Question: Do You Want Iowa to Stomp Us?

This thread really happened?! Is this real life? No, I don't want us to lose to Iowa, you know why? Because I have to live with these suffering bastards 365 days a year and they do nothing, but run their mouths non-stop. Are there good Iowa fans? Yes, yes there are, they'll discuss the teams/game with you rationally and are willing to listen to the pros and cons of each team. I've found maybe 5 my entire time living in Iowa.................that's 34 years by the way. I want the Huskers to curb stomp their a$$es for 4 quarters and beat them 70-0, that would make me very happy!

• Fire 3

The decision to keep or let Bo go has already been made. You don't make a multi million dollar decision on the outcome of one game. I know nothing of SE, but to be in his position, I would think him to be an intelligent man. The process of a new coach, IMO, began last year to have a plan B if plan A (win the B1G) didn't work out......

I have never cheered against NU and won't. I want the team to win and win big to get a later bowl game in hopes of more reps for the kids and as a spring board to winning the bowl and getting 10 wins. Also send the seniors out with a win instead of 3 losses in a row.......

Again, win or loss, Bo's fate IMO is already sealed......

What are you psychic? how do you know a FINAL decision has been made, It might be contingent on making the almighty 9!!! win mark, so in that case the Iowa outcome just might have a bearing

As long as Bo is our coach I want him and the team to win every game.

If Bo is still the coach next year, I will root for the team to WIN...EVERY....DAMN....GAME.

I hope Bo is still the coach in 20 years assuming SE sets a solid, respectable standard. This would mean that he figured it out and is getting it done.

That's what fans do

What in the world does this mean? Will the freakin madness never stop?

reading is hard.....

If Bo is still the coach next year, I will root for the team to WIN...EVERY....DAMN....GAME.

I hope Bo is still the coach in 20 years assuming SE sets a solid, respectable standard. This would mean that he figured it out and is getting it done.

That's what fans do

reading is hard.....

Respectable standard is the deal, is that 9win thingee your idea of respectable? I am guessing it is.

The decision to keep or let Bo go has already been made. You don't make a multi million dollar decision on the outcome of one game. I know nothing of SE, but to be in his position, I would think him to be an intelligent man. The process of a new coach, IMO, began last year to have a plan B if plan A (win the B1G) didn't work out......

I have never cheered against NU and won't. I want the team to win and win big to get a later bowl game in hopes of more reps for the kids and as a spring board to winning the bowl and getting 10 wins. Also send the seniors out with a win instead of 3 losses in a row.......

What are you physic? how do you know a FINAL decision has been made, It might be contingent on making the almighty 9!!! win mark, so in that case the Iowa outcome just might have a bearing

Because of the bolded. For us its a game, a passion and a ritual. For NU its a multi million dollar business. MULTI MILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS. One game is not going to influence a decision with that much money at stake. I am sure they have run the numbers i.e. attendance at home/away/ tv viewership, memorabilia sales etc.....

What are you physic? how do you know a FINAL decision has been made, It might be contingent on making the almighty 9!!! win mark, so in that case the Iowa outcome just might have a bearing

Because of the bolded. For us its a game, a passion and a ritual. For NU its a multi million dollar business. MULTI MILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS. One game is not going to influence a decision with that much money at stake. I am sure they have run the numbers i.e. attendance at home/away/ tv viewership, memorabilia sales etc.....

well if that is the criteria he will be here till he leaves on his own, hell no decision needs to be made ,play-on boys.

If Bos job is on the line for this game then our AD needs fired as well. Beating Iowa means nothing in the big picture of things.

This^. As I said before, the decision to keep or fire has already been made. Now when the fans know is up for debate as is when/if Bo gets fired.

Yeah I agree. They have been doing their homework for quite some time and have also continued to do research to know what decisions are best going forward. The sooner we make a decision the better the chance of saving the recruiting class that is full of studs.

The decision to fire a coach actually has less to do with winning and losing and more do to with losing the support of fans and donors. I think it has reached a point that the fan base is so divided that SE has to make a move and beating a lowly Iowa team won't make anyone feel better about Pelini. So we might as well pound them. There are only 12 to 14 games a year, I don't want to waste any of them to prove a point.

The decision to fire a coach actually has less to do with winning and losing and more do to with losing the support of fans and donors. I think it has reached a point that the fan base is so divided that SE has to make a move and beating a lowly Iowa team won't make anyone feel better about Pelini. So we might as well pound them. There are only 12 to 14 games a year, I don't want to waste any of them to prove a point.

Well like I said play-on nothin to see here.

That's what fans do

reading is hard.....

Respectable standard is the deal, is that 9win thingee your idea of respectable? I am guessing it is.

You're wrong a lot....

OP, what are you really doing here?

It feels more and more like you're a troll account, executing a mastermind slow roll. I haven't ever used the ignore feature on this forum, but it's gettin there.

This doesn't read like trolling to me.

The vast majority of us will root for Nebraska to beat Iowa this week. Wouldn't dream of rooting for a beatdown from Iowa to ensure Pelini's departure. Please!

Except that we will have spent much of the previous week writing posts that went right to the edge of that cliff.

Some are also suggesting that a Husker beatdown of Iowa would earn Bo Pelini his eigth season.

In the spirit of honesty, which scenario do you prefer?

(I prefer a third scenario, too, but just play along)

That's what fans do

reading is hard.....

You're wrong a lot....

Quite frankly not to often.Check my posts and then tell me that

That's what fans do

reading is hard.....

For the sake of fun, I will clarify...

First, let's assume Bo is retained. Whether I want this to happen at this time is irrelevant.

Now, he comes back next year and manages to appear in the CCG and puts up a good fight. He then comes back the following year and wins one. All of these are hypotheticals. Hypothetically, if Bo decides next year to start putting teams on the field that are legitimately competing for and winning championships, I hope that you and every other Husker fan would be glad he is still here.

However, if he can't field a competitive team I hope a new coach can come here and win some championships. If that is next year, so be it.

My point is (I'll put it in bold so you don't miss it this time) It doesn't matter who the coach is, I want to see the Huskers win EVERY DAMN GAME THEY PLAY