Does anyone else WANT Bo?

xmanjones

The market is soft on Pelini. No major schools want him as a HC. If we want to get rid of him, we need to put our big boy pants on and fire him.

Hawaii needs a new coach. Chow gone after this year. Bo and his actions would last 2 weeks here. Would be fun to watch for those two weeks.

Norm Chow would make a great OC

I wouldn't be surprised if Florida is looking at him. Would they take him? I don't know. Would they give him a long look? Hell yes.

As HC? No way.

Yeah they would...lots of schools would. We, as fans of the program, look at it much differently then people who are doing the hiring. Look who got high profile jobs with little on their resume that was "awesome"

Saban got LSU

Miles got LSU

Muschamp got UF

Strong got UT (you can make a case that he had more on his resume, but, not a lot)

Franklin got PSU

Kiffen (twice)

O Leary got ND!

Price got Bama!

Hoke got Michigan

Now, come on, none of those guys, maybe Kelly, had a resume where you would be like "HOLY sh#t! THIS GUY IS AMAZING"

Does it mean he will get a new job if he got canned, I have no idea at all but to pretend like not one decent school would even think about him is crazy.

• Fire 3

I think any top program, college or pro, would and should gun for Bo as a defensive coordinator. He's still young, fiery, and his players run through walls for him. I think he'd excel in a role where he's given top talent but is more shielded from the fire and doesn't have to worry about recruiting or PR nearly as much.

If things don't work out for Bo here, I'll root for his success wherever he lands.

• Fire 3

If Bo can win at least 2 of the final 3 games this year, and we end up either 10-3 or 11-2, I'm game for keeping him.

We've got to have the stipulation though that Bo get rid of his entire offensive staff (except for Ron Brown, and MAYBE Rich Fisher) and hire an OC who knows what the hell he's doing, then give the OC the ability to go out and get his pick of assistants. That would be an awfully attractive job for a high profile OC IMO.

• Fire 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Florida is looking at him. Would they take him? I don't know. Would they give him a long look? Hell yes.

As HC? No way.

Yeah they would...lots of schools would. We, as fans of the program, look at it much differently then people who are doing the hiring. Look who got high profile jobs with little on their resume that was "awesome"

Saban got LSU

Miles got LSU

Muschamp got UF

Strong got UT (you can make a case that he had more on his resume, but, not a lot)

Franklin got PSU

Kiffen (twice)

O Leary got ND!

Price got Bama!

Hoke got Michigan

Now, come on, none of those guys, maybe Kelly, had a resume where you would be like "HOLY sh#t! THIS GUY IS AMAZING"

Does it mean he will get a new job if he got canned, I have no idea at all but to pretend like not one decent school would even think about him is crazy.

One can always dream. Not me but someone I'm sure who's a Pelini fan could dream. Easily disagree.

Nothing like shooting for mediocrity by hiring Pelini.

I agrred with the Pelini hire at the time. In 2003 he had taken our 53rd ranked defense to briefly #1 in the nation. That kind of commitment abd result warrants serious consideration. The 2009 defense was one of the best in Husker history. Better than the vaunted Alabama unit and a Gerald McCoy led Sooner unit. However at this point it seems obvious to me that Bo should not be the face of our program.

• Fire 1

Nobody would hire Bo. Look at Terry Bowden. Had a good run at Auburn, including an undefeated season, and San Diego State wouldn't even interview the guy. He ended up at that po-dunk DII school down south. And this was from a guy who did pretty well. Don't forget, nobody wanted to hire Bo before we did. His future is as a D-Coordinator, only.

Terry Bowden is at Akron and has them on the upswing. He did coach at North Alabama and had a good stint while there. I bet he gets another shot at a big school before he hangs it up.

Bo has had his shot, will not be another one of any importance.

We do not and did not ever have to worry about it.

His on field actions and the audio are enough to end that.

After his antics, along with the undisciplined play I doubt he gets another HC job at any level. Football is a fraternity of sorts so he will get a job somewhere, but not HC.

• Fire 1