Riley Press Conference 1/8 @ 3:30 CST

Mavric

Coach Riley is looking to consult with coach Oz- very cool.

Riley said that when he was first hired. It apparently hasn't happened yet. Interesting.

Why is that so interesting? They both lead busy lives, and with the holidays it's even more hectic. Sounds like they are playing phone tag.

It's been over a month. If you want to get in touch with someone, and they want you to be in touch with them.......well, you know........

I guess i fail to see the big deal. Osborne's gone. He hasnt been AD for over two years now. Why would our new coach have to "talk" with him. I just think there's way too much being led into this. Now if Riley wants to talk to Osborne and get to know him, great, but that can be done anytime, and that's if the feeling is even reciprocated. And if it isnt, well who cares. At some point we're gonna have to get over this notion that TO needs to be consulted everyime Eichorst wants to blow his nose or a coach wants to take a dump. Frankly, it's just not his program anymore. And until we come to that realization, this program will never get back over the hump.

Are you kidding? When Oz dies, they will hire a medium as a staff member just so that they can get his opinion.

Riley said that when he was first hired. It apparently hasn't happened yet. Interesting.

Why is that so interesting? They both lead busy lives, and with the holidays it's even more hectic. Sounds like they are playing phone tag.

It's been over a month. If you want to get in touch with someone, and they want you to be in touch with them.......well, you know........

I guess i fail to see the big deal. Osborne's gone. He hasnt been AD for over two years now. Why would our new coach have to "talk" with him. I just think there's way too much being led into this. Now if Riley wants to talk to Osborne and get to know him, great, but that can be done anytime, and that's if the feeling is even reciprocated. And if it isnt, well who cares. At some point we're gonna have to get over this notion that TO needs to be consulted everyime Eichorst wants to blow his nose or a coach wants to take a dump. Frankly, it's just not his program anymore. And until we come to that realization, this program will never get back over the hump.

Our new coach doesn't have to.....neither does Osborne. That's the point. But to say a big deal hasn't been made out of the past is incorrect.....thus the e-mail Riley sent out to former players right after his hire. But yet he and Osborne haven't had a "chance" to speak in over a month? Ok.......

I'd say it is lip service. People want to hear that he will reach out so he will accommodate them. In a couple of moths no one will care. The meeting may or may not happen, in the long run it doesn't matter.

• Fire 1

Our new coach doesn't have to.....neither does Osborne. That's the point. But to say a big deal hasn't been made out of the past is incorrect.....thus the e-mail Riley sent out to former players right after his hire. But yet he and Osborne haven't had a "chance" to speak in over a month? Ok.......

So be it. What does it have to do with anything? What if they never speak? Big whoop. That's the point I'm making. Osborne may never step another foot in Memorial Stadium ever ever again. Is that something that should stop the program from moving forward and improving? That's all I'm saying. So maybe i read your insinuation wrong. TO did a tremendous job while here, but he's gone now. It's time to find a way to move on without him.

• Fire 1

So Riley has his first press conference in a month and all we worry about is that he hasn't talked to T.O. What kind of pearls of wisdom does a 61 yr old coach need? He seems to have a grasp on what he needs to do.

Maybe TO's granddaughter was tying up the land line at his house.
"I am expecting a phone call from Coach Riley, so if the call waiting beeps in, see who it is and let me know."

Are you kidding? When Oz dies, they will hire a medium as a staff member just so that they can get his opinion.

If that means Jennifer Love Hewitt is coming to Lincoln as the Ghost Whisperer, I am all for it!!!

I agree with the ones who think that not talking too T.O. is not a very important matter right now! Right now is all about recruiting, hiring staff members, and recruiting.

Talking too former and past greats shouldn't be on the top of the list. Invite them back for the Spring game, and have a reunion then. There is work to be done right now.

It seems the more we move onto the future, the further we slip back into the past. Almost every person on the outside of this state and program says that expectations placed on this program by its fanbase are somewhat unrealistic. Hard pill to swallow, but in deed its becoming more and more true each day. Expect division titles right now, and hope for a chance to be in the playoffs in the next 4 or 5 years. Win a Big 10 title in the next 3 to 5 years. It is not going to happen every year. May not happen more than once every 5 years.

I love how Coach Riley handles the media. It was so painful to watch Bo snarl every time he was asked a question the past 7 years.

Give it a few years of dealing with Husker Nation in the social media age, he too will grow to hate us with a seething passion.

But seriously the guy comes off as a boy scout he is so nice, like Tom Hanks. Think he is gonna fit in just fine around here.