Reggie Davis New Husker RB Coach

Mavric

Some go-getter out there needs to figure up the combined years of coaching major football (D-1 / NFL) from this staff compared to the last coaching staff.... The difference has to be staggering....

here's a start. I might have some time to pass tonight and do it.

Bruce Read: 29 total years.

12 years at non-power5

6 years NFL

11 years at Power5 school.

Mark Banker: 33 total years

16 years at non-power5

15 years at Power5

2 years NFL

Trent Bray: 7 total years

6 years at power5

1 year at non-power5

Mike Cavanaugh: 26 total years

10 at power5

14 at non-power5

2 in NFL.

Some go-getter out there needs to figure up the combined years of coaching major football (D-1 / NFL) from this staff compared to the last coaching staff.... The difference has to be staggering....

that would be nice, would include Callahan to. I know he boasted about the staff he was bringing in... I will say he had some good coaches, one is at Wisconsin and the other down in OK.

12 years at non-power5

6 years NFL

16 years at non-power5

15 years at Power5

2 years NFL

6 years at power5

1 year at non-power5

10 at power5

14 at non-power5

2 in NFL.

The thing I like about these hires is that they both have college and NFL experiences. I think this can help with recruiting and player development. I am getting very excited!!

12 years at non-power5

6 years NFL

16 years at non-power5

15 years at Power5

2 years NFL

6 years at power5

1 year at non-power5

10 at power5

14 at non-power5

2 in NFL.

The thing I like about these hires is that they both have college and NFL experiences. I think this can help with recruiting and player development. I am getting very excited!!

don't know about reggie davis.... but i saw that while at OSU langsdorf landed his fair share of recruits......

IBTHHOF comments start...

(In before the He's Hiring Old Friends)

Well we have seen HC's hiring their friends before at good ol' NU. Billy C comes to mind! I really do hope we're not witnessing BC part Duex. I want NU to succeed and do well.. I think I would rather have an all star coaching staff that recruits well as apposed to the nicest coach in the county and his good friends...
Sometimes an all star big name staff can be problematic. Probably why there are so few(Bama) around. There needs to be a clear line of authority and egos need to be sacrificed with all star staffs. I was hoping for maybe one big name, was hoping at DC, but I'm fine with trying it this way. I think Riley can coach and once again it will be about recruiting. I do like that he surrounding himself with younger staff members as well as minority hires. Diversity seems to be checked off my list for his staff. Now let's get in these kids living rooms and sell sell sell.

12 years at non-power5

6 years NFL

16 years at non-power5

15 years at Power5

2 years NFL

6 years at power5

1 year at non-power5

10 at power5

14 at non-power5

2 in NFL.

That's probably enough to beat Pelini's staff right there....

Thanks!!

12 years at non-power5

6 years NFL

16 years at non-power5

15 years at Power5

2 years NFL

6 years at power5

1 year at non-power5

10 at power5

14 at non-power5

2 in NFL.

That's probably enough to beat Pelini's staff right there....

Thanks!!

Those "non-power 5" are not separated from D1/D2.

IBTHHOF comments start...

(In before the He's Hiring Old Friends)

Well we have seen HC's hiring their friends before at good ol' NU. Billy C comes to mind! I really do hope we're not witnessing BC part Duex. I want NU to succeed and do well.. I think I would rather have an all star coaching staff that recruits well as apposed to the nicest coach in the county and his good friends...
Sometimes an all star big name staff can be problematic. Probably why there are so few(Bama) around. There needs to be a clear line of authority and egos need to be sacrificed with all star staffs. I was hoping for maybe one big name, was hoping at DC, but I'm fine with trying it this way. I think Riley can coach and once again it will be about recruiting. I do like that he surrounding himself with younger staff members as well as minority hires. Diversity seems to be checked off my list for his staff. Now let's get in these kids living rooms and sell sell sell.

Just get good coaches.

Who cares how old/young they are or what color their skin is? I certainly don't, actions speak far louder than anything else.