Bowl Game - Who and Where?

Mavric

Nebraska will get invited to the lowest possible required bowl. Bowl organizations aren't stupid. They know Husker fans are disappointed and won't turn out very well for another meaningless third-tier bowl game.

I think most are in agreement that things haven't went as well as we would like the last several years. But to sit there and say stuff like this drives me crazy. Best fans in college football huh. I guess that's only the case when we are winning. With an attitude like this why don't you just hop over to Alabama or Oregon for now then you can switch when they start to struggle, or better yet go cheer for K-state cause this is what their fan base consist of.

I grew up in Lincoln. I graduated from UNL. You don't get to lecture me on squat. I'll be a Husker fan long after this clown show and people like you are gone.

I'm sorry you find statements of fact so offensive. I hope you didn't attend a university where your limited perspectives were challenged.

My intention isn't to lecture you at all. I didn't attend UNL but Ive been a fan my whole life because my father grew up in Nebraska. My point is too many fans say "oh geez we lost a game we can't win the national championship better luck next year". Or " We've lost two conference games the season is over I don't care what happens from here on out". I look forward to every single game and to the fan that only cares when we win them all I say see ya in August when we have a perfect record cause we don't need ya.

I haven't seen too many fans give up after a single loss. There was still plenty of optimism following the loss to MSU, despite the fact NU was blown out in the first three quarters.

It was when Wisconsin completely blew the doors off the Huskers again, where the players and coaches looked completely lost, that many people fell off the Pelini bandwagon. After that game, Minnesota wasn't a surprise, but further evidence this program is no where close to competing for any sort of championship or even a top-25 ranking. The Iowa game was barely watchable. While I feel for the players and am glad they got the win, the players above all else deserve better coaching- more than the fans do.

There are a few "fans" who have been against Pelini for years, and vocally express that sentiment regularly. I am not one of those. I thought Pelini did enough last year to warrant replacement, but when he was retained we started this year with a clean slate. Now, I've seen enough (again). I see that even under the best of circumstances (easy schedule, good players, stable coaches) we're just not very well coached under Pelini.

Eichorst may choose to retain Pelini again, and I'll still follow the Huskers if he does, and we'll start 2015 with a clean slate again. But expect me to voice my opinion next year when we're again likely sitting at 8-4 or 9-3 watching another CCG play-in game between two programs with less resources, less support, less history but better coaching than Nebraska.

I'll even watch the bowl game this year. Hell, I took off from work to watch the Iowa game. But I don't expect us to land in a "better" bowl game after several years of divided fans, mediocre finishes to the seasons and dwindling fan support at the bowls.

• Fire 1

Holiday Bowl against Arizona State. I'd watch that.

Watch us get our ass kicked

So you wouldn't watch?
I know many people including myself who won't be rearranging schedules to watch. If it happens to fall on a day and time when I'm free I likely half watch it. One thing is for certain, I don't care who or where this team goes.

Whenever I start to feel this way, I always remember what T_O_Bull said one time on the board. He said, you only have so many Husker games to enjoy in a lifetime. Take advantage of each year you get to watch them bc it wont last forever. Those words stuck with me and I don't care how bad we are, its still Nebraska football and if I cant watch live, Ill be DVRing the game.

I want Bo replaced, I am sick of playing Bill Murray's part in Groundhog Day. That being said, I will definitely watch the game. I can't help it, it is in my DNA.

Neb vs ??? In the bluebonnet bowl.

Nebraska with Bo is at least a 10 dog to the top 7 Pac12 teams...that excludes stanford, who I don't think NU would want any piece of either

Neb would be a td dog to.....Oregon, ucla, both zona schools, Stanford, I could see Oregon st and USC even money and even UW would be close to even money.

good god man

You still typed this even after I corrected myself two post above this.

Good god

What will you guys do if we win say 6-7 games next year? The #9wins will be gone, will you be satisfied?

Yes, but only if it means Bo and his band of ass-hat cronies get the gallows.

With Nebraska having another cupcake schedule next year, it's hard to imagine only winning 6 games, but I guess anything is possible. Until the Big Ten gets more depth, and NU schedules a couple stronger games in the nonconference (like in 2016 when they play Oregon), its not that difficult to get to 6 wins.

I will be satisfied when we have a coach that can win a conference championship. We've given Bo 7 tries at it, and it just isn't working out.

Nebraska will get invited to the lowest possible required bowl. Bowl organizations aren't stupid. They know Husker fans are disappointed and won't turn out very well for another meaningless third-tier bowl game.

I think most are in agreement that things haven't went as well as we would like the last several years. But to sit there and say stuff like this drives me crazy. Best fans in college football huh. I guess that's only the case when we are winning. With an attitude like this why don't you just hop over to Alabama or Oregon for now then you can switch when they start to struggle, or better yet go cheer for K-state cause this is what their fan base consist of.

I grew up in Lincoln. I graduated from UNL. You don't get to lecture me on squat. I'll be a Husker fan long after this clown show and people like you are gone.

I'm sorry you find statements of fact so offensive. I hope you didn't attend a university where your limited perspectives were challenged.

My intention isn't to lecture you at all. I didn't attend UNL but Ive been a fan my whole life because my father grew up in Nebraska. My point is too many fans say "oh geez we lost a game we can't win the national championship better luck next year". Or " We've lost two conference games the season is over I don't care what happens from here on out". I look forward to every single game and to the fan that only cares when we win them all I say see ya in August when we have a perfect record cause we don't need ya.

I haven't seen too many fans give up after a single loss. There was still plenty of optimism following the loss to MSU, despite the fact NU was blown out in the first three quarters.

It was when Wisconsin completely blew the doors off the Huskers again, where the players and coaches looked completely lost, that many people fell off the Pelini bandwagon. After that game, Minnesota wasn't a surprise, but further evidence this program is no where close to competing for any sort of championship or even a top-25 ranking. The Iowa game was barely watchable. While I feel for the players and am glad they got the win, the players above all else deserve better coaching- more than the fans do.

There are a few "fans" who have been against Pelini for years, and vocally express that sentiment regularly. I am not one of those. I thought Pelini did enough last year to warrant replacement, but when he was retained we started this year with a clean slate. Now, I've seen enough (again). I see that even under the best of circumstances (easy schedule, good players, stable coaches) we're just not very well coached under Pelini.

Eichorst may choose to retain Pelini again, and I'll still follow the Huskers if he does, and we'll start 2015 with a clean slate again. But expect me to voice my opinion next year when we're again likely sitting at 8-4 or 9-3 watching another CCG play-in game between two programs with less resources, less support, less history but better coaching than Nebraska.

I'll even watch the bowl game this year. Hell, I took off from work to watch the Iowa game. But I don't expect us to land in a "better" bowl game after several years of divided fans, mediocre finishes to the seasons and dwindling fan support at the bowls.

Well said. I was willing to give Bo another chance at the start of this year, especially considering he appear to be changing his approach and attitudes during the offseason. However, as the season unfolded, it confirmed that Bo simply doesn't have what it takes to take Nebraska back to an elite level. If there was hope that things would improve, I think you would still see many fans passionate about this program, but with Pelini as coach, there really is no hope. We know what we are going to get each and every year, and for many of us, that is not enough.