Danny Langsdorf New Offensive Coordinator

Mavric

I always hated the sideline gazing.

Same here, and speeding up the tempo on the field means absolutely squat if a QB can't be a true QB.

I'll await the answer to my Tim Beck trivia question (with a linkie, if you who finds it doesn't mind).

I've been looking for it non stop, but I can't seem to find anything about what position the guy played.

In fact, look up the playing career for these guys:

Tim Beck. Good luck.

John Papuchis. Let me help you. The guy NEVER PLAYED COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

The two most polarizing coaches below the head coach.

Now, neither George O'Leary (who lied about it to the Domers and got caught), nor Mike Leach played any college football. O'Leary coached two high schools (with an 82% winning percentage), then became the line coach at Syracuse. Leach - well, read the book. Dude coached in some absolute pits while taking care of a family AND getting a law degree.

Those guys have PROVEN results of coaching. In my opinion, they've paid their dues.

That comment of, "Guys will be experienced in the position they're coaching" from Coach Riley means something to those who weren't paying attention......

This article says Tim Beck was a QB in college: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205133632

But this list says he never lettered: http://www.ucfknights.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/letterwinners.html

Here it says he was a former QB, WR and Punter...was on the team in 84 and 85 and then graduated in 88: http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/threads/kansas-wr-coach-tim-beck.36110/

Same here, and speeding up the tempo on the field means absolutely squat if a QB can't be a true QB.

I'll await the answer to my Tim Beck trivia question (with a linkie, if you who finds it doesn't mind).

I've been looking for it non stop, but I can't seem to find anything about what position the guy played.

KU wide receivers coach Tim Beck played collegiately at Central Florida as a quarterback, wide receiver and punter, from 1984-85...

http://www.wibw.com/sports/headlines/9936487.html

The reason for the departure of the 42-year-old Langsdorf is unclear, especially since he's returning to essentially the same job he left a year ago, just at a different place.

My guess is he doesnt like working for that meany Tom Coughlin. We will likely pay him more than what he is making now and it will be a lower stress environment than NY. Easy decision. I just hope he isnt here to collect a pay check.

I don't take a guy who donates a kidney as someone who goes somewhere to just collect a paycheck. I have a feeling he sees more in life than most of us ever will and most likely loves working with kids and making them the best players and people they can be.

• Fire 2

Here's my take on this (and also on Coach Riley):

Since when does a QB have to do this every play:

Offense_Looks_To_Sideline.jpg

Isn't that common for college football though? They're simply getting the play call from the sideline. The only other options I can think of would be running a guy in with the play or getting the play through a headset in the QB's helmet, which I don't know if many/any CFB teams do but I know NFL teams do.

If Langsdorf could handle the New York media, he should be able to hold his own against the Omaha World-Herald.

got to disagree here, chief. i knew of a guy who coached at lsu, ou, and neb. said, by far, neb. was the most vicious. cost him some pretty big games, even.
No, you have no idea. I live in NY and the media here is 10 times worse than NEB. We aren't talking college markets, NY is a city with 9 professional teams in the market and an army of press unmatched in their ferocity.
  • Fire 1

If Langsdorf could handle the New York media, he should be able to hold his own against the Omaha World-Herald.

got to disagree here, chief. i knew of a guy who coached at lsu, ou, and neb. said, by far, neb. was the most vicious. cost him some pretty big games, even.
No, you have no idea. I live in NY and the media here is 10 times worse than NEB. We aren't talking college markets, NY is a city with 9 professional teams in the market and an army of press unmatched in their ferocity.

So you think a larger percentage of people in NY knew who he was as a QB coach for the giants than how many will know him as the OC in Nebraska? People on here have a better idea than you think and I am willing to bet that he had less pressure as the QB coach of the giants than he will as the OC here. Just a guess though.

edit: I also did a quick search of his name on the NY Times website, and it pulled 3 articles from 2014. I'm pretty sure he surpassed that his first hour here.

So you think a larger percentage of people in NY knew who he was as a QB coach for the giants than how many will know him as the OC in Nebraska? People on here have a better idea than you think and I am willing to bet that he had less pressure as the QB coach of the giants than he will as the OC here. Just a guess though.
OC is a higher profile job so you are comparing apples and oranges. My comment on the NYC media market vs NU still stands. Take a look at the sports headlines the NY Post puts out sometime, literally go out of their way to deliver an insult in the title.
  • Fire 1

How does a guy who hasn't proven himself at a coaching level make three quarters of a million dollars?!?

KU wide receivers coach Tim Beck played collegiately at Central Florida as a quarterback, wide receiver and punter, from 1984-85...

http://www.wibw.com/sports/headlines/9936487.html

The reason for the departure of the 42-year-old Langsdorf is unclear, especially since he's returning to essentially the same job he left a year ago, just at a different place.

My guess is he doesnt like working for that meany Tom Coughlin. We will likely pay him more than what he is making now and it will be a lower stress environment than NY. Easy decision. I just hope he isnt here to collect a pay check.

I don't take a guy who donates a kidney as someone who goes somewhere to just collect a paycheck. I have a feeling he sees more in life than most of us ever will and most likely loves working with kids and making them the best players and people they can be.

Better job security at Nebraska right now. Coughlin is one more playoff miss from being fired. OC at Nebraska is also a better spring board to a head coaching job than a QB coach in the NFL.