Steele Contacted About Returning to Huskers

Mavric

I have been saying that for years. The current big dogs do it different. Bama is the mother ship on this. You get Steele here, we can come back quickly. He knows the ropes, how to sell, who to sell (MOM) and who to make adequate (DAD). He is making that money because of the recruiting side, period. Never seen, but hear about it all the time on, yea I know the Finebaum show, but not from Paul, but people working with in that system. Nebraska can do this, especially with the Big 10 money coming in. We most likely need to spend another 20% due to location.

Anxious to see what the staff ends up looking like.

Does the University have the money I always hear they have. After the last two buyouts, will they want to spend what they need to compete with the OSU's, Ala"s.

Would they let Riley put together a staff the size of say, Ala. Didn't Bo just get the use of a Jet last year. Would think some of the other big program would have had one long before Neb did. Just seemed to me that the university was tight with the buck, for a long time.

GBR!!!

yeah, we shall see if Pearlman/Eichorst will spend the money.......if they don't this hire will fail...

Doubtful. He would have a position job as a secondary. Would run recruiting. Really a full time job to build what is needed. More so than at Bama I would think. As things change in college football, recruiting salaries/jobs are going to increase in numbers/importance/salaries. We could be a leader in that if worked properly.

Doubtful. He would have a position job as a secondary. Would run recruiting. Really a full time job to build what is needed. More so than at Bama I would think. As things change in college football, recruiting salaries/jobs are going to increase in numbers/importance/salaries. We could be a leader in that if worked properly.

agree, that should be a major part of the restructuring of this organization, it needs a CEO first along with major changes in how we recruit and build the identity of a winner.

Exactly knife.

If we are going to compete with programs in recruiting hotbeds, we need to pay more than they do (not to the players of course) for the top recruiters. We can be the best team in the big ten and still struggle to beat the top SEC school because at the end of the day they currently have way more talent.

700k for a LB coach...I am way anti SEC, but they way they do it (spending the money), it is no wonder all other conferences are well behind (aside from proximity to talent of course). These hires and their salaries will be interesting to see...like noted in another thread Huskers salaries would have been 10th in the SEC or something like that??? Any hopes of getting back into the elite group needs to start with paying people the money to come here and coach (assuming of course a cohesive unit can be had by hiring all superstars????)