Shawn Eichorst is my hero

NUance

I was one of the few people on HB, and probly in all of Husker nation, who was *not* in favor of firing Pelini. (Not a popular position to maintain this past month or so.) My biggest fear was that we'd get snubbed by our main target and then sit twisting in the wind for several weeks while our AD approached a laundry list of HC candidates. This is basically what happened the last time we got on the HC hiring carousel. But it didn't happen this time. Eichorst made the announcement posthaste after the last regular season game. Then promptly went out and landed his guy. IN FOUR FREAKING DAYS!!

Eichorst got Mike Riley in place so fast that we likely won't miss a beat pulling in the 2015 recruiting class. And I have all confidence that Riley will be able to calm down the rebellious Husker football players, and bring them back into the fold. Instead of setting us back two years (like last time), we're poised to step up to the next level.

Way to go Shawn Eichorst! Way to execute when it matters!!

This was pretty much how I felt as well.

It is clear Dr Eichorst had it in his head that Riley was a diamond in the rough. So he just had to wait until he could get a pretext to fire Pellini.

Well, that's quite a gamble on Eichorst because HE will be the one run out of town if Riley doesn't pay off. Best of luck Huskers. Fwiw I've always said that Riley should be Notre Dame's emergency hire.

• Plus1 1

If what I've read about Mike holds true, he should be a great fit for Husker Nation. And if what MLB 51 put in his status update holds true, oh man! Next season could be fun!

MLB 51? Can you help me out here, been at work today and I don't really have time to read everything... Thanks

Try www.MLB51.com

If that doesn't work for ya, your internets machine is broken.

Although the sock puppet dude kind of missed the actual choice, I think he made one very good point, over and over. The "Ginger Assassin" may just deserve that title. I don't believe I saw even one mention of Riley as a candidate. Going with that assumption, that Eichhorst is ninja-ish in his craft, I have found that after my initial disappointment (how could I not be disappointed for a minute or two after following "the" thread for 4+ days), I believe in this decision wholeheartedly.

Just read another thread the quotes Riley as saying his biggest job now will be to hire a staff that knows more than he does (he said it better). That further solidifies my trust that this thing is going to work out very good.

A solid character at the helm. Willing to delegate the trench work to "those that know how". By many accounts a great recruiter and a great developer of young men, both in the ways of life and football.

I'm all in.