SEC my a$$

Maybe try for a 6 team playoff. Now that would be fun to watch.

No way 6!!! Idiotic idea!!! 6 does not make a bracket, it has to go to 8. Why would you want to have two bye's. You have been watching Dumb and Dumber way too often.

T_O_B

I'm still on the 6 team playoff train. It's not a bad idea to allow the top two teams an extra week off. It gets all 5 power five champs in and the best other team out there.

With that said, I'm leaning towards 8 each day, just for competitions sake.

I think we should not give too much emphasis on which are the top 2 teams. As has been stated the old systems top 2 teams would have been playing each other and that would have been Alabama v. Florida St. Hope that makes sense as I know someone will try to point out F St. wasn't ranked 2nd. They still would have gotten the invite by virtue of being undefeated and defending champs.

ESPN states that Ohio State is one and ten against the great SEC in bowl games. Find anything to prop up the SEC.

By stating facts?

Teams have caught up to the SEC. They dominated college football for some time, but the last two seasons have shown that the rest of the country has caught up. The PAC-12 was the best conference top to bottom this season, and the ACC has held their own in some big games this year. The Big 10 has a bright future with the hire of Harbaugh and the existing coaching staffs at MSU, OSU, and Penn State. The Big 10 West will be a helluva division in two or three seasons.

Then why not say the SEC is 10 and 2 against Ohio State in bowl game (well now 10 and 3)?

Not Husker related, but no SEC in the championship game. Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss and Miss St lost. Auburn and Bama to B1G teams.....

The B1G did well today. Just wish NU could've gotten USC.

Mods feel free to move if needed.

You gotta love it. They won despite Urban. Thought he must have gone to the Bo Pelini School on Coaching. First half - first and goal from the one and they line up in shotgun? With a big QB. Sneak the damn thing 3 times if you have to. Then that last drive pass. What the hell was he thinking. We'll trick em. Was pulling my nose hairs out. GO SEC. Down the tubes. YES!

Ohio State has never run under center since Urban Meyer became coach. Switching to that at the goal line could be disastrous. (Since they never practice it)

What ensued was disastrous. They go from 1st and goal from the 1 to 2nd and goal from the 10. I assume you are implying that they might fumble the snap? I'll take my chances under center.

Correct. And personally, I'd rather take only a safety than give the other team a chance to get a TD from fumbling the snap.

Kentucky says "we" when referring to the SEC, so does Bama.

I agree with Polo, one reason people hate the SEC is bc of their stupid chant. If each team would just chant for themselves, there wouldnt nearly be this much hatred for them.

OSU won last night. Not Nebraska, not Michigan, not anyone else from the B1G. Yeah, it makes the B1G look better for all those teams, but if OSU wins you wont see me saying "we" won the NC just bc Nebraska is in the B1G. Thats what SEC fans from other schools do when an SEC team wins the natty.

Alabama, LSU, Florida, auburn...etc chant SEC just as much as Kentucky, vandy...etc.

A big part of why the SEC became so powerful is that they worked together for the common good to build the conference. Don't get me wrong, Alabama, LSU, Auburn and ol' Miss all hate each other. But, they fully understand that when each other win non conference games, it benefits everyone.

That's how they all have become so creative in their scheduling.

Not Husker related, but no SEC in the championship game. Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss and Miss St lost. Auburn and Bama to B1G teams.....

The B1G did well today. Just wish NU could've gotten USC.

Mods feel free to move if needed.

You gotta love it. They won despite Urban. Thought he must have gone to the Bo Pelini School on Coaching. First half - first and goal from the one and they line up in shotgun? With a big QB. Sneak the damn thing 3 times if you have to. Then that last drive pass. What the hell was he thinking. We'll trick em. Was pulling my nose hairs out. GO SEC. Down the tubes. YES!

Ohio State has never run under center since Urban Meyer became coach. Switching to that at the goal line could be disastrous. (Since they never practice it)

What ensued was disastrous. They go from 1st and goal from the 1 to 2nd and goal from the 10. I assume you are implying that they might fumble the snap? I'll take my chances under center.

Correct. And personally, I'd rather take only a safety than give the other team a chance to get a TD from fumbling the snap.

I think you are confused. They were first and goal from the 1 yard line. Unless they would get sacked for a 99 yard loss, a safety wasn't a concern. When you're first and goal on the 1 you don't line up in a shotgun especially with an empty backfield. Did you see this play? If so didn't you cringe when you saw this formation?

anybody else watching the SEC network and laughing? i think this has the beginnings of an excellent drinking game. i might have to record finebaum so i can play when i finish making up the rules. drink every time you laugh, every time they make an excuse, etc.

