Charlton Warren leaving

Just because Eichorst said resources are not the question doesn't mean he sets the salary for the assistant coaches.

Is this a serious post?

So you are suggesting that Eichorst is telling Riley what to pay each position coach?
pretty sure head coaches don't decide how much the assistant coaches are paid, wouldn't that be the athletic director's job?

The HC usually gets a pool of money and he uses it the way he sees fit.
so the AD can't increase this amount of money he gave the coach to increase the pay of a member of the coaching staff? Seems to me that the AD has some control over how much coaches get paid.

The AD increased the pool. Riley used it the way he wanted to.

Just because Eichorst said resources are not the question doesn't mean he sets the salary for the assistant coaches.

Is this a serious post?

So you are suggesting that Eichorst is telling Riley what to pay each position coach?
pretty sure head coaches don't decide how much the assistant coaches are paid, wouldn't that be the athletic director's job?

so the AD can't increase this amount of money he gave the coach to increase the pay of a member of the coaching staff? Seems to me that the AD has some control over how much coaches get paid.

And, that pool of money that the assistants are getting this now is much more than they were getting prior to this new staff.

Good Lord.....an assistant coach left for another job. Put down the pitchforks and torches. We don't need to linch someone just because an assistant left.

• Fire 1

It's not about money. UNC offered, Nebraska actually came back with a counter-offer that was more pay than UNC was going to give, but the title of Co-DC is a major thing here and he also has coached with Fedora before. Not saying it's a smart move, b/c I don't think it is as I don't believe Fedora will be around anymore in a couple years, but it's his choice. Maybe there's something set up like this already, but I've never heard about it, but a buyout structure for assistants might help with the revolving door of assistant football coaches.

• Fire 1

Is this a serious post?

that system seems seriously flawed if salaries are so set in stone. So if someone came in and offered another member of our staff a raise there's nothing Nebraska can do to match the offer.

This is f'ing ridiculous. I am livid. Aaron Williams, Avery Anderson, and Eric Lee stayed committed to this program and enrolled early a month after a coaching change because Warren went to their house, spoke to their parents, and told them he would be staying with the team.

I agree. I really hope Riley didn't know about this when he retained him and asked him to stay a month to recruit because that would look really bad. I doubt he did just saying.

This is f'ing ridiculous. I am livid. Aaron Williams, Avery Anderson, and Eric Lee stayed committed to this program and enrolled early a month after a coaching change because Warren went to their house, spoke to their parents, and told them he would be staying with the team.

It is a business. I am not happy about it and I really hope nothing shady went on behind closed doors, but this is going to happen. The kids need to understand this as well...

What needs to happen is MR brings in somebody with similar ties to the recruiting areas and brings the mindset that Warren had for the Huskers (except wanting to jump ship so early ;-))

Is this a serious post?

The Special Teams Coordinator and your number one recruiter pay difference is close to 200 000 I would be looking too.