Spring Practice Updates

Mavric

Ha! I love it...he doesn't like scuffles...

For the past 7 years all the posts have been about wanting more physical practices with that "get in your face" attitude and scuffles to keep people in line.

I don't care how he does it...just win freaking games. But lets not pretend like 99%* of the posts were about how the team need that Jason Peter(s) and Grant Wi(n)trom type to kick asses on the practice field.

*That % is hyperbole

We don't know what the scuffle was about. Context could be important here.

It's one thing to fight because you hate the guy and you want to hurt him or kick his ass.

It's another to get in a guys face or rough him up because you question his effort or are trying to motivate the guy.

Not saying that was the case at all today but I know in the past some of those glory days scuffles were just the way the leaders went about holding guys accountable. Of course, some of them did hate each other and wanted to kick the crap out of each other.

Riley's been at it a long time and I'm sure he dealt with this quite a bit. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Ha! I love it...he doesn't like scuffles...

For the past 7 years all the posts have been about wanting more physical practices with that "get in your face" attitude and scuffles to keep people in line.

I don't care how he does it...just win freaking games. But lets not pretend like 99%* of the posts were about how the team need that Jason Peter(s) and Grant Wi(n)trom type to kick asses on the practice field.

*That % is hyperbole

We don't know what the scuffle was about. Context could be important here.

It's one thing to fight because you hate the guy and you want to hurt him or kick his ass.

It's another to get in a guys face or rough him up because you question his effort or are trying to motivate the guy.

Not saying that was the case at all today but I know in the past some of those glory days scuffles were just the way the leaders went about holding guys accountable. Of course, some of them did hate each other and wanted to kick the crap out of each other.

Riley's been at it a long time and I'm sure he dealt with this quite a bit. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Richie Incognitio any one?

Makes sense.

I guess I see both sides of it. I don't mind guys getting into scuffles depending on their motives. Sometimes different people need to be motivated in different ways. If I'm the coach, I'd probably let some things play out but keep it controlled.

Like I said though, it's his team.

Probably best Mike Riley didn't attend any practices here circa 1995.

You mean the fights that were totally unacceptable to your Jesus Osborne as well?

Not to mention, as god damn mentally weak and childish and undisciplined this team has played like over the past few years, I happen to think that a teaching moment like this to explain and coach the players how to harnass such an aggresive and antagonistic attitude into something productive is nothing short of common sense. Not to mention, football now a days isnt just a beat you up sport. it's a thinking mans game. A big time thinking mans game. Runnin around like a moron pickin fights just cuz you think youre some Jack Lambert wannabe tough guys dont get you sh#t in terms of W's.

You mean the fights that were totally unacceptable to your Jesus Osborne as well?

Not to mention, as god damn mentally weak and childish and undisciplined this team has played like over the past few years, I happen to think that a teaching moment like this to explain and coach the players how to harnass such an aggresive and antagonistic attitude into something productive is nothing short of common sense. Not to mention, football now a days isnt just a beat you up sport. it's a thinking mans game. A big time thinking mans game. Runnin around like a moron pickin fights just cuz you think youre some Jack Lambert wannabe tough guys dont get you sh#t in terms of W's.

You need to simmer down.

You need to simmer down.

I have no issues with guys getting after it in practice. If it crosses that line of being tossed from a game then obviously it is too far.

• 2 weeks later...