Player tweets on Pelini firing

The competition was quite a bit stiffer in 07'. Mizzou had the #3 best offense in the country. Okie State had the #5 best offense in the country. Kansas had the #8 best offense in the country. This year, we didn't even face a top 10 best offense.

KSU, A&M, and Colorado all were bottom half, and had no problems scoring.

A&M came in at #46 which isn't bottom half. Clownahan and gang had already packed it up by the CU game. There's a link in one of the umpteen threads here that lists our worst defensive performances in history. I believe the fabulous Bofense owns over half of them. He owns a heck of a lot more than Cosgrove does!

You said the 2014 is as bad as 2007. Every metric says no. We moving them goalposts now?

I can't say which defense was worse as we played better O's in 07 but overall I'd say our defense sans when Suh was here, has been awful against teams with pulses. I won't compare as comparing poo to crap is pointless.

Not really moving the goalposts, but when we faced five top 30 offenses in 07' with three of them top ten and not a single top ten offense in 14' it's a little difficult to compare stats. Our rush defense has been horrid. In 2011, we ended up with the #70 rush defense. In 2012, we ended up with the #115 rush defense. In 2013, we ended up with the #56 rush defense. In 2014, we ended up with the #81 rush defense. Even though we're not facing top ten offenses, we are in a run heavy league. We'll never win anything with rush defenses like these.

I'm really not even sure what we're arguing about anymore.

The original burr under my saddle was the comment to the effect that "...we deserve more."

My reply to that comment is "Who exactly is 'we' and for what reason do 'we deserve more'?"

I call that "t-shirt entitlement", when someone buys a jersey, spends hours on this forum or similar, or buys tickets to a game, so that they can consider the Cornhusker football team as "we" and that they are owed a better performance based on their formerly mentioned "buy in". As an analogy, I don't say "we won an Oscar!" just because I took my sons to the Star Wars movie years back and bought them Stormtrooper action figures. We tend to blur the line between spectator and participant.

So that's the end of this for me, but if you want to make the point that fans aren't being milked of their money by being sold (and buying into) this "we" facade, I'll sit back and listen.

See. This is what happens when I jump into the middle of a conversation. Damn it. I think I'll just stick to the sock thread, gifs, and photoshopping...

Great meeting with coach Bo. Love the guy. Always has our backs. Thanks for everything coach!

Man...Coach Bo is the realest I've been around. Nothing but love for him and it was great visiting tonight.

You da man Bo! Thanks for everything and the opportunity great talk tonight 270a.png

Great meeting with Bo tonight. Can't thank this man enough for giving me a chance. Love him to death. #GBR

B350_U8CEAICx23.jpg

Zeuce @DarlingtonZack 8m

Glad we got to see coach Bo one last time. Gonna miss the head man! #GBR

• Fire 1