WR/S Isaiah Simmons [Clemson Commit]

Idk, Should we just put the (Clemson Commit) Tag on him now? Good grief guys. Let's see what happens.

Nebraska has done a great job recruiting him. Want him as an athlete, told him he can play the position of his choice (and they agree he could play it). MR and company have built a great relationship. If he goes to Clemson, it's not because we did a bad job recruiting him.

Idk, Should we just put the (Clemson Commit) Tag on him now? Good grief guys. Let's see what happens.

Nebraska has done a great job recruiting him. Want him as an athlete, told him he can play the position of his choice (and they agree he could play it). MR and company have built a great relationship. If he goes to Clemson, it's not because we did a bad job recruiting him.

I dont think we should put a Clemson Commit tag on him bc he has not committed there. Most people on here think we have done a bad job recruiting him and I agree. Sometimes a bigger offer comes and kids go there. We will see. This season/offseason might not have went how we wanted it, but it sure has been an exciting roller coaster ride. NSD will be no exception.

Just to clarify my earlier comment, I'm not saying this is the coaches fault. From the things I have read, it seems that they are making a great effort to get a lot of kids to come play here. The on the field performance would only help the ongoing recruiting efforts.

Which coaches? The ones who left very little talent here or the ones who had to teach them in less than a year.

Just to clarify my earlier comment, I'm not saying this is the coaches fault. From the things I have read, it seems that they are making a great effort to get a lot of kids to come play here. The on the field performance would only help the ongoing recruiting efforts.

Which coaches? The ones who left very little talent here or the ones who had to teach them in less than a year.

The latter.

ughhhhhhhh my god if we lose out on ANOTHER one of these guys we SHOULD have had a long time ago I'm really gonna be pissed. Especially with an offer coming just weeks before NSD.

How could we have had him a long time ago? He didn't take any visits during the season and really hasn't said much about where he wants to go till the last few weeks. He wasn't going to commit till he was ready. Unless you are talking about kidnapping him to get him to Lincoln?

Ummm....Actually he did visit on October 10 for Wisconsin game. He is Omaha native. Lives within 500-mile radius.

My point is, a recruiting profile like Isaiah Simmons is someone Nebraska should be able to land EVERY year. Not saying we wont still. Just saying the fact that a Clemson offer less than 3 weeks before NSD could be the turning point in the recruiting process is really frustrating. We've already gone 0/2 on the Kansas trio, really would like it to not be 0/3. Especially if this coaching staff is really emphasizing the "500 mile radius"

Reported for unnecessary quote abuse.......sunshine.

Hahahaha ABUSE? Are you for real? You had no part in this conversation. My lord, people's sensitivity these days is pathetic.

Why yes indeed, I have reported scads of miscreants like yourself who have callously abused quotes. And your momma wears combat boots.

OV set to Clemson for 1/29

lol this is too freaking classic

You do have to understand that Clemson was just in the National Championship.. They were one onside kick away from going undefeated. If that team was offering me and I was in the kid's shoes, I would be crazy not to at least visit them. Just because a kid visits doesn't mean he's committing. If he does, so be it, but that's not from a lack of effort to this coaching staff.

• Fire 3

OV set to Clemson for 1/29

lol this is too freaking classic

You do have to understand that Clemson was just in the National Championship.. They were one onside kick away from going undefeated. If that team was offering me and I was in the kid's shoes, I would be crazy not to at least visit them. Just because a kid visits doesn't mean he's committing. If he does, so be it, but that's not from a lack of effort to this coaching staff.

I live in Charlotte so I know all about Clemson. Almost went to school there- its a beautiful campus and obviously the success of their football team recently is extremely hard to turn down

I was just referring to us seemingly being in a solid-good position with a recruit late in the process and then a bigger name school (by today's standards) coming in and offering and getting a visit