Player tweets on Pelini firing

Saunders try listening for once in your life.

He tried to sabotage the program when he left the first time.

Never said a word about him not being liked.

What I said is he will do the same thing again, unless the heavy use of social media works in a positive manor. We have reports of coaches going ballistic, negative recruiting from within the walls. Where do those ideas come from.

My guess is he was prevented from attending a scheduled meeting, but have no idea if that is the case.

I would guess you are going to learn a lot of things going down the road. Things that are going to make you quite angry. A lot of the Pelini story will come out after he is gone. Give it 6 months and if I owe you an apology you will get it.

This falls under "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." If this happened exactly as you're describing, the Administration is 100% aware of it. With that awareness, if they don't tie Bo's future payout to his after-termination behavior under the Conduct Clause, they're fools and they get what they deserve.

Bo stands to lose millions if he attempts to incite the players. I don't see him doing that, nor do I see the people atop this university falling for the same trick twice.

• Fire 1

Saunders try listening for once in your life.

He tried to sabotage the program when he left the first time.

Never said a word about him not being liked.

What I said is he will do the same thing again, unless the heavy use of social media works in a positive manor. We have reports of coaches going ballistic, negative recruiting from within the walls. Where do those ideas come from.

My guess is he was prevented from attending a scheduled meeting, but have no idea if that is the case.

I would guess you are going to learn a lot of things going down the road. Things that are going to make you quite angry. A lot of the Pelini story will come out after he is gone. Give it 6 months and if I owe you an apology you will get it.

This falls under "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." If this happened exactly as you're describing, the Administration is 100% aware of it. With that awareness, if they don't tie Bo's future payout to his after-termination behavior under the Conduct Clause, they're fools and they get what they deserve.

Bo stands to lose millions if he attempts to incite the players. I don't see him doing that, nor do I see the people atop this university falling for the same trick twice.

I think this is something Eichorst and Pearlman would be all over.

U really think bo created the US against the world. With the turmoil that has surrounded the program the last few years and it is constantly shoved in the players face, u have no choice but to band together as a team. Fans have treated Kenny bell like he is a piece of crap. He is just a player who is not afraid to speak his mind. He also played his last game for his team 6 days after a serious concussion begging docs to leg him play. But, no he is a poison that doesn't care about the huskers. Plz

If you don't think this happens to players from every other program or that Kenny Bell brings a lot of the hate upon himself, then I have a bridge to sell you.

wait, i'm in the market for a bridge. please, tell me more.

Do you enjoy Brooklyn?

What creates the us against the world attitude is when you have a lack of support from the administration. It puts you in a corner and the team and coach band together. The last half of last season the coaches job was in jeopardy and nobody had any clue what was going on. When this happens then you block out all the outside noise and put your trust in your teammates and your coach. Bo didnt create the atmosphere but he did the only thing you can do to block out the noise. Trust those that are there day in and day out. Been there done that and a lack of support is poison to a program.

Bo created the "us vs. them" mentality when he stepped into the job. It's good for maybe the first year, and maybe in specific games throughout the year, but when that is still the culture seven years later, it turns counterproductive.

The "us vs them" thing is not "just" a Bo thing...its more of a social media thing. It is sooooo easy now to see a bad play and tweet the player or instagram or anything like that...

Even a few years ago that was not really the case...you might see the guy at the bar but you were not going up to his face and be like "Nice job losing the game, A-hole"

The internet had made the world a bunch of a-holes. Like Teach pointed out, it's so much easier to find a player on Twitter or Instagram or whatever and say "Nice pass, loser. Way to lose the game for us." This is being done while sitting at home, on his smart phone, without any worries about consequences.

Yes, some will say "then these players shouldn't have access to social media." But, that's how so many of kids today communicate. Plus, that coach would be raked over the coals for "not being in touch with today's kids" and "that's going to really hurt him on recruiting".

• Fire 1

I'd like to think that a majority of fans wouldn't Tweet anything to a player, but this world lets me down so many times that I'm not going to hold my breath.

It's not the majority of the fans, but it's the crazy lunatics who do tweet something to that player. Then that player isn't smart enough to realize that this lunatic doesn't speak for 99% of the fans, and the player gets a negative attitude about the fans.

Gerry is pretty much the only one who I feel has already made up his mind about going. If Kaz goes there will be a sh#tstorm with defensive players.

Its still too early for people to leave. However, we can't lose Gerry. He seems to be only defensive player capable of running down the ball carrier from behine before he scores a TD.

If the fans didn't care then Nebraska doesn't make any money off of football and the football program will no longer exist.

So you are saying:

Fan $$$ = Football

I disagree. College football doesn't have to exist in its present form. In fact, I would rather not have seen it turn into the minor leagues for the NFL and an escape for people who artificially boost their self esteem just by buying a t-shirt.

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. I guess I really am confused as to what type of college football you want to see? You don't like that fans are passionate about competition (Bo is that you?), you don't like that money dictates a lot of things (life), ...just what is the perfect college football world? When was college football ever about playing a sport without money involved (depression days?)? One thing I will agree with you is the nature of a lot of fans today. It's just a game. Nebraska can wallow in nothingness and there are plenty of other things I'll do with my time and be just fine. It's fun to watch competitive, good football but there are lots of other things to do.

You premise that football can exist without fans is not the issue. You can do anything without an audience. But you can't discount what the fans mean to the sport today. The fans drive the sport. Coaching decisions are made with the fans in mind. I'm really not even sure what we're arguing about anymore.

The people reporting that Bo "bailed" on us at our meeting today are ridiculous.... Yall trying to bury this man still... smh yall crazy

I'm confused. He put "bailed" in quotes so does that mean there is an actual report proclaiming this or is he just referring to the message board postings assuming this? He uses the term reporting and that's usually for actual publications. I haven't seen anything official except a report that Bo wasn't there. Another example of blowing things out of proportion. I've seen just as many posters on here giving Bo the benefit of the doubt as those assuming he "bailed."

I'd like to think that a majority of fans wouldn't Tweet anything to a player, but this world lets me down so many times that I'm not going to hold my breath.

It's not the majority of the fans, but it's the crazy lunatics who do tweet something to that player. Then that player isn't smart enough to realize that this lunatic doesn't speak for 99% of the fans, and the player gets a negative attitude about the fans.

Thats where coaching/mentoring have to be in play. At this point in our society I wonder if the incoming kids go through a class or training to prepare them for the onslaught of media attention they are about to receive. I would think that could be pretty overwhelming to all of a sudden have this many people fixated on your performances, and not being afraid to share their opinions of that performance.

Why was the 07' defense referred to as the pinkshirts by a lot of us back then, but the 14' defense has rarely ever been referred to as pinkshirts even though they are just as dismal? Why was Bo given so much more rope to hang himself with than we gave Cosgrove?

because despite what you may think Bo has not forgotten how to coach defense and stop the run...