Game 10 “Expert” Picks: Nebraska @ Wisconsin

Saunders

This feels like 2012 in a lot of ways, aside from the fact that we beat the Badgers at our place before getting pounded on them in the title game.

Nebraska had a really good thing going with the win streak. We've been a little sloppy, but I think we have had some good moments and we know who we are from a style of play stand point. Wisconsin had been kind of "finding their way" back in 2012 but seemed to be peeking just in time for Indy. This year they've had two QBs and played horrid on offense in the pass game against LSU. Of late, their offense looks good. And the defense seems to be doing a comparable job to the solid work of the Blackshirts.

I felt going into that 2012 title game that Nebraska might lose to Wisconsin, but that it would be a close one. None of us saw the kicking coming. In the times that Coach Bo has talked about that contest since then, he basically said that we got thrown off balance, that we played out of sorts and that we were completely out of character. I remember Coach Osborne saying a similar thing about how a game can get out of hand if one side gets thrown out of whack by big plays early.

This year, the Huskers' trip to Madison has me thinking the same thing. We are very capable of a win. We could possibly lose, but it would be a very close one.

If Nebraska plays "out of character" again, the problems go deeper than any one-off result. I think it would be really hard at that point to argue otherwise.

Doesn't feel like 2012 at all to me when I look at this game. NU did it with smoke and mirrors defensively that year. They were beat up and not a real talented team defensively.

Athletically Nebraska is for sure more talented man for man in the front 7 and also at the safety spot. That is a huge difference.

I actual felt we would lose going into the CCG. Don't get that same feeling.

I just feel like the defense will be dialed into the game with something to prove.

Wisconsin lost two starting Dlinemen in the second half, plus a safety or corner. I think the injuries had more of mental hit than the play. LSU is very very very young. Arkansas, has been dancing with the big boys pretty well. Another year and Bilema will have them ticking. A lot of the talking heads are saying that LSU is the next dominant team in the SEC after this year.

Wisconsin is going to be tough for our huskers, that is all we know. I think we have a better team this year, but they need to play a good game through out. We seldom see that with Bo's teams. I have no idea why, other than the other team wants to win just as bad.

Really looking forward to this game. This sets the tone for Nebraska. This a must win game for Bo I think. Not from outside pressure but the pressure he puts on himself. I expect a well played game this weekend. Can not ask for more.

Wisconsin lost two starting Dlinemen in the second half, plus a safety or corner. I think the injuries had more of mental hit than the play. LSU is very very very young. Arkansas, has been dancing with the big boys pretty well. Another year and Bilema will have them ticking. A lot of the talking heads are saying that LSU is the next dominant team in the SEC after this year.

Wisconsin is going to be tough for our huskers, that is all we know. I think we have a better team this year, but they need to play a good game through out. We seldom see that with Bo's teams. I have no idea why, other than the other team wants to win just as bad.

Really looking forward to this game. This sets the tone for Nebraska. This a must win game for Bo I think. Not from outside pressure but the pressure he puts on himself. I expect a well played game this weekend. Can not ask for more.

I agree with this. I am not sure if it's just them being stubborn or if it actually takes as longs as it does for our coaching staff to adjust when the game plan on either side of the ball goes awry. But, I think that one of those two things are keeping Bo's Huskers going from good to great IMO. I think we should have a pretty good idea what they are going to do and should be able to handle them. I think DONU by 10, but it could go the other way real easy. I think if we have to score 35 or more to win we are screwed. I am hoping I am wrong about the last part.

You know what, that's fine, just par for the course as this game approaches. ZERO respect Nebraska, not from any "expert" picks, not from the college football playoff committee, nobody.................harness that rage and unleash it on Wisconsin! Prove the nation wrong, GBR.

You know, guys like me and you and maybe some others love a team that just fuels their fire with the words of the doubters. The guys who play with huge passion. The guys who are angry and want to punish the opponent. People who step onto the field believing they are Godly and love to demonstrate their dominance. We used to have plenty of those type of players around here.

I can tell you right now, listening to these players and the things they say, this just isn't the way it is around here anymore. It's just not.

I'm not saying its a bad thing. Personally I love the Wistroms and Peter Bros. of the world, but these kids we have right now aren't of that mold. They are still succeeding though.

Most have the game within 7 points. I like our chances if it's a close game.

Not a bad observation. Wisconsin hasn't won a close game against a BCS conference team since beating Michigan State in the 2011 Big Ten Championship game.

Nebraska had a 9 game win streak in games decided by single digits until the loss at MSU. So the Huskers have done well in tight games over the last few years.

There's no such thing as "experts" in college football except for the coaches and players. Ex-players and coaches have a ton of insight, but their insight is only valuable after the games (or during the games, but still after plays). They can break down individual plays and all that, but to me, nobody can truly make great predictions. NOBODY.

We can predict all day, some might be accurate. Heck, if someone predicted a 35-14 win against Purdue before the game we'd all be game. However, that actual 35-14 score was (according to what I have been hearing for 2 weeks) the worst outing by a Nebraska football team in a long time (everyone exaggerates). I would have never thought that a 21 point victory against anyone would be seen in such a strong negative light, but it has. (And yes, I saw the game, I was there, it wasn't a great game, but a 21 point win on one of worst days? I'll take it.)

In other words, predictions to me are meaningless. I will only be impressed if a prediction says something like "Ameer carries the ball 5 times for 35 yards, however, Newby finds a rhythm and rushes for 150 yards to go along with Tommy's 95 yards. Gordon gets 175 yards, but it isn't enough. Tommy throws the game winning TD to Kenny Bell with 30 seconds left, in a surprisingly low scoring game. Wisconsin is unable to do anything in the final 30 seconds because Gordon had to leave the game earlier in the 4th quarter due to an injury."

If someone makes that prediction, and is right. I will be impressed and call that person a true "expert". Until that happens, "35-14" means nothing.