Armstrong's future

My take is that he ends up leaving the program or else just becomes irrelevant.

He doesn't have the tools to run Riley's offense. He could barely run ours (see his completion % vs winning teams); let alone a pro style .

The last interesting nugget is that Riley was interested in Stanton out of high school

Will be interesting to see how a new coach sees the position considering Pelini was pretty well known for loyalty to starters despite how bad they played and/or who was behind them

I have read a number of places that Riley is extremely fair in his player usage and in giving everyone a chance to win a starting spot. He is also well known for developing QBs.

I am extremely excited to see what he can do with the QBs we have on campus. I believe we have a lot of talent in that group and Armstrong doesn't take a back seat to any of them.

It's a whole new world for this group and all of them should be excited to get started with the new coach.

You guys and your pro-style, gunslinging perception. You gotta get past this. Riley has done a few different things offensively in his time at Oregon St. He's a good football coach. He has a record of building systems and calling plays to the skillsets of his players. For the love of god already, get passed his last two years with a passing qb and poor record and do some research before gettin so carried away with the doom and gloom stuff on Riley. If Armstrong's actually the best qb, and turns out to be on our team, Riley and his offensive staff will be able devise a system that he can run, and run successfully. That's something that has not been happening. Not for Tommy this year, and not for Taylor Martinez most the time either.

But in the end, seeing Riley's ability to develop underestimated talent, I'm really excited for the possiblity of Johnny Stanton emerging.

• Fire 4

It is my personal belief Riley came Here solely for Stanton. He can see something in the kid that he knows is special. National title special. Listen, the man has all the money he needs in love. He's 62. He wants the title. Like any other ball coach. I think this is urban tebow situation . Armstrong's dunn. Likely transfer to Tulsa or else where IMO.