Player tweets on Pelini firing

U really think bo created the US against the world. With the turmoil that has surrounded the program the last few years and it is constantly shoved in the players face, u have no choice but to band together as a team. Fans have treated Kenny bell like he is a piece of crap. He is just a player who is not afraid to speak his mind. He also played his last game for his team 6 days after a serious concussion begging docs to leg him play. But, no he is a poison that doesn't care about the huskers. Plz

Bo creating a hostile atmosphere because of his disdain/distrust of outsiders is a lot more plausible than a massive chunk of the fan base just spontaneously deciding, in unison, that they wanted to give the head football coach and some players a hard time for no reason at all.

• Fire 3

U really think bo created the US against the world. With the turmoil that has surrounded the program the last few years and it is constantly shoved in the players face, u have no choice but to band together as a team. Fans have treated Kenny bell like he is a piece of crap. He is just a player who is not afraid to speak his mind. He also played his last game for his team 6 days after a serious concussion begging docs to leg him play. But, no he is a poison that doesn't care about the huskers. Plz

If you don't think this happens to players from every other program or that Kenny Bell brings a lot of the hate upon himself, then I have a bridge to sell you.

wait, i'm in the market for a bridge. please, tell me more.

Do you enjoy Brooklyn?

Saunders try listening for once in your life.

He tried to sabotage the program when he left the first time.

Never said a word about him not being liked.

What I said is he will do the same thing again, unless the heavy use of social media works in a positive manor. We have reports of coaches going ballistic, negative recruiting from within the walls. Where do those ideas come from.

My guess is he was prevented from attending a scheduled meeting, but have no idea if that is the case.

I would guess you are going to learn a lot of things going down the road. Things that are going to make you quite angry. A lot of the Pelini story will come out after he is gone. Give it 6 months and if I owe you an apology you will get it.

How did he sabotage this program back in 03?

Several reports,of,completely crushing NU to recruits.

There are other stories about his behavior at the 03 Alamo Bowl and what he let the players do as well.

like incognito launching a chair across the dinner hall at sparty players and still getting to play?

Maybe not exactly that but i remember quite clearly a fight beoke out at the big dinner, incognito, and a chair.

• Fire 1

If you don't think this happens to players from every other program or that Kenny Bell brings a lot of the hate upon himself, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Do you enjoy Brooklyn?

never been. but i do enjoy the fox hit comedy brooklyn 99.

If the fans didn't care then Nebraska doesn't make any money off of football and the football program will no longer exist.

So you are saying:

Fan $$$ = Football

I disagree. College football doesn't have to exist in its present form. In fact, I would rather not have seen it turn into the minor leagues for the NFL and an escape for people who artificially boost their self esteem just by buying a t-shirt.

There's always intramural football. No fans, no pressure, no glory...

• Fire 2

Bo creating a hostile atmosphere because of his disdain/distrust of outsiders is a lot more plausible than a massive chunk of the fan base just spontaneously deciding, in unison, that they wanted to give the head football coach and some players a hard time for no reason at all.

it really annoys me that the players and coaches go crazy over an internet troll here and there. Hopefully our next staff can teach everyone what trolling is and how to ignore it.

What I said is he will do the same thing again, unless the heavy use of social media works in a positive manor. We have reports of coaches going ballistic, negative recruiting from within the walls. Where do those ideas come from.

My guess is he was prevented from attending a scheduled meeting, but have no idea if that is the case.

I would guess you are going to learn a lot of things going down the road. Things that are going to make you quite angry. A lot of the Pelini story will come out after he is gone. Give it 6 months and if I owe you an apology you will get it.

Irony is ironic.

How did he sabotage this program back in 03?

He sabotaged it so bad that we up and hired him again as the head football coach because Harvey, Tom, boosters, and former players all signed off on the guy....

Either there's some massive bullsh#t going on in here, or the University of Nebraska has been employing a bunch of f'ing idiots for 15 years.

If these stories are true, then the fans should be livid with the brass at Nebraska, and finding out exactly why Tom hired Bo in the first place. Tom should also be on the hook for the damages. Tom needs to apologize, and Harvey should step down for allowing it to happen.

Or... there's a chance that the message board fodder is just that.

Occam's razor y'all.

• Fire 4

This stuff always happens...right when a guy gets canned or leaves the "stories" start popping up...and of course they are always a bit different than the reality of the situation.

Think of your place of work...think of co-workers that were canned or left...the stories/memories of them good or bad are usually expanded on over and over...it is the classic fishing story. The 14 inch bass becomes 18...then 20...then two feet. (Also, I do the same thing with my unit)

• Fire 1
Yeah. If you want to get away from all the fans and the reporters and the craziness, go play pickup with your friends.

Yeah, but then no Taylor Martinez jerseys, no tailgating, no season tickets, no Big Red Report magazine, no Big Ten network...in fact, not a single way to be a part of the football game UNLESS YOU ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE IN IT...one couldn't say "We won" unless one actually was on the field actively winning.

...and of course, no way to make money off of any of it.

Do you enjoy Brooklyn?

What creates the us against the world attitude is when you have a lack of support from the administration. It puts you in a corner and the team and coach band together. The last half of last season the coaches job was in jeopardy and nobody had any clue what was going on. When this happens then you block out all the outside noise and put your trust in your teammates and your coach. Bo didnt create the atmosphere but he did the only thing you can do to block out the noise. Trust those that are there day in and day out. Been there done that and a lack of support is poison to a program.