Player tweets on Pelini firing

They love their HC, or most of them do. I don't blame them at all for being upset. I just hope they are willing to let this settle in, step back and see who the next guy is, and make the best choice for their future. An immediate or reactionary decision may not be the best choice. Staying at Nebraska could result in being the most successful and beneficial choice for current players and recruits. That option should not just immediately be thrown out.

I'm listening to 1620 (the zone), and the players received a rather long email today with the news. Eichorst said he wanted to give them the news at the same time in person in Lincoln, but many players were out of town for the off weekend, and it wasn't possible to bring them all together this morning.

Honestly, in this day and age, it's impossible to make this large of an announcement on short notice to a large football team. I think the way SE is handling this is just fine.

Tough way to have this news broken to you as a player.

They found out in a Tweet!?!

Classy...that's how real men do it...now...I guess...

Mitchell is a good player and I like his fight, but man he's tearing down the program he's been a part of for four years now. Think about the future young fella. There's still teammates of your that will continue on here. Be a part of keeping things strong and keeping the ball rolling for the guys that are staying committed to NU. Just because your door is closed doesn't mean it's time to bail out and burn it down.

Matthew Finnin@StepDaddyFinnin 39m

39 minutes ago

This'll go down as the worst decision Eichorst will make in his career. He don't care tho. Just biding his time til Wisconsin opens up.

Matthew Finnin@StepDaddyFinnin 38m

38 minutes ago

At the end of the day Bo was the only one who gave a sh#t about us. You think Eichorst or Pearlman gave a sh#t? All they care about is $$$

Matthew Finnin@StepDaddyFinnin 37m

37 minutes ago

I can guarantee not one of us has ever even had a conversation with either of them.

Matthew Finnin@StepDaddyFinnin 35m

35 minutes ago

Make no mistake. We just lost our father-figure, role model and you have the balls to tweet us saying "don't overreact"?