SEC my a$$

Were both Mississippi schools ranked #1 at some point this year as well? All of the teams that have lost the last couple of days spent most of their year in the top 10.

The real loser in the whole thing is TCU.

I think Auburn was voted #1 at one point as well.

Got all the way to #2. Mississippi schools were both #1 at one point this year, so was 'Bama. A&M was #6, LSU #8. Arkansas the only one that wasn't top ten at some point this year.

A National Championship with both teams above the Mason-Dixon Line.... I thought we couldn't play football up here :)

B1G!!!!

Unless you count 97 with neb and mich, 94 with neb and penn st, in which they didnt even play each other, im back to 1990, colorado and notre dame. Dont even know of thatcounts cuz cusplit with ga tech.

And thats on sheer encyclopedic memory

A National Championship with both teams above the Mason-Dixon Line.... I thought we couldn't play football up here :)

B1G!!!!

Unless you count 97 with neb and mich, 94 with neb and penn st, in which they didnt even play each other, im back to 1990, colorado and notre dame. Dont even know of thatcounts cuz cusplit with ga tech.

Impressive memorizer-ing, sir....

you-did-good-gif.gif

all i can say is thank god for the playoff!! the college football world has been restored and the real champions can be crowned.. i know an 8 team playoff would be better but still this has some redemption!!

For fun i checked out one of alabama's forums and they had a poll going about how they feel about a four team playoff in a thread!! some of them had enough common sense to like it but for obvious reasons many still don't like the idea! Gee, now we know why..

here's one post from an anonymous alabama fan posted yesterday, i think!!

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Loam viewpost-right.png
Its easy to support right now being Tide, Duck, Nole and Buckeye fans......

"Really? I don't like it one bit.

It should be FSU vs. Alabama, the two teams that had the best regular season. Not the team that lost to Arizona and has an unimpressive SoS, not the team that lost to Virginia Tech and had a horrible SoS..."

According to this guy and probably most of the sec homers.. this would of been this years championship game!! they couldn't have got it more wrong! What a joke..

• Fire 1

B1G!!!!

Impressive memorizer-ing, sir....

you-did-good-gif.gif

human encyclopedia (not wikipedia, cuz that sh#t aint always right) my man. Do i ever let you down?

Not Husker related, but no SEC in the championship game. Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss and Miss St lost. Auburn and Bama to B1G teams.....

The B1G did well today. Just wish NU could've gotten USC.

Mods feel free to move if needed.

You gotta love it. They won despite Urban. Thought he must have gone to the Bo Pelini School on Coaching. First half - first and goal from the one and they line up in shotgun? With a big QB. Sneak the damn thing 3 times if you have to. Then that last drive pass. What the hell was he thinking. We'll trick em. Was pulling my nose hairs out. GO SEC. Down the tubes. YES!

• Fire 1

That game was beautiful.

A comeback from the underdog tOSU, a team that was in the dumps 3 years ago, to beat the media's favorite program.

I can't stand tOSU, but I am so happy they won tonight.

OLnly thing that could have been better would have been if Brent Mushberger had been doing the game.

Were both Mississippi schools ranked #1 at some point this year as well? All of the teams that have lost the last couple of days spent most of their year in the top 10.

The real loser in the whole thing is TCU.

I think Auburn was voted #1 at one point as well.

Remember all that talk early on about possibly 3 SEC teams in the playoffs. Crash and burn Maverick. Crash and burn under the hard-deck. Sweet.

B1G!!!!

It's harder to set up a self-fulfilling prophesy of Southern dominance when the system can't pick two Southern schools largely based on the somewhat baseless mystique of their conferences. I mean, of COURSE the championship game was supposed to be FSU and Alabama-- two Southern conferences? a-doy! It should have been Alabama vs another SEC team, really!

I honestly am curious about how TCU would have done against any of the teams today. That drubbing they issued was pretty impressive.