Any chance Gregory stays?

The NFL will grab him in the first round by time its all said and done. Even though he is about 15-20lbs underweight for NFL DE. He's a little too lean and will get worn down. I hope he returns for my selfish Husker reasons, and I think he is still a year away from being able to put it all together. Not the best against the run for example.

why do people keep saying he is going to play DE in the NFL he is being projected by everyone to be a 3-4 OLB this thing about staying to get bigger doesn't matter

They are saying the same things about Gregory that they said about Aldon Smith.

Whether linebacker or DE, Aldon Smith takes the end, usually with an eye for the quarterback but fast enough to contain a running back working the edge.

Aldon Smith didn't need to add any weight and leading the NFL in sacks was a great precedent for guys his size.

The NFL will grab him in the first round by time its all said and done. Even though he is about 15-20lbs underweight for NFL DE. He's a little too lean and will get worn down. I hope he returns for my selfish Husker reasons, and I think he is still a year away from being able to put it all together. Not the best against the run for example.

why do people keep saying he is going to play DE in the NFL he is being projected by everyone to be a 3-4 OLB this thing about staying to get bigger doesn't matter

An NFL 3-4 OLB is more similar to a defensive end than it is to a LB. Anyways the average size of an NFL OLB is 6-3.5 and 262 pounds. Ranging from 225 to 290. He is a little undersized and could stand to gain some weight, but he could still be very effective at his current weight and speed.
yeah I know the difference between the a 3-4 and 4-3 linebackers, but with the way the NFL has gone so pass happy there are plenty of undersized situational pass rusher that have been high draft pick mingo from the brown a few years back is probly smaller than Gregory teams stockpile pass rushers and who ever trains him for the combine could probably get him up to 245 or so by the time the draft comes by. All the scouts know how big he is he'll still be a high draft pick. He's gone

Whether linebacker or DE, Aldon Smith takes the end, usually with an eye for the quarterback but fast enough to contain a running back working the edge.

Aldon Smith didn't need to add any weight and leading the NFL in sacks was a great precedent for guys his size.

Aldon Smith is 25 pounds heavier at 265. Ezekial Ansah from BYU is 278. Both similar and athletic. Gregory is a lean 245. He looks closer to 230. I'm not saying he isn't a great player, or how it will translate, but he still isn't quite the NFL size for the heavy grind it takes against NFL tackles. Those lineman have long arms and quick first steps too. If he gets 6-7 sacks a year as 1st round pick, that really isn't great value for the money.

Just my opinion. I don't want to sound like a meanie :P

Aldon Smith is 25 pounds heavier at 265. Ezekial Ansah from BYU is 278. Both similar and athletic. Gregory is a lean 245. He looks closer to 230. I'm not saying he isn't a great player, or how it will translate, but he still isn't quite the NFL size for the heavy grind it takes against NFL tackles. Those lineman have long arms and quick first steps too. If he gets 6-7 sacks a year as 1st round pick, that really isn't great value for the money.

Just my opinion. I don't want to sound like a meanie :P

Khalil Mack, Anthony Barr, Dee Ford all first round picks last year and not that much bigger than Gregory if at all, Gregory will go somewhere to train after the season and get him around 245-250 right around where Mingo was and he'll run a hell of a 40 and have an insane vertical. Top ten easy

Sipple was on 1620 and said that something just is right about Gregory. Says he's not practicing and has lost A LOT of weight

If that's the case he needn't be here anyway. His motivation was a question this year, here's hoping he gets a signing bonus.

He wasn't motivated because he knew that the defensive strategies were a joke. They stayed the same no matter what happened, so why risk your future for a coach that doesn't put you in a position to win? I can't blame him, espically after the Wisy game and they were told that thier defensive strategy wasn't changing for the Minny game.

Sipple was on 1620 and said that something just is right about Gregory. Says he's not practicing and has lost A LOT of weight

I think it was Barney Cotton who said today that Gregory had been recovering from a concussion and an illness, which I took to mean something like the flu or whatever.

If that's the case he needn't be here anyway. His motivation was a question this year, here's hoping he gets a signing bonus.

He wasn't motivated because he knew that the defensive strategies were a joke. They stayed the same no matter what happened, so why risk your future for a coach that doesn't put you in a position to win? I can't blame him, espically after the Wisy game and they were told that thier defensive strategy wasn't changing for the Minny game.

That's not it at all. When Bo's firing was announced he basically said it made his decision to go pro easier.

That's not it at all. When Bo's firing was announced he basically said it made his decision to go pro easier.

He wasn't staying anyway.

He wasn't staying anyway.

I agree.