Frustrating/offense

Point guards in basketball are like qb's in football. You can be good without a great one, but youre never gettin to that elite level without it.

I absolutely agree 100%. Sure hope we find one next year....we haven't this year and we're suffering for it.

See 2015 point guard Watson, Glynn.............

I wouldn't say that's the "ONLY" thing that we're missing. We could also really use a big man who can score consistently in the low post and dominate the boards.

I'd say it is...a big man who can score is nice but not a lot of teams have them. However, a consistent point guard who is a scoring threat who can dish out assists would really open up TP and SS for even bigger output than they have.

I honestly think it's all we're missing...a consistent point guard who is not only a scoring threat himself but passes the ball well after penetrating the lane.

It's a definite advantage to have a big guy who can score. Looking at just the Top 10 teams Kentucky, Duke, Louisville, Wisconsin and Arizona all have bigs that can score with their back to the basket. Iowa St. is a rare deal in that 1-5 they can all shoot it at an elite level. A great point guard helps matters a lot but there is nothing more reliable in the country than a big who can score from 15 ft on in with regularity.

As a basketball coach, I can tell you I will ALWAYS pick a great PG over a great post. You absolutely MUST have a good PG to be successful in today's basketball. Look at the last few NC teams, they all had dominate PGs. Can't compete at the highest level without one. PG can create their own shot, find the open man, drive to collapse and then kick or dump to big. Post has to have a lot of things go right on the perimeter before he can get the ball in a place where he can score with it.

• Fire 1

As a basketball coach, I can tell you I will ALWAYS pick a great PG over a great post. You absolutely MUST have a good PG to be successful in today's basketball. Look at the last few NC teams, they all had dominate PGs. Can't compete at the highest level without one. PG can create their own shot, find the open man, drive to collapse and then kick or dump to big. Post has to have a lot of things go right on the perimeter before he can get the ball in a place where he can score with it.

Oh, I completely agree with this. My son is a 6'5" freshman in HS. All through Middle school he played on teams that didn't even have a PG that could get it past half court if he was pressured let alone actually get the ball inside to him.

Now, he is playing on a team that does have good PG play and it's all the difference in the world. They work their azzes off to get the ball to him. It's also why I have drilled in his head that if they do get it to him, he dang well better do something good with it. It's his job to score if they get him the ball. But, it takes good play by his teammates to get him the ball.

I think through MS they won maybe two games. This year with good PG play, they have only lost one game all year.

Both can be important, and there's no doubt great point guard play is key. However, it's also tough to win when you get out-rebounded by 22 including 24-5 on offensive rebounds as we did vs. Michigan State. Winning that one was a statistical anomaly.

That rebound disparity was not just because of size.

Our "Bigs" have poor hands and many times just couldn't control the ball.

Also, positioning and blocking out are huge areas we really struggle in.......

At what point in time do teams decide to press us on a permanent basis?

Seriously. For the life of I cant understand that in all of Mile's prowess, why we dont have a legit press brake other than have a pair of guys simply trying to flash open by using athletic advantage (that we dont have a lot of the times) against a face guard with the ball man uncovered, leaving 4 on 5 at best.

At what point in time do teams decide to press us on a permanent basis?

Seriously. For the life of I cant understand that in all of Mile's prowess, why we dont have a legit press brake other than have a pair of guys simply trying to flash open by using athletic advantage (that we dont have a lot of the times) against a face guard with the ball man uncovered, leaving 4 on 5 at best.

I've been bitch'in about this all year.

There is no reason why opponents SHOULD'NT press us..............we're shaky with the ball and when we do break it, we don't attack, but rather allow them to reset their D before settling into a half-court offense.........?????