SEC my a$$

Not Husker related, but no SEC in the championship game. Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss and Miss St lost. Auburn and Bama to B1G teams.....

The B1G did well today. Just wish NU could've gotten USC.

Mods feel free to move if needed.

You gotta love it. They won despite Urban. Thought he must have gone to the Bo Pelini School on Coaching. First half - first and goal from the one and they line up in shotgun? With a big QB. Sneak the damn thing 3 times if you have to. Then that last drive pass. What the hell was he thinking. We'll trick em. Was pulling my nose hairs out. GO SEC. Down the tubes. YES!

Ohio State has never run under center since Urban Meyer became coach. Switching to that at the goal line could be disastrous. (Since they never practice it)

That had less to do with Urban and more to do with Tom Herman, the new head guy at Houston. Buckeye fans can't wait for that guy to leave. They were going thermonuclear last night on that last drive when he threw the ball on first down.

Not Husker related, but no SEC in the championship game. Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss and Miss St lost. Auburn and Bama to B1G teams.....

The B1G did well today. Just wish NU could've gotten USC.

Mods feel free to move if needed.

You gotta love it. They won despite Urban. Thought he must have gone to the Bo Pelini School on Coaching. First half - first and goal from the one and they line up in shotgun? With a big QB. Sneak the damn thing 3 times if you have to. Then that last drive pass. What the hell was he thinking. We'll trick em. Was pulling my nose hairs out. GO SEC. Down the tubes. YES!

Ohio State has never run under center since Urban Meyer became coach. Switching to that at the goal line could be disastrous. (Since they never practice it)

That had less to do with Urban and more to do with Tom Herman, the new head guy at Houston. Buckeye fans can't wait for that guy to leave. They were going thermonuclear last night on that last drive when he threw the ball on first down.

Would have given the ball back to Bama with less than 30 seconds. That was a terrible call.

Notable B1G Ten Non-conference games next year: TCU, Oregon, Bama, Utah, Stanford, Miami, Va. Tech,

SEC: Louisville, Arizona St, Oklahoma

The B1G Ten will play the Pac 12 (Sparty), Big 12 (Minnesota), and SEC (Wisky) champion next year, which other conference can say that?

I'd throw in a Taysom Hill led BYU team in the 'notable' mix. If he is 100% healthy, BYU will be a tough out for a lot of folks.

• Fire 1

Playoff Rankings as of 12/7/14

1. SEC: Alabama - Lost, beaten by a lower-ranked team (4)
2. PAC-12: Oregon - Won, beat lower-ranked team (3)
3. ACC: Florida State - Lost, beaten by a higher-ranked team (3)
4. Big Ten: Ohio State - Won, beat higher-ranked team (1)
5. BIG XII: Baylor - Lost, beaten by a lower-ranked team (8)
6. BIG XII: TCU - Won, beat lower-ranked team (9)
7. SEC: Mississippi State - Lost, beaten by a lower-ranked team (12)
8. Big Ten: Michigan State - Won, beat higher-ranked team (5)
9. SEC: Ole Miss - Lost, beaten by a higher-ranked team (6)
10. PAC-12: Arizona - Lost, beaten by a lower-ranked team (20)
11. BIG XII: Kansas State - Hasn't played yet
12. ACC: Georgia Tech - Won, beat higher-ranked team (7)
13. SEC: Georgia - Won, beat lower-ranked team (21)
14. PAC-12: UCLA - Hasn't played yet
15. PAC-12: Arizona State - Won, beat lower-ranked team (unranked)
16. SEC: Missouri - Won, beat lower-ranked team (25)
17. ACC: Clemson - Won, beat lower-ranked team (unranked)
18. Big Ten: Wisconsin - Won, beat lower-ranked team (19)
19. SEC: Auburn - Lost, beaten by a higher-ranked team (18)
20. MWC: Boise State - Won, beat higher-ranked team (10)
21. ACC: Louisville - Lost, beaten by a higher-ranked team (13)
22. PAC-12: Utah - Won, beat lower-ranked team (unranked)
23. SEC: LSU - Lost, beaten by a lower-ranked team (unranked)
24. PAC-12: Southern California - Won, beat lower-ranked team (unranked)
25. Big Ten: Minnesota - Lost, beaten by a higher-ranked team (16)

