GT: Nebraska at Hawaii - 12AM - ESPNU

Lost to an interim head coach calls weren't good refs looked confused but we didn't play above that and at the end of the day expect an NIT team at the end of the season

unless we see some dramatic changes we won't even make the NIT. This team is lost and have zero toughness. Could be a long season.

I hate to say it but this team might be having too much fun right now. I know it sound weird, but the lack of discipline and bonehead mistakes is getting way out of hand. Kye Kurkowski spotting them a couple points for dunking the ball in warmups (which everyone knows you can't do from the time you start playing basketball) just further proves that point. Those points could have easily made a difference in this game. It's becoming more and more frustrating to watch. There's no doubt that the potential is there, but right now they just aren't showing it

I hate to say it but this team might be having too much fun right now. I know it sound weird, but the lack of discipline and bonehead mistakes is getting way out of hand. Kye Kurkowski spotting them a couple points for dunking the ball in warmups (which everyone knows you can't do from the time you start playing basketball) just further proves that point. Those points could have easily made a difference in this game. It's becoming more and more frustrating to watch. There's no doubt that the potential is there, but right now they just aren't showing it

Those two points don't even com close to accounting for the turnovers, lack of an inside presence and the sketchy D in this game.

Could i be...here me out...

1. NU was not that good last year and hit a hot stretch

We also caught a pretty nice scheduling break. Of the seven conference teams we had to play twice, five of them were the bottom five teams in the league. We caught Michigan State on a night they shot terrible and rode the hot streak to a home win against Wisconsin.

Not trying to take credit away from the guys last year but we did have some good fortune to help us out.

Could i be...here me out...

1. NU was not that good last year and hit a hot stretch

We also caught a pretty nice scheduling break. Of the seven conference teams we had to play twice, five of them were the bottom five teams in the league. We caught Michigan State on a night they shot terrible and rode the hot streak to a home win against Wisconsin.

Not trying to take credit away from the guys last year but we did have some good fortune to help us out.

Good point!

That game vs Wisconsin basically got them in the dance and like you said they really caught a nice break with the teams they played twice.

Those two points don't even com close to accounting for the turnovers, lack of an inside presence and the sketchy D in this game.

What I'm getting at is that I really don't think these turnovers come from a lack of talent, because the talent is there. I truly believe there is a lack of focus right now and it's bothering. Our supposed team leader getting a technical foul to pick up a 3rd foul early in the first half is another example. That's just inexcusable. The lack of an inside presence is troubling though, I'll agree to that. Hopefully some of it gets cleared up with the return of Abraham and Smith. As far as defense goes, once again, I think it's a lack of focus. This is basically the same team out there as last year that played some great defense. Some of these guys need to learn how to deal with their ego and get back to Husker basketball, diving on the court for loose balls and outworking every opponent on our schedule.

Hawaii was in a 1 2 1 1 press the entire night and we tried to break it with only two players. Two players trying to beat three players is not a way to break a press. NU did everything you dont want to do against a press: dribble too much and dribble down the sideline. Get someone flashing to the middle of the floor and dont hold the ball for long. Get the defenders moving and never dribble down the sideline bc in a 1 2 1 1 press, they are looking to trap.

This is elementary type stuff and Hawaii killed them the whole night with that press.

• Fire 1

Hawaii was in a 1 2 1 1 press the entire night and we tried to break it with only two players. Two players trying to beat three players is not a way to break a press. NU did everything you dont want to do against a press: dribble too much and dribble down the sideline. Get someone flashing to the middle of the floor and dont hold the ball for long. Get the defenders moving and never dribble down the sideline bc in a 1 2 1 1 press, they are looking to trap.

This is elementary type stuff and Hawaii killed us the whole night with that press.

I noticed this too, the few times we would actually get the ball to the middle someone would just hold it until they got mobbed and turned it over. When the ball gets to the middle there needs to be streakers down the sideline to get open. Normally when teams press, it can lead to easy lay ups and wide open shots but that doesn't seem to be the case with this team.