Top 5 reason why this is a great job.

1. Tradition

2. Facilities/Money

3. Academics

4. Fans

5. Weakest Power conference

Top 5 reason that hold back potential great choices

1. Geography

2. Recruiting base is limited causing who ever coaches alot of work and finding hidden gems

3. Its not what it once was.

4. Fans

5. Tradition (expectations)

The best argument I heard that should lure a great choice is the notion that soon the playoffs will expand to 8. So this would include all power 5 conferences. Win your West division and win the Big 10 title and your in. So that means winning essentially 3 games per season against good relevant competition- Wisconsin-on a yearly basis, and who ever you play from the East side in rotation. Michigan- Ohio St- Penn St. You won't have all 3 in one season, but maybe 2 of the 3. So in a 12 game regular season you should expect to have just one tough game to win the West division. Take care of the West and everything else is up for discussion. This could be the easiest route to the playoffs of all 5 power conferences. Think about that.

Add Mark Riecht to the mix. Grumblings out of Georgia they are not happy with the loss to Georgia tech.

he is on the list.... not my short one but hes on vegas' short list

He would be a dud hire

agreed... altho he is an omaha guy and would be a huge asset in recruiting SEC land with Warren, I dont see him as HC at Nebraska.

I know, I know, I know I keep posting this stuff, but:

I saw it listed where a supposed insider said we have contacted 3 of these 6 guys:

Calhoun, Chryst, Briles, Frost, Patterson, and Bohls.

Take it Fwiw.

Ribbit. Ribbit. Ribbit.

Dude, Patterson is not leaving a potential NC at TCU to come here. Just admit, you dont know what youre talking about

@damonbenning

@GarySharp1620 You & I both thought & said yesterday that NU's new coach was a guy that coached this weekend. I believe that more than ever.

@damonbenning

@kevinkugler @dirkchatelain @GarySharp1620 I'm totally speculating, but Im ruling out ALL assistants. I'll take crow warm or cold

So that leaves the following coaches:

Helfrich

Rich Rod

Saban

Pinkel

Paul Johnson

Jimbo Fisher

Gary Andersen

Urban Meyer

Paul Rhoads

Gary Patterson

Bill Snyder

Art Briles

Mike Gundy

Bob Stoops

Then whoever coaches Boise, Fresno, Marshall, and Louisiana Tech

Probably gonna be Bill Snyder.

Not only no, but Hell NO to Gundy. I live in Oklahoma and I am telling you, if he doesn't get his way, he is a crys to everyone. He is currently in the hotseat with his AD and their #1 Booster (Pickens). He had 1 good year here and from there it was a down slide.

@damonbenning

@GarySharp1620 You & I both thought & said yesterday that NU's new coach was a guy that coached this weekend. I believe that more than ever.

@damonbenning

@kevinkugler @dirkchatelain @GarySharp1620 I'm totally speculating, but Im ruling out ALL assistants. I'll take crow warm or cold

So that leaves the following coaches:

Helfrich

Rich Rod

Saban

Pinkel

Paul Johnson

Jimbo Fisher

Gary Andersen

Urban Meyer

Paul Rhoads

Gary Patterson

Bill Snyder

Art Briles

Mike Gundy

Bob Stoops

Then whoever coaches Boise, Fresno, Marshall, and Louisiana Tech

Probably gonna be Bill Snyder.

No list is complete without Gruden in it.

My two cents....

I believe Eichorst didn't fire Pelini and promise to bring in someone who can win championships to then hire someone who is either unproven or hasn't won anything.

Eichorst needs a proven winner from a power 5 conference who can bring a potential staff, has won at least a conference championship in the past, and has a solid winning record l as a HC.

I am guessing he will dig deep to counter Meyer going to OSU and Michigan's future hire which will probably be another proven power 5 coach.

I would scratch anybody off who hasn't won at least a conference championship. His job and reputation are at stake with this move and he will shoot VERY high to get a proven winner.

Gut feeling: Tressel head coach and Frost offensive coordinator/head coach in waiting. Best of both worlds for those two as Tressel has always wanted to get back into coaching but who knows how much longer he could do it. It would also give Frost more years to prepare for the big step up to head coach. I know people are saying Tressel is already out of it but I just do not believe it yet and I know this would be my dream choice but I suppose we will all just have to wait and see. The speculation and anxiety is driving me crazy!