To break that mess down:

The SEC had seven teams ranked in the final playoff committee poll. They went 2-5, with three of those losses against lower-ranked opponents. Both wins came against lower-ranked opponents. Only one SEC team (Ole Miss) played a higher-ranked team (TCU) and they were demolished 42-3. The SEC played two of their seven bowl games against higher-ranked opponents.

The ACC had four teams in the final ranking. They went 2-2, with both losses coming against higher-ranked opponents. One win was against a higher-ranked opponent. The ACC played three of their four bowl games against higher-ranked opponents.

The Big Ten had four teams in the final ranking. They went 3-1, with the one loss coming against a higher-ranked opponent. Two wins were against higher-ranked opponents. The Big Ten played three of their four bowl games against higher-ranked opponents.

The Big XII had three teams in the final ranking. So far they're 1-1, with KSU left to play. Their one loss came against a lower-ranked opponent, while their one win came against a lower-ranked opponent. None of the Big XII's three bowl games were or will be played against a higher-ranked opponent.

The PAC-12 had six teams in the final rankings. So far they're 4-1, with UCLA left to play. Their one loss came against a lower-ranked opponent, while their three wins all came against lower-ranked opponents. The PAC-12 played or will play one higher-ranked opponent in their six bowl games.

• Fire 6

Maybe try for a 6 team playoff. Now that would be fun to watch.

No way 6!!! Idiotic idea!!! 6 does not make a bracket, it has to go to 8. Why would you want to have two bye's. You have been watching Dumb and Dumber way too often.

NFL takes a bye. Not sure why college couldn't.

Not sure, but I think they said SEC type of player. Big, strong and fast. Stating that Zeke was as fast as any running back in the SEC.

oh.

Well, that just as-if not more-absurd.

Its not that southern players are they only good players. Only playets like southern players are good football players.

Maybe Bama should start recruiting Ohio State type players.

:lol:

Maybe Nebraska should.

I mean, that's the ultimate goal here, right? That Nebraska wins these games?

Well in response to the comical "Ohio st went and got a bunch of SEC players" reasoning heard tonight on espn, i got curios and dug up ohio sts roster. This is what i came up with

54 of the 105 from Ohio. 52%

3 of the 105 from Texas. 3%

5 of the 105 from Florida. 5%

Of remaining 43, only 10 are from southern states, including kentucky, California, georgia, south carolina, and missouri.

Only 8 players in the two-deep from southern states counting Missouri, North carolina, and virginia. (Of 44-47ish spots)

Numbers may be off by a man or two but generally debunks the whole "they got SEC players" bullsh#t. And just by general looking, there seemed to be more frickin players from Massachussets in the two deep than southern guys. Abd i was being generous by treatin Cali, missouri and virginia as "southern"

54 kids of that caliber from their own state, wow. Happen to know how many of those are on the two deep?

Perception vs reality

In September, many members of the media, led by ESPN, declared the Big Ten dead. Those same individuals boasted that the SEC West the greatest division in the history of CFB. The problem was, that entire argument was based on the flaw of pre-season rankings and biased perception. It was given “validation” due to A&M’s blowout victory over South Carolina, and was used to boost both Mississippi schools, and Alabama into the top tiers of the rankings.

Under the old BCS system, we would have had an Alabama vs Florida State matchup. Why? Because of the perception of SEC strength, based mostly on circular logic. Yes they won 7 straight, but they also got the benefit of the doubt to even play in the title game over comparable teams. Yesterday’s 2 games show how flawed this system was, and there’s little doubt that with a 4 team playoff, the 7 MNC streak would have never happened. No more title game layups, and no more automatic entry.

