Good bye Bell

T_O_Bull

Why was it too much? The guy loved his coach and Bo will be the only coach that he will have to play for. As much as we hate Bo, I don't think some of you guys realize how much he meant to these kids. They came in as Freshman not really knowing about much, and not only was he their football coach, but also someone who they looked up to. He was a second father for some of these kids.

because hes had 4 god damn weeks to get this sh#t out of his system and go out as a proud HUSKER. Not a damn Boliever. Perfectly depicts all the problems with the program inside and out over the past 7 years. Us vs world. At least under Riley us fans will be back on the US side.
Because you make "the world" seem so wonderful..You have also had 4 weeks to get this sh#t out of your system!
and i did until i sat down to eatch the game last night to see Kenny celebrating a Husker td by rubbing bo frickin pelini back in my face.

Im not fiscussin this any further. I know my opinion is pretty brash. And i understand why. I understand why its been met with some considerable opposition and im fine with that. Opinions are opinions for a reason. I have been severly unimpressed with a lit of Kennys behavior off the field for a while now. My opinion. I wont miss him. It is what it is.

But dude...you had 4 f***ing weeks to get Bo out of your system.

Whenever someone replies with 'it's my opinion so just leave it alone', it usually means they realize they're being unreasonable and don't feel like answering for it.

• Fire 4

I'll miss KB.

His down field blocks as well as some of his flying catches brought back memories of my cousin back in the day...And I actually enjoyed his tweets..It's sometimes a little refreshing to get something other than coachspeak or the same tired cliches...I almost bumped in to him last June while I was showing my son around the stadium at the last minute before the long roadtrip back to Phoenix...Wish I would've said something other than just nodding and asking my son if he knew who that was.

Good luck, Kenny!

I hope to see you on Sundays

I have read most of the comments. I think under another coach, everyone would be singing his praise. He did some bone head things, but kids do that. Dealt with kids/young men his age for many years. Most of them make mistakes. All of us do.

I hated the blue shirt under his jersey, trivial to most, but it screamed I am special, above the team.

But overall he is a great kid that tried to help, anyone and everyone.

I am taking my dislike for Bo out of the equation, Kenny loved him, there were reasons that none of us know, does not make him a bad kid.

He played every down full out for Nebraska. Playing while hurt, and most likely not the best offense for his talents. Never quit, loves Nebraska.

That is good enough for me. Good luck Kenny

That's an interesting take on the blue jersey that I hadn't considered. I always thought of it as a 'I remember how hard I worked on scout team to get a shot at playing time so I wear this as a reminder of what it takes to get on the field'. I know a few people who have done similar things (while not as visible naturally). One of my close friends kept the apron of the pizza place he worked at during college and used it as fuel that he never wanted to go back there when things got tough in law school.

• Fire 1

I think it is the Marine in me on the shirt. Not part of the uniform. Does not belong. 26 years of brain washing some would say. Starting with such a small thing, it has most likely shrank.

He followed his leader, showed loyalty, never quit, and voiced undying love for his team, his leader and his university/corps. Pretty much what the Marine Corps asks of young men his age.

I only wish he had a better leader, but understand his devotion to his coach.

KB was always a competitor between the white lines and I loved watching his big catches. I remember not too long ago our WR corp being a weak link and KB was part of a crew that has taken our WR corp to the next level. Our WR's are much improved and I think we'll continue to recruit well in this position. He did great here at NU and looking forward to seeing what the future holds for him. GBR!

but lowering himself to Pelini's level to take a shot at Eichorst (assuming that was an FO to him) doesn't impress me.

That's how you really read that?...There is a Shakespeare quote that says "All is yellow to the jaundiced eye." Here's what that means:

People who think the worst expect the worst and see it the worst in everybody else, because that is how they are wired.

With Pelini's juvenile name calling rant on Eichorst, his bunker mentality with the players, Mary Pat's FU SP gloves the first time around, and some of Bell's tweets, I put 2 and 2 together and got 5. My mistake.

Holy crap, I didn't realize there was so much dislike for a player like KB.

Screw all the small little meaningless and insignificant reasons you don't like how he wore his blue jersey under his jersey. I don't wear red the week of football games until the day of the game. Hate me all you want, but that's a superstitious (and yes, stupid) thing I do. And I'm just a fan, he actually plays the games. If that is something that he believes makes him play better through the games, why dislike that? I certainly hope that people don't dislike me for having pictures of my family on my desk.

I'll never understand what some people will reach for to be negative...

Also, F.O.E. (Family Over Everything), he has had that on his tape for years...

2014 Spring Game:

Kenny-Bell.jpg

2013:

Kenny-Bell.jpg

2012:

kenny-bell-nebraska-favorite-play-1.jpg

2011:

Kenny+Bell+Washington+v+Nebraska+KTSr0m6

Holy crap, I didn't realize there was so much dislike for a player like KB.

Screw all the small little meaningless and insignificant reasons you don't like how he wore his blue jersey under his jersey. I don't wear red the week of football games until the day of the game. Hate me all you want, but that's a superstitious (and yes, stupid) thing I do. And I'm just a fan, he actually plays the games. If that is something that he believes makes him play better through the games, why dislike that? I certainly hope that people don't dislike me for having pictures of my family on my desk.

I'll never understand what some people will reach for to be negative...

Also, F.O.E. (Family Over Everything), he has had that on his tape for years...

2014 Spring Game:

Kenny-Bell.jpg

2013:

Kenny-Bell.jpg

2012:

kenny-bell-nebraska-favorite-play-1.jpg

2011:

Kenny+Bell+Washington+v+Nebraska+KTSr0m6

I remember wondering if he was a member of the Fraternal Order of Eagles