Player tweets on Pelini firing

College students are adults, not kids.. twitter nonsense notwithstanding.

Actually, a number of medical schools have modifyied the life cycle stages so that pre-adult/adolescent stage (depending on the life cycle model used) go all the way up to 24-25 years old. Traditionally these stages ended at ~18. From medical science perspective, they are now being looked at as adults physically, kids emotionally/developmentally...

Yeah good point. Legally adult does not equal developmentally mature.

But yes, the juvenile reactions even days later are just kinda sad at this point. Show a little life toughness and resiliency for chrissakes.

These tweets are lending credence to the new models being taught at medical schools. Still though, I believe, as a relatively recent college grad, that many college students are in fact mature and their less mature peers should be held to the same adult standards. It would also be nice to hold Bo to adult standards. If you think about it, what ever made this guy be considered such a role model of being a man. He often acts like an angry child on the sideline throwing a temper tandrum. He clearly does have and preach an us versus them mentality which is also quite juvenile. Not trying to hate too much on Bo as he has many good qualities, but he is not the shining example of maturity that Osborne was and is.

I would hope that Bo is not vindictive...a man with authority issues...because TO gave him a chance. A great opportunity. He did his best. The end results were a program that had few off the field issues involving his players, staff off field issues that were cleaned up immediately, 7 years of 9 win seasons, no titles, some really embarrassing losses, a fractured fanbase, and players at odds with the fans and administration...

I get that players are still upset...but I place some of this on Bo. His meeting could have ended with, "do the right thing, you can come out and support me, but don't take any shots at the fans or administration." It reminds me of the fergusson stuff going on right now...the president had an opportunity to come out and calm the storm but instead he basically said "you have a right to be angry."

What we are seeing from the players is a reflection of Bo Pelini. This really can't be argued. The man has a profound influence on their lives and tapegate and the backhanded comments to administration last year about firing him have show Bo clearly has issues with authority and the fans. It's disappointing but nothing we won't recover from. My only concern is that these young men do not do anything that they will regret (like boycotting their last game) because it will accomplish nothing).

I think what we're seeing with Bo is a guy with no experience with the intangibles that it actually takes to be a HEAD coach. He made some early mistakes in personna and public perception. Made some mistakes program with with regards to extreme loyalty to players (no accountability. Foreman said straight up that watching practices this year, there were numerous guys riding pine that shouldve been on the field, all the time) and staff. Starting off really bad with the media. Not being able to contain anger, even in what was thought of as a private setting (audio leak). I think the hole he dug to soon was too deep and just got to the point where is was a no win situation. Then as failures pile up while he feels he's trying to make necessary changes, he gets defensive to the point where it's someone elses fault. Blaming lack of execution after games (players) and the blaming of administration, which is obvious base on these players' statements.

With all that said, it's best for both parties that we go our separate ways. Bo probably learned a whole hell of a lot about being a HEAD coach. A lot of times, mistakes are life's best teacher. I wouldnt be surprised one bit-as well as hopeful-he takes a step back, and analyzes carefully what transpired over the past 7 years, and uses it as a giant lesson to become a very successful head coach somewhere.

• Fire 4

Remember what i posted Yesterday in the pelini getting another job thread. Man, does seem surreal-or spmethin-now.

You know what scares me the most?

Looking back now without my RosyRed blinders on, and seeing what's going on and this apparent sh**ty culture and so on, I have this really sh**ty feeling that at some point in the future, near or far, we're gonna look back on these seven years and say, without a doubt, that Bo did more damage to this program than Callahan and Pedersen did. Does anyone else have this eery feeling?

And I defended the guy till nearly the bitter end. But it was for what I thought was the best for the PROGRAM, at the time. Last year after the Iowa game when I assumed he was gone, I was ready for a fresh start then. When it was said he was coming back, I jumped back on. Spent the offseason defending him in the same arguments over and over. Using the same 9wins bullsh#t and ridiculous propaganda that I laugh at now, for the sake of blind support of the program. Then I swiftly got a stiff kick to the balls with the Michigan St game and gradually started losing hope. Wisconsin was the final dagger. It was the final twist of that dagger. I can stand here now and admit I was wrong. I have no problem with that, even though it shouldnt be about being right and wrong. It should be about support for the PROGRAM, not a coach. And what I see from some who are still fighting the good fight with Bo is probably not support for Bo, but rather a strong unwillingness to admit to being wrong after sticking by to the bitter end. And like I said, it shouldnt be about that. It should be about support of the PROGRAM regardless of the coach. I'll probably wanna bitch slap the first person the pulls the "i told you so card" the first time our new coach loses a game.

Then yesterday, the tweets from the players, even thought the emotional state is understandable, the direction of their anger is just very concerning to me. The culture that has been established in that lockeroom is flat out scary to me.

Thoughts?

Well said, and I think this example is only the tip of the iceberg. The football program is/was one dysfunctional family.

Great man to look up to with an admirable set of values. A true leader. Thanks for the opportunity to be a Cornhusker, Coach Bo.

Coach Bo gave me an opportunity to play this game and I can't thank him enough! Glad I got to give him a farewell hug & say thanks tonight!

Its simple & never changed. I love my team, my university, and am thankful for my coaches. Love & appreciation for my coach is how I "feel"

this is gonna get ugly. finnin's comments didn't just come out of the blue. this is going to get worse before it gets better. bo's departure has been toxic, and it didn't have to be that way. in the end, it might save the university some money though because i'll 100% guarentee you there is non disparagement agreement in the university docs he signed. i've never worked a job that didn't have one, don't think the university would be any different.

• Fire 1

I would hope that Bo is not vindictive...a man with authority issues...because TO gave him a chance. A great opportunity.

I hoped this too. But the guy that said "see what they can do when I'm gone"? The guy who tried to sabotage recruiting the first time he left? The guy whose assistant and, reportedly, some of his more devoted fans are trying to do the same now?

I think we're dreaming.

The greatest trick anyone ever played on Husker football was convincing us that Bo Pelini was Nebraska.

This team will be Nebraska again someday, soon I hope. Bo's gone and I think it's safe to say he hopes we burn next year.

I would hope that Bo is not vindictive...a man with authority issues...because TO gave him a chance. A great opportunity.

I hoped this too. But the guy that said "see what they can do when I'm gone"? The guy who tried to sabotage recruiting the first time he left? The guy whose assistant and, reportedly, some of his more devoted fans are trying to do the same now?

I think we're dreaming.

The greatest trick anyone ever played on Husker football was convincing us that Bo Pelini was Nebraska.

This team will be Nebraska again someday, soon I hope. Bo's gone and I think it's safe to say he hopes we burn next year.

What Eichorst is up to right now is a lot more important that what Pelini is up to right now.

What Eichorst is up to right now is a lot more important that what Pelini is up to right now.

What Pelini is doing could completely derail everything Eichorst is doing. The last thing we need is the new guy coming in to a situation where the team is already against him. It'll take 4-5 years to flush that completely out of the program.

This is turning into a situation like Texas where Strong had to clean house early.