It was a huge day for the conference, and CFB in general. The SEC was exposed, even with the “SEC fatigue” excuses. Plus, the B1G was validated as extremely underrated. Part of it is due to increased play by the B1G teams, and part is simply due to more balanced match ups. The SEC stranglehold is over, and I think you’ll see a more balanced playing field in the future.

I don't know if the B1G was underrated or that it just improved by a damn sight throughout the season. That week in mid September was still bad.

But Ohio st got right and taught their young QB's the scheme.

Sparty stayed the course

Wisconsin fed Melvin. (God how good would they be with a QB?)

Not sure, but I think they said SEC type of player. Big, strong and fast. Stating that Zeke was as fast as any running back in the SEC.

oh.

Well, that just as-if not more-absurd.

Its not that southern players are they only good players. Only playets like southern players are good football players.

Maybe Bama should start recruiting Ohio State type players.

:lol:

Maybe Nebraska should.

I mean, that's the ultimate goal here, right? That Nebraska wins these games?

I think we do. Glancing at the roster I see half a dozen NU players from Ohio. Not sure how many of those tOSU recruited though.

btw, My comment above was in regards to the post-game statement (excuse) by Bama fans that tOSU has a lot of SEC type players on its roster. While its probly a true statement, it came off as sounding more like an excuse.

Perception vs reality

In September, many members of the media, led by ESPN, declared the Big Ten dead. Those same individuals boasted that the SEC West the greatest division in the history of CFB. The problem was, that entire argument was based on the flaw of pre-season rankings and biased perception. It was given “validation” due to A&M’s blowout victory over South Carolina, and was used to boost both Mississippi schools, and Alabama into the top tiers of the rankings.

Under the old BCS system, we would have had an Alabama vs Florida State matchup. Why? Because of the perception of SEC strength, based mostly on circular logic. Yes they won 7 straight, but they also got the benefit of the doubt to even play in the title game over comparable teams. Yesterday’s 2 games show how flawed this system was, and there’s little doubt that with a 4 team playoff, the 7 MNC streak would have never happened. No more title game layups, and no more automatic entry.

It was a huge day for the conference, and CFB in general. The SEC was exposed, even with the “SEC fatigue” excuses. Plus, the B1G was validated as extremely underrated. Part of it is due to increased play by the B1G teams, and part is simply due to more balanced match ups. The SEC stranglehold is over, and I think you’ll see a more balanced playing field in the future.

I don't know if the B1G was underrated or that it just improved by a damn sight throughout the season. That week in mid September was still bad.

Sparty stayed the course

Look at the picks for the bowls. We were underrated.

Perception vs reality

Sparty stayed the course

Look at the picks for the bowls. We were underrated.

No, we weren't.

MSU, Ohio St and Wisconsin were, maybe. All three improved tremendously throughout the year. And maybe the writers got a little lazy.

No way 6!!! Idiotic idea!!! 6 does not make a bracket, it has to go to 8. Why would you want to have two bye's. You have been watching Dumb and Dumber way too often.

T_O_B

That's a bit of an overreaction. 6 would be pretty interesting, you can give the top 2 teams a bye as a reward and they would play the winners of the first round. plus you wouldn't have to add in 2 more weeks, you would just need one more week. I feel like 8 is too big, it takes away the necessity for teams to be a league champion or have a great season.

T_O_B

That's a bit of an overreaction. 6 would be pretty interesting, you can give the top 2 teams a bye as a reward and they would play the winners of the first round. plus you wouldn't have to add in 2 more weeks, you would just need one more week. I feel like 8 is too big, it takes away the necessity for teams to be a league champion or have a great season.

How would it add another extra week that 6 doesn't? Or are you suggesting that they'd split up the first round into two weeks?