SEC my a$$

Not Husker related, but no SEC in the championship game. Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss and Miss St lost. Auburn and Bama to B1G teams.....

The B1G did well today. Just wish NU could've gotten USC.

Mods feel free to move if needed.

You gotta love it. They won despite Urban. Thought he must have gone to the Bo Pelini School on Coaching. First half - first and goal from the one and they line up in shotgun? With a big QB. Sneak the damn thing 3 times if you have to. Then that last drive pass. What the hell was he thinking. We'll trick em. Was pulling my nose hairs out. GO SEC. Down the tubes. YES!

Ohio State has never run under center since Urban Meyer became coach. Switching to that at the goal line could be disastrous. (Since they never practice it)

That had less to do with Urban and more to do with Tom Herman, the new head guy at Houston. Buckeye fans can't wait for that guy to leave. They were going thermonuclear last night on that last drive when he threw the ball on first down.

Um, I'm a Buckeye fan. While at times we thought he was out MENSA'ing himself, he's still a good coordinator, and I don't think many people wanted him gone.

Not Husker related, but no SEC in the championship game. Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss and Miss St lost. Auburn and Bama to B1G teams.....

You gotta love it. They won despite Urban. Thought he must have gone to the Bo Pelini School on Coaching. First half - first and goal from the one and they line up in shotgun? With a big QB. Sneak the damn thing 3 times if you have to. Then that last drive pass. What the hell was he thinking. We'll trick em. Was pulling my nose hairs out. GO SEC. Down the tubes. YES!

Ohio State has never run under center since Urban Meyer became coach. Switching to that at the goal line could be disastrous. (Since they never practice it)

That had less to do with Urban and more to do with Tom Herman, the new head guy at Houston. Buckeye fans can't wait for that guy to leave. They were going thermonuclear last night on that last drive when he threw the ball on first down.

Um, I'm a Buckeye fan. While at times we thought he was out MENSA'ing himself, he's still a good coordinator, and I don't think many people wanted him gone.

I didn't know you were a Buckeye fan. Learn something new everyday.

• Fire 1

Great to see what happened last night in all areas. Makes me wonder now what other years in the past might have ended up if they had this playoff scenario? Those years that teams like us and OU who got in despite not winning conference champ games.

Someone earlier nailed it however. The SEC will have at least 3 if not 4 teams in the Top 10 at the start next year. This is where I don't care who votes on this, its never going to be right until all preseason rankings are completely discontinued. The funny thing is this playoff [panel of voters basically kept things the same, but maybe just switched a few teams around from what AP and Coaches polls all had. If this is going to work, rankings should reflect what teams are doing in October and November, since that is what and how Ohio St got in.

ESPN funnels this SEC crap. If I was the Big 10, Big 12, ACC and Pac 12 I would look at signing tv deals with NBC sports or CBS sports. CBS could actually do what they have done with the NCAA Basketball and farm out games to TNT, TBS and TRU tv along with networks and CBS sports tv channel and do really well. The issue is all conferences are so worried about making money, they have basically sold their souls for what ABC/ESPN/Disney can do in tv revenue.

Getting the best recruits possible by talking up your conference is hardly stealing. It's not a matter of pride, it's a matter of what it takes to sell the kid. I have no problem saying "Hey you can play in a league that beat Alabama in the playoffs."

that is why there is the "sec mystique." all season the sec is overrated, until they are beat. then it is, "look how good we are! we beat that overrated conference."

• Fire 1

ESPN states that Ohio State is one and ten against the great SEC in bowl games. Find anything to prop up the SEC.

By stating facts?

Teams have caught up to the SEC. They dominated college football for some time, but the last two seasons have shown that the rest of the country has caught up. The PAC-12 was the best conference top to bottom this season, and the ACC has held their own in some big games this year. The Big 10 has a bright future with the hire of Harbaugh and the existing coaching staffs at MSU, OSU, and Penn State. The Big 10 West will be a helluva division in two or three seasons.

Getting the best recruits possible by talking up your conference is hardly stealing. It's not a matter of pride, it's a matter of what it takes to sell the kid. I have no problem saying "Hey you can play in a league that beat Alabama in the playoffs."

that is why there is the "sec mystique." all season the sec is overrated, until they are beat. then it is, "look how good we are! we beat that overrated conference."

We say the Big ten is under rated. We say the SEC is over rated. Big Ten beats the SEC on the field and we shouldnt celebrate it?

Name me one game that the SEC was labeled the underdog against a Big Ten team this year.

Here is an idea what about doing the first rounds to kick off the bowl season. So on Dec. 20th would be the first round games would be the #6 vs #3 and #5 vs #4. Then on Jan 1st have the semi-final games with the winner of the first rounders with the #1 and #2 seeds. Then have the Championship game on Jan 12th. Just a thought. :dunno

Been saying this for years.

I'm all for a 8 team playoff. Buuuuut this is a ten year deal at 4. Buuuuuuuut as soon espn figures out 8 would make more money then 4, they will push for it. I'm thinking in 4 years we will see a 8 team playoff.

I'm all for a 8 team playoff. Buuuuut this is a ten year deal at 4. Buuuuuuuut as soon espn figures out 8 would make more money then 4, they will push for it. I'm thinking in 4 years we will see a 8 team playoff.

If all parties agree to void the deal, the deal is voided and they can create a new one.

Those TV ratings from yesterday's games, and most likely the championship game, will make that change far more likely.

There's no going back from a playoff. And the money involved will only force it to grow, and grow sooner.

Maybe try for a 6 team playoff. Now that would be fun to watch.

No way 6!!! Idiotic idea!!! 6 does not make a bracket, it has to go to 8. Why would you want to have two bye's. You have been watching Dumb and Dumber way too often.

T_O_B

I'm still on the 6 team playoff train. It's not a bad idea to allow the top two teams an extra week off. It gets all 5 power five champs in and the best other team out there.

With that said, I'm leaning towards 8 each day, just for competitions sake.

The problem is it's not an extra week because of the schedule. The #3-#6 seeds would probably get two weeks between games then two weeks before the semi-finals. The #1 and #2 seeds would still have an entire month off. That's pretty unbalanced.

I think we go with 8 teams, but use the same schedule, no reason to have the bye for anyone.

just afraid of getting 3 sec teams in an 8 team playoff on the regular (if they deserve it fine)

SEC lost there babysitter this year(espn). If there wasn't playoff this year, we would have watched florida st vs bama.

And Bama would have crushed an undefeated FSU, which would have proven once-and-for-all that a one loss SEC team is better than an undefeated team from any other conference. It would have been maddening.

What ensued was disastrous. They go from 1st and goal from the 1 to 2nd and goal from the 10. I assume you are implying that they might fumble the snap? I'll take my chances under center.