*** The Official Purdue Boilermakers Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

if we're going to run, why on earth do we need 3 wideouts??? you're not fooling anyone Beck...

Announcers confirming what you posted...

Wait. Are you guys honestly complaining about play calling that led to a TD?

if we're going to keep running the ball, having three wideouts is a waste of manpower...

Not really, it makes them cover the WR's instead of stacking the box.

yeah, but thats why instead of having 3 wide outs, you have one, run two TE's, a FB, and run the ball down their throats...

Or we can run what we did and score actual touchdowns.

Except they weren't. They were sending corners to blitz....

They sent a safety and still had 3 corners covering the WRs.

Yes I saw the replay...the point was if they are going to attack the run then either throw the ball and keep them honest or bring in more guys to block...look it's just discussion. I understand Beck knows more than I do...that doesn't mean my observations never bring up good points. It's just the constant barrage of insults and snide remarks when anyone questions something. You ever think that maybe our questions are legitimate questions (wanting a mature answer) and not just "whining?"

if we're going to run, why on earth do we need 3 wideouts??? you're not fooling anyone Beck...

Announcers confirming what you posted...

Wait. Are you guys honestly complaining about play calling that led to a TD?

if we're going to keep running the ball, having three wideouts is a waste of manpower...

Not really, it makes them cover the WR's instead of stacking the box.

Except they weren't. They were sending corners to blitz....

They sent one corner to blitz. The receivers then set the blocks that allowed the TD.

See this is discussion. I see why they spread out the defense...but I still wonder what other alignments you can utilize when they are crashing in on the run...