Gym Pet Peeves

Stumpy1

Fellas- If you are working out and sweating, WASH YOUR GOTDAMN CLOTHES! No excuses

Yea, I'm gonna have to agree with this guy. I don't want to smell you and I don't want to be using some stank equipment you just got done with.

What if you didn't toss your gym clothes in the dryer and just slammed a preworkout shake and need to get to the gym NOW? Go naked or smelly clothes?

post-7378-0-02736000-1427148162_thumb.jpg

post-7378-0-13759400-1427148185_thumb.jpg

Thats just the thing... I sweat hard because i am out of shape.. so my clothes are drenched.

I am with Zrod that maybe shorts.. but my undershirt(Dry fit) and cotton shirt i run in are covered in sweat.. I wash those after every use.. i have a ton of workout shirts, so i could workout 20 times without wearing the same shirt.

Dry fit clothes are the ones that smell the worst. They are polyester fibers that trap in the stench, which can only be washed out. Cotton fibers "breathe" a little more, so they might not smell as bad after a workout.

Yep. And if you toss them in a bag for the rest of the day, then in the hamper for a few days before washing them, the stench can stay. It might not smell bad out of the drawer, but as soon as you start sweating again it comes back with a vengeance. I've learned to take sweaty clothes into the shower and rinse them out there, and hang dry them before putting them in the hamper. You can also soak clothes in vinegar and water before running them through the washer to release the stank, somewhat. But there's not much you can do about the guy next to you who doesn't do that. That's an advantage of being a runner over a lifter: the stink isn't as bad outside in the fresh air. I've still got some clothes that don't smell too good that I save for solo runs, or at least guys-only runs.

Thats just the thing... I sweat hard because i am out of shape.. so my clothes are drenched.

I am with Zrod that maybe shorts.. but my undershirt(Dry fit) and cotton shirt i run in are covered in sweat.. I wash those after every use.. i have a ton of workout shirts, so i could workout 20 times without wearing the same shirt.

Dry fit clothes are the ones that smell the worst. They are polyester fibers that trap in the stench, which can only be washed out. Cotton fibers "breathe" a little more, so they might not smell as bad after a workout.

Yep. And if you toss them in a bag for the rest of the day, then in the hamper for a few days before washing them, the stench can stay. It might not smell bad out of the drawer, but as soon as you start sweating again it comes back with a vengeance. I've learned to take sweaty clothes into the shower and rinse them out there, and hang dry them before putting them in the hamper. You can also soak clothes in vinegar and water before running them through the washer to release the stank, somewhat. But there's not much you can do about the guy next to you who doesn't do that. That's an advantage of being a runner over a lifter: the stink isn't as bad outside in the fresh air. I've still got some clothes that don't smell too good that I save for solo runs, or at least guys-only runs.

You just described my workout gloves....

I wash them and they smell fine.. then one workout and it smells like i just fisted an elephant.

High School P.E. teachers who pretend the girls don't exist and don't teach them how to do anything (e.g. squats, bench press, deadlifts).

That's a good one. But on the flip side girls who say they don't lift because they don't want to look like a man.

This thread is awesome! I can't tell if we are all the dorkiest people ever or the coolest and I can't tell if we are all the worst shaped people ever or the best shaped people ever!

The only things that really bother me at the gym are...

1. Guy who takes a long time at the water fountain....please fill up your ridiculous gallon jug before you get to the gym

2. The guy who keeps forcing me out of the "womens only" section just because he is the manager and because I am not a girl.

• Fire 2

Oh, I also can't stand the couples that workout together...going to the gym together is lame enough but actually working out together?

I also hate when I am in the middle of a sweet song and for some reason Pandora stops working.

I also hate it when the hot girl I have been "stalking" at the gym leaves at the wrong time...by that I mean...she leaves when I am still doing a lift...so that I can't "conveniently" leave at the same time she is walking out the door. I mean, I hate cutting my workout short just so I can run to the exit and say something witty as we are both leaving, like "Man, the manager at the gym said they have to charge me more because I lift so much weight"

Oh, I also can't stand the couples that workout together...going to the gym together is lame enough but actually working out together?

I also hate when I am in the middle of a sweet song and for some reason Pandora stops working.

I also hate it when the hot girl I have been "stalking" at the gym leaves at the wrong time...by that I mean...she leaves when I am still doing a lift...so that I can't "conveniently" leave at the same time she is walking out the door. I mean, I hate cutting my workout short just so I can run to the exit and say something witty as we are both leaving, like "Man, the manager at the gym said they have to charge me more because I lift so much weight"

Stop using that joke. It only works on your 8th grade students.

Stop using that joke. It only works on your 8th grade students.

It worked on me.

I blushed and giggled.