference road win.

• Fire 2

Armstrong did well, even when we were freaking out. Swing passes were a struggle but kept care of the ball. Ameer is a beast, defense tore it up 2nd half.

TA ended up 18 of 29 (62%). Much better than I expected.

Armstrong bounced back nicely. Can recall 3 catchable passes dropped which would have increased that over 70%

My twin toddler sons learned a lot of curse words tonight thanks to my dad and grandfather.

Yes, my dad has a bit of a problem with this when my five-year old is around..... after the third time I yell at him, he then starts to go into this dance whenever he wants to curse but can't because I'm giving him the stink eye. It's quite fun.

Happy with the win, great 2nd half. Not trying to be a Debbie but my gosh:

Didn't learn as much as confirm tonight that we cannot defend an out route to the flats to save our first born. So aggregating.

Otherwise, solid 2nd half. Also really enjoyed necks game plan for the first quarter had it been executed (dropped balls, hesitations)

Also noted that Tommie has a tendency to freeze if he keeps the ball on a zone read. He never seems to take off and really expose the edge like he could. It's like he stands there one half second too long.

Armstrong did well, even when we were freaking out. Swing passes were a struggle but kept care of the ball. Ameer is a beast, defense tore it up 2nd half.

TA ended up 18 of 29 (62%). Much better than I expected.

Armstrong bounced back nicely. Can recall 3 catchable passes dropped which would have increased that over 70%

More like 5 or 6 that hit receivers in the hands.

Kevin Williams, Sackmaster! By my count, 2.5, coming off the bench. And how about Gangwish? Half a sack for him too.

DPE = Wow! Can't wait to see him get more involved in the passing game. How about a triple threat: Bell, Westerkamp and DPE. And a TD passing!

Armstrong seemed to make a point of hitting the short and mid passes. Much better tonight. Played great. Great leap for what should have been a TD. Also a TD catch!

Abdullah had to fight hard for yards again tonight. But he stuck with it and got them.

Cooper wrapping up tackles, Bando making plays, Roach again, VV, Gerry.

The O-line seemed to figure some things out in the second half.

Overall, the Huskers played well once they finally got things going and the D tightened up. A nice 38-17 win. By far our best win over NW since joining the Big Ten, and it was a conference road win.

That is becuase we replaced three starters with thier backups. Once that happened, we were able to move the ball again. Those kids that played the second half better be the starters from here on out.

I think Tommy played a very good game and you're all crazy.

Also, we have an offensive line now . . .

I believe if Tommy is given time in the pocket...he'll give any defense fits...he threw very well when given time.
like most, if mot all, quarterbacks?......
Eh...not all...he played one of his best games tonight passing the ball IMO though...