Here's the clip of Finebaum on ESPN. He makes no excuses. He eats all manner of crow, and recommends that the SEC chest thumpers do the same because the vaunted SEC West was beaten decisively on the field. He mentions that Alabama was beaten by a third string quarterback. He says Saban was out-coached by Meyer. He reported that Bama fans didn't want Lane Kiffin allowed on the bus. Both Finebaum and ESPN clearly acknowledge that the Big 10 was undervalued this season, and suggest this may even be a tipping point for the supposed SEC dominance. It was a bad day for the SEC and a good day for the rest of college football, says Finebaum and ESPN, noting that everybody outside the south was rooting for Ohio State and Oregon. Finebaum is keenly aware of SEC arrogance and ESPN had no trouble reporting the conference-wide humiliation. The word shaudenfreude was used.

What changed? The games were played and the evidence was on the field.

It was good football and great drama and ESPN wins regardless.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/

• Fire 2

anybody else watching the SEC network and laughing? i think this has the beginnings of an excellent drinking game. i might have to record finebaum so i can play when i finish making up the rules. drink every time you laugh, every time they make an excuse, etc.

Here's the clip of Finebaum on ESPN. He makes no excuses. He eats all manner of crow, and recommends that the SEC chest thumpers do the same because the vaunted SEC West was beaten decisively on the field. He mentions that Alabama was beaten by a third string quarterback. He says Saban was out-coached by Meyer. He reported that Bama fans didn't want Lane Kiffin allowed on the bus. Both Finebaum and ESPN clearly acknowledge that the Big 10 was undervalued this season, and suggest this may even be a tipping point for the supposed SEC dominance. It was a bad day for the SEC and a good day for the rest of college football, says Finebaum and ESPN, noting that everybody outside the south was rooting for Ohio State and Oregon. Finebaum is keenly aware of SEC arrogance and ESPN had no trouble reporting the conference-wide humiliation. The word shaudenfreude was used.

What changed? The games were played and the evidence was on the field.

It was good football and great drama and ESPN wins regardless

http://espn.go.com/college-football/

Thanks for posting. Good comments.

I wish people would quit saying "I wondering if the SEC would have been in past championship games if we'd had a playoff then."

You're just implying the obvious. Even if you're the best team in the country, you might only have, say, a 75% chance of beating the #4 team. Then you have to turn around and beat the #2 or #3 team. I don't care what team it is or where it's from and it doesnt matter if they're the best team, if they have to go through a semifinal then the chances of winning the championship are lower.

The same that is being said about past championship games with SEC teams can be said for every NC Nebraska has been involved in.

Kentucky says "we" when referring to the SEC, so does Bama.

I agree with Polo, one reason people hate the SEC is bc of their stupid chant. If each team would just chant for themselves, there wouldnt nearly be this much hatred for them.

OSU won last night. Not Nebraska, not Michigan, not anyone else from the B1G. Yeah, it makes the B1G look better for all those teams, but if OSU wins you wont see me saying "we" won the NC just bc Nebraska is in the B1G. Thats what SEC fans from other schools do when an SEC team wins the natty.

Alabama, LSU, Florida, auburn...etc chant SEC just as much as Kentucky, vandy...etc.

A big part of why the SEC became so powerful is that they worked together for the common good to build the conference. Don't get me wrong, Alabama, LSU, Auburn and ol' Miss all hate each other. But, they fully understand that when each other win non conference games, it benefits everyone.

That's how they all have become so creative in their scheduling.

Creative.... As long as no FCS teams I'll be fine.

Hey. Do you guys realize that the real winner in all this SEC versus the world hype is the media?

By discussing it and arguing about it and by posting about it we only validate the existence of the ESPNs of the world.

They don't care who is the best in the sport, but they are interested in getting clicks, views, jobs, and ultimately money.

We think that the Big Ten taught the SEC a lesson this year. We think the bloggers and the talking heads are stumped. They are rubbing their hands together. They have created a culture of rivalry and we have bought into it.

They won.

We will be ever the more glued to our TVs, and websites, and discussion boards to see the latest controversy. We will listen to the radio hosts belittle our division, and we will rejoice when they are proven wrong. All the while we are just feeding their machine and they will continue to feed our fantasies.

At least it creates some jobs for somebody along the way.

Go capitalism.