Bo has a new job

Steve Pedersen is still AD at Pitt. Now, they did just hire a new Pres. And now being on their 7th head coach (counting interims that have coached in games) in 5 years, the disgruntledness with Pedersen is an all time high. Or so I heard this morning on the radio. Something to think about.

why would they be mad at him for chryst leaving? doesn't that mean he hired a good coach, but just could not keep him? that happens to most programs.

Because he fired Wahnstead after winning 9 games a year for 3 years, and they've been garbage since. I think it was also said Chryst was the first coach to leave unforced in this string of 7 coaches in 5 years.

i did not know wannstedt was fired. but apparently he got a good one with chryst.

Because he fired Wahnstead after winning 9 games a year for 3 years, and they've been garbage since. I think it was also said Chryst was the first coach to leave unforced in this string of 7 coaches in 5 years.

Wannstedt only won 9 in two of his six seasons at Pitt......and he didn't win 9 in 2010, the season he "resigned".

Wannstedt only won 9 in two of his six seasons at Pitt......and he didn't win 9 in 2010, the season he "resigned".

I'm just going of what I heard on the radio this morning. Guess I better get back to researchin this second hand knowledge. It's startin to make me look dumb.

O/U on how much longer it will be until Bo releases a farewell statement thanking the University of Nebraska and its fans for his seven years here, as well as Tom Osborne, Harvey Perlman, Shawn Eichorst, et. al. for the opportunity?

It's going to happen, right?

I'm pretty sure that was recorded in 2011 after the Ohio State game.

• Fire 2

Well before Chryst, he hired Todd Graham who is clearly a good coach, and he wasn't forced out. Unfortunately, Graham has a history of being a bit of a rolling stone, and that bit Pedey in the ass.