8 Down 1 to Go...Who Will Be Our WR Coach?

GBR #1

If I remember correctly, I think Riley was asked how he would determine who to hire for the remaining spots and he said that his coordinators would do the leg work and present him with 4 to 5 names and he would interview them from there. So I would imagine that the connection would be to Langsdorf not necessarily to Riley or the Beavers. I just really hope it is someone that can recruit and brings some great energy to the program.

It could be a coach from one of the teams that just lost also. If it happens to be, we probably won't hear anything for a couple more days.

Why a couple more days? I would think they would announce it ASAP with recruiting being so important and the dead period ending on the 15th.

I narrowed it down to these teams because there hasn't been any talk this morning of an announcement.

gotta think the WR coach is still coaching somewhere. I dont see an Oregon or Ohio State coach leaving to be a WR coach here... so probably a NFL guy?

So, we are looking at someone from Green Bay, Seattle, New England or Indianapolis?

Green Bay WR Coach = Edgar Bennett

Wide Receivers; born February 15, 1969, Jacksonville. Running back Florida State 1987, 1989-1991. Pro running back Green Bay Packers 1992-96, Chicago Bears 1998-99. Pro coach: Joined Packers in 2001

Seattle WR Coach = Kippy Brown

Wide Receivers; born March 6, 1955, Sweetwater, Tenn. Quarterback Memphis State 1974-77. No pro playing experience. College coach: Memphis State 1978-1980, Louisville 1982, Tennessee 1983-89, 1993-94, 2009. Pro coach: New York Jets 1990-92, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1995, Miami Dolphins 1996-99, Green Bay 2000, Memphis Maniax (XFL head coach) 2001, Houston Texans 2002-05, Detroit Lions 2006-08. Joined Seahawks in 2010.

New England WR Coach = Chad O'Shea

Wide Receivers; born December 18, 1972, Houston. Quarterback Marshall 1991-93, Houston 1994-95. No pro playing experience. College coach: Houston 1996-99, Southern Mississippi 2000-02. Pro coach: Kansas City Chiefs 2004-05, Minnesota Vikings 2006-08, joined Patriots in 2009.

Indianapolis WR Coach = Charlie Williams

Wide Receivers; born January 31, 1958, Torrance, Calif. Defensive back, Colorado State 1978-79. No pro playing experience. College coach: Long Beach City College 1984, New Mexico State, 1986-87, TCU 1988-91, Minnesota 1992, Miami 1993-95, South Carolina 2003, North Carolina 2007-11. Pro coach: Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1996-01. Joined Colts in 2012.

Of coarse, it doesn't necessarily have to be a coach that is coaching WRs right now. I don't see any coaches on any of these teams that have direct experience with Riley.

Jay Harbough, who is an offensive QC coach on the Ravens (who just lost this weekend) was a GA/Intern with Riley at OSU, most of the offensive staff knows him and worked either with him or his Dad. He's got good pedigree, not sure if he has the 'knowledge' yet that Riley is looking for in a coach. Plus being a first time position coach, working with WRs at a P5 level is a huge responsibility. Not sure if he's ready, but his name has been floated a few times.