Charlton Warren leaving

I don't think Warren was being paid unfairly and I'm sure Nebraska made a bid for him to stay when competition came calling.

But you know what? When Warren agreed to Riley's offer to retain him, I took that as actively signing on for another year. It's too bad he didn't feel the same way. And while I don't begrudge people jumping to a new job, taking on a job and then jumping ship two months later is not common.

I don't think Warren was being paid unfairly and I'm sure Nebraska made a bid for him to stay when competition came calling.

But you know what? When Warren agreed to Riley's offer to retain him, I took that as actively signing on for another year. It's too bad he didn't feel the same way. And while I don't begrudge people jumping to a new job, taking on a job and then jumping ship two months later is not common.

It's not about money. UNC offered, Nebraska actually came back with a counter-offer that was more pay than UNC was going to give, but the title of Co-DC is a major thing here and he also has coached with Fedora before. Not saying it's a smart move, b/c I don't think it is as I don't believe Fedora will be around anymore in a couple years, but it's his choice. Maybe there's something set up like this already, but I've never heard about it, but a buyout structure for assistants might help with the revolving door of assistant football coaches.

• Fire 1

It's reassuring to have another example of what a business this has become. I didn't have any notion in my mind that Nebraska was any different than the rest of the college football coaches, but I'm glad to see it reaffirmed that there is no loyalty or commitment in this game anymore.

What an awesome feeling.

I hope there is a legit reason for this. If not, I got to say this makes Warren look pretty ridiculous.

I really don't want to hear any coaches complain about a kids work ethic, lack of commitment, or indecisive minds. These coaches are pulling that wagon.

Good luck Warren. I hope you had the respect to at least discuss this with these kids that just committed to you. I have a feeling that discussion never happened tough or why would these kids have come here?

I hope they like Nebraska. I also think its an unrealistic expectation to think kids should simply "commit to the school, not the coach". That seems entirely easier said than done.

• Fire 1

It's not about money. UNC offered, Nebraska actually came back with a counter-offer that was more pay than UNC was going to give, but the title of Co-DC is a major thing here and he also has coached with Fedora before. Not saying it's a smart move, b/c I don't think it is as I don't believe Fedora will be around anymore in a couple years, but it's his choice. Maybe there's something set up like this already, but I've never heard about it, but a buyout structure for assistants might help with the revolving door of assistant football coaches.

Citation?

Citation?

Said it on Sharp and Benning.

Citation?

Said it on Sharp and Benning.

Ah, ok. Thanks!

This is f'ing ridiculous. I am livid. Aaron Williams, Avery Anderson, and Eric Lee stayed committed to this program and enrolled early a month after a coaching change because Warren went to their house, spoke to their parents, and told them he would be staying with the team.

False. Avery and Lee, can't remember on Williams, actually reaffirmed their commitment to Riley before the decision to keep Warren had been made.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure the only time they were ever on the same team is 1-2 years when Warren was playing for AF as a DB and Fedora was a QB/WR coach.

@CoachJP_UNC: #Boom

Kind of an ironic twist to stick it to the program that gave an......ummm............relatively untested, un-known quantity a major opportunity at a major school a shot................

Big time lack of class from JP......

Do we get to retweet this when he's looking for a job again in a year or two?

Kind of an ironic twist to stick it to the program that gave an......ummm............relatively untested, un-known quantity a major opportunity at a major school a shot................

Do we get to retweet this when he's looking for a job again in a year or two?

I like the concept, but then we stoop to his level.............

I'm not surprised at all.

The majority of that former staff did a pretty good job of displaying their lack of class. Which is funny when you consider they preached about integrity more than any coaches I've ever seen.