CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Clouse confirmed he will be here for Fresno St

just to clarify- there will be 2 5* prospects visiting for this game on their OV's (Foster Sarrell is the other)

Boy I hope our crowd brings an extra gear next Saturday.

As juiced as the crowd will be for a home opener we are playing a very bad Fresno state team... After a series or two I have a feeling there won't be a ton of crowd noise. They won't get the intense crowd atmosphere but more than likely a fun family atmosphere.

We need Fresno to give us a game. We need to stay ahead by 20 or so points the whole way, but we need them to not roll over and die too.

I agree. We sometimes play down to our lesser opponents which I hope does not happen. Much better if Fresno plays up and give a somewhat respectable showing.

A little too much critiquing going on in terms of what we need to make the best impression for the sake of 1 recruit. Win the damn game. put the foot on their throat and crush their larynx and get the W. Then worry about the crootin after. Wanna make an impression? Dominate a game youre supposed to dominate.

• Fire 4

I don't know that the game really matters much to the "fans". Hell, a couple years ago against Northwestern, they started to do the wave in the fourth quarter of a tie ballgame.

It is the opener though, so that helps. It's also at night, so that's another plus.

It's not for "one recruit". There are a ton of guys in for this game.

• Fire 1

I think I would agree with Count on this one, but I can see the idea behind keeping the crowd in the game to help impress the recruits. I am no expert on how to get recruits to commit, but if I came for a Nebraska game and saw them struggle to win a game that they should have easily won I might begin to question a possible commitment.

I believe it comes down to a couple different kinds of kids or combination of the two. One is a kid that wants to be surrounded by talent to have the best product on the field and the other that wants no competition so that he can come in and play right away and be the star. Of course there is always different ideals for each kid, but if I remember correctly I thought he said he wanted to go to a school that had talented kids already on the roster.

I don't know that the game really matters much to the "fans". Hell, a couple years ago against Northwestern, they started to do the wave in the fourth quarter of a tie ballgame.

It is the opener though, so that helps. It's also at night, so that's another plus.

It's not for "one recruit". There are a ton of guys in for this game.

Sadly,I have to agree with your first statement.The game is more of an excuse to show off your new Husker gear,drink excessively,and look at your phone during the actual game.But I guess its better than a half empty stadium of actual fans.

We need to blow the doors off Fresno in impressive fashion. If you guys think that being in a close game so the crowd stays in the game for a recruits sake, you're doing it wrong. Win all your damn games in impressive boring crowd noise killing fashion and I promise you we won't have a problem landing recruits like Joseph Lewis and Darnay Holmes.

Agreed. We need to show we can win and win convincingly. Plus, I can't handle the full meltdown mode that will commence if we barely eek out a win against Fresno.

Husker"fakefan" guy

???

Fake fan because I'm saying there won't be an intense crowd because of a blowout? I yell no matter what on defense and crucial plays throughout the game. If your expecting the game to have the atmosphere of Michigan Stste because recruits are in town your going to be disappointed.

Completely agree with what others have said this is one where you impress by putting up a 63-14 win.

Husker"fakefan" guy

???

Fake fan because I'm saying there won't be an intense crowd because of a blowout? I yell no matter what on defense and crucial plays throughout the game. If your expecting the game to have the atmosphere of Michigan Stste because recruits are in town your going to be disappointed.

Completely agree with what others have said this is one where you impress by putting up a 63-14 win.

Completely false. This is one where you win by 28 because I bet on +28.5.

When did recruiting become more important than the actual game. I want to win this game 56-0. And for you recruiting folks, this would allow the current commits to bond and persuade the uncommitted guys. You just can't have a conversation in that dang stadium when it gets loud. Sit down, shut up, and play on your phones people!

• Fire 2