OT Alaric Jackson [Iowa - Signed LOI]

Mavric

I'm not convinced we'll keep Quayshon, so that might free-up another spot. The dude was as excited about DONU as Greg Simmons is, but you don't see that really anymore. Not sure what the deal is.

We might have kept him anyway but since we hired his HS DL coach as a support staff member, I would think he's stay on now.

I'm not convinced we'll keep Quayshon, so that might free-up another spot. The dude was as excited about DONU as Greg Simmons is, but you don't see that really anymore. Not sure what the deal is.

We might have kept him anyway but since we hired his HS DL coach as a support staff member, I would think he's stay on now.

Mom wanted him close, but he still wants to be a Husker. I think he stays!

Even though I would want him, you turn Allen away. Snyder will be a solid TE for us - we have Stoll already even though Allen is the better prospect.

I disagree. The staff has shown they like to use multiple TE's at the same time. We need more numbers at that position to increase the odds of having guys capable of taking over in 2017

That sounds good, but you didn't state who you would then not take.

We need OTs - Guys like Alaric don't come around often who are 6'7 and have good agility

Lamar is the #1 safety in the nation (no brainer)

I guess then it is a preference on Simmons/Fitzpatrick/Allen

Even though I would want him, you turn Allen away. Snyder will be a solid TE for us - we have Stoll already even though Allen is the better prospect.

I disagree. The staff has shown they like to use multiple TE's at the same time. We need more numbers at that position to increase the odds of having guys capable of taking over in 2017

We need OTs - Guys like Alaric don't come around often who are 6'7 and have good agility

IMO,

1. Lamar Jackson

2. Dez

3. Simmons

4. Allen

5. Alaric

Edit:forgot Allen

IMO,

1. Lamar Jackson

2. Dez

3. Simmons

4. Allen

5. Alaric

We can take all 5, IMO.

IMO,

1. Lamar Jackson

2. Dez

3. Simmons

4. Allen

5. Alaric

We can take all 5, IMO.

How?

These rules suck, and I feel we always debate them lol. I thought the rule was no more of 25 in the class with unlimited back-counting for early enrollees, and have to be at 85 at the beginning of fall camp and stay that way for the duration of the season. Am I wrong?

Can't have more than 25 in a class or 85 total scholarships at any time. Back-counting can only be used for early enrollees and only if the back-count does not go over 25 for previous class. B1G rules do not allow total scholarships + signed LOI players to exceed 88.

IMO,

1. Lamar Jackson

2. Dez

3. Simmons

4. Allen

5. Alaric

We can take all 5, IMO.

How?

I don't know. I'm betting HCMR does though.

We should just use those County Scholarships we used back in the day. That's when we won National Championships, so it's really a no brainer.

I would think the old county scholarships were very good, but that was then and this is now! I suggest we go to a city scholarship and each town/city in the State sends its best football and basketball and baseball and gymnastics and track and each of the many other sports UNL offers, on a city scholarship grant in aid program with a supplemental monthly cash 'living' stipend of $10,000 per student. For cities smaller than 5,000 population, they can combine with another smaller town and share their burdens unless the municipality can supply both the athletes and the funding alone. The scholarship will include full cost of attendance (tuition, books, fees, room and board, fun money, laundry and car allowance, party funds and the provision of two personal tutors per student athlete. This should cover all their reasonable and unreasonable 'needs' and wants. Test takers and other 'perks' can be managed directly by the Athletic Department staffing.

We should just use those County Scholarships we used back in the day. That's when we won National Championships, so it's really a no brainer.

I would think the old county scholarships were very good, but that was then and this is now! I suggest we go to a city scholarship and each town/city in the State sends its best football and basketball and baseball and gymnastics and track and each of the many other sports UNL offers, on a city scholarship grant in aid program with a supplemental monthly cash 'living' stipend of $10,000 per student. For cities smaller than 5,000 population, they can combine with another smaller town and share their burdens unless the municipality can supply both the athletes and the funding alone. The scholarship will include full cost of attendance (tuition, books, fees, room and board, fun money, laundry and car allowance, party funds and the provision of two personal tutors per student athlete. This should cover all their reasonable and unreasonable 'needs' and wants. Test takers and other 'perks' can be managed directly by the Athletic Department staffing.

Can we also buy them cars and lap dances?