Who hires Pelini next

Been hearing quite a few CSU folks throw Pelini's name around since Monday. Denver Post now making an article about it... would be interesting: http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_27066923/hochman-bo-pelini-would-be-good-choice-replace-jim-mcelwain-at-csu

SOME OF MY COWORKERS (CSU GRADS) SAID THEY WOULDN'T MIND HAVING PELINI.

MAYBE THE LEGAL WEED WOULD CALM HIM DOWN A LITTLE :lol:

I think he'd be more comfortable there. They don't care nearly as much about football and there'd probably be 1/10 of the amount of media.

Two months ago, every Rams Alum I knew was giving me crap about what a D-Bag Pelini was. This week they all want him @ CSU. I don't think they understand the "9+ wins every season" probably stays in Lincoln ;)...

And agreed, FTC is a great town where the media & microscope issues are exactly what BP needs, imo... Heck, I think the media started phoning in the post-game pressers at CU last season...

So if he takes a job somewhere, does his new salary get deducted from the buyout? I always wondered how this worked.

The buyout I think is 151k over 51 weeks. That's a total of 7.7 mil.

If he takes a job over 1.8 mil/year, the buyout is void.

If he takes a job under 1.8 mil/year, we're only responsible for the difference, which at a mil/year would be about 70k.

My initial numbers may be off, but this is the process that I saw on the news.

Excellent info, thank you.

How could us normal folk get a deal like this and why would he want to go back to work. If he and his family isn't resting comfortably on a Caribbean Isle then... well he's an idiot.

T_O_B

Personally I'd be bored resting on an island for several years...Plus the competitor/pride factor comes into play...

So if he takes a job somewhere, does his new salary get deducted from the buyout? I always wondered how this worked.

If he takes a job under 1.8 mil/year, we're only responsible for the difference, which at a mil/year would be about 70k.

How could us normal folk get a deal like this and why would he want to go back to work. If he and his family isn't resting comfortably on a Caribbean Isle then... well he's an idiot.

T_O_B

Personally I'd be bored resting on an island for several years...Plus the competitor/pride factor comes into play...

Count's right (per usual). It's 51 months tho, not weeks...

Why do we even care?

T_O_B

Well, although we've cut ties with the guy, he did bring this program some good things, and kept us from plummeting into the depths. He has my gratitude for that, and he is always welcome back as a former coach for a visit, imo.

Whether he'll act on that is a different question. But, I don't hate the man. He's very rough around the edges, but, he's an intense dude. Honestly, I greatly identified with Pelini through these past 7 years. I'm normally friendly or reserved, but, competition gets me riled up, and I say things sometimes I didn't mean to say. So, I sympathized with Bo. I understood where he was coming from.

T_O_B

Count's right (per usual). It's 51 months tho, not weeks...

you are correct. Thanks for the catch.

Why do we even care?

T_O_B

Well, although we've cut ties with the guy, he did bring this program some good things, and kept us from plummeting into the depths. He has my gratitude for that, and he is always welcome back as a former coach for a visit, imo.

Whether he'll act on that is a different question. But, I don't hate the man. He's very rough around the edges, but, he's an intense dude. Honestly, I greatly identified with Pelini through these past 7 years. I'm normally friendly or reserved, but, competition gets me riled up, and I say things sometimes I didn't mean to say. So, I sympathized with Bo. I understood where he was coming from.

I agree. Plus fort Collins is a great little city. I think that Bo and his family would love it there.

DC for da'Bears.

That would blow my mind and as a guy who has given Pelini hell for the last few years on this board I would actually love to have Bo as a defensive coach of some variety with the Bears. I'm not so sure about head DC necessarily.

I don't think the Bears want to see the lions rush for over 400 yards against them

Cows just put 200 in the bears. Pelini would have made damn sure Murray went over 300.

Why do we even care?

T_O_B

I agree. Plus fort Collins is a great little city. I think that Bo and his family would love it there.

I didn't like Bo being a hothead but liked him for his determination. He did love his team. I think of him as a person and a dad and a husband and wouldn't hesitate to welcome him back for a visit. But, with that said, he has his millions and he publicly said "fire me." I know he said that in anger. I agree he had his rough edges and a lot of other issues but deep deep down had a good side to him. I wish him and his family the best in life to come.

There's quite a bit of stink on Bo Pelini. LSU fans don't care for him at all and his SEC prospects are not good IMO. He was a respected position coach in the NFL and I don't doubt he could get that job again. I don't see him getting a head coaching job anywhere. He is embarrassing and a loose cannon. AD's don't really care for that sort of thing.

The word is out on what he told the players at their off-campus meeting as well. That won't help. Wherever he goes, whatever he does, I hope we never hear from him again. I have zero respect for him.