The kool aid is flowing

I think cautious optimism is the way I look at things. Right now Riley and his assistants are putting in everything they want to see on offense. I think they are doing it at a reasonable pace though. I definitely think that you will see a lot of growing pains when we watch the spring game this year.

By the time fall camp rolls around Riley and the staff will have sat down and evaluated what they can and can't do offensively. I don't see him trying to force something that they can't do ala Bill Callahan. I think you will see a mix of things from the last few years and new stuff.

I think they will be able to run the ball and do it fairly well. I expect to see a lot more inside outside zone from under center along with a lot more FB/H-back stuff. Don't expect to see our QB running anymore than 5x a game on designed runs.

Passing wise I think we do see a lot of deep ball stuff plus I expect to see screens to the RB reenter the playbook. I also hope and think you will see a lot more crossing stuff with the TE and maybe some RB sneaking out to get some mismatches.

The thing that I really expect is that our offense will get better as the season progresses.

Defensively I think we have a lot of good to put a good defense on the field. We just lack depth at DE and LB. I expect our defense to be a lot better against the run and at least average against the pass. Which I can live with. BP defensive philosophy always went to far against conventional wisdom. We need to be able to stop the run better, it is that simple.

I just found out on Jeopardy today actually that kool aid was invented in Nebraska in 1927! After further investomogating it was invented by a chap named Edwin Perkins who was from Hastings Nebraska.

EdwinPerkins_sm.jpg

c640x360_32.jpg

When I was in High School, many many moons ago, I did a paper on Edwin Perkins. He is actually from Lewis, Iowa unfortunatly. His family did move to Nebraska where he invented the formula for Kool-Aid before finaly moving to Chicago. The fact that he never moved back to Iowa shows me he was an intelligent individual!

• Fire 1

The only thing I care about at this point in time is this:

We have at least 3 former defensive coordinators on the defensive side of the ball (including Hank Hughes who I am really stoked we have) and we have a lot of experience in OL Coach Cav and Riley on offense.

That is the single greatest upgrade Nebraska has had happen since Suh donated money for new facilities. All other info coming out of spring camp is lip service.

I heard Suh is donating new port-a-pots to the tailgate area by Haymarket Park since he got PAID! #forthefans

• Fire 1

I just found out on Jeopardy today actually that kool aid was invented in Nebraska in 1927! After further investomogating by a chap named Edwin Perkins who was from Hastings Nebraska.

EdwinPerkins_sm.jpg

c640x360_32.jpg

You didn't know that?

was invented to accompany the Rueben sandwich

Reuben starts with "R" and so does Runza......... MMMMMMMMMMM

2 of my all time fav sandwiches - if you could call a Runza a sandwich - wish they would have in Okla

The only thing I care about at this point in time is this:

We have at least 3 former defensive coordinators on the defensive side of the ball (including Hank Hughes who I am really stoked we have) and we have a lot of experience in OL Coach Cav and Riley on offense.

That is the single greatest upgrade Nebraska has had happen since Suh donated money for new facilities. All other info coming out of spring camp is lip service.

I heard Suh is donating new port-a-pots to the tailgate area by Haymarket Park since he got PAID! #forthefans

Probly because he knows how pissy Nebraska fans can get.

I was optimistic last season, because I honestly saw Nebraska trending slightly upward, returning key talent and going all-in to win if they wanted to retain Bo Pelini.

I thought even Bo might loosen up, as if he was now playing with house money.

First half of the season looked promising.

But there you go.

Still, I see absolutely no reason to be scared as sh#t for next season.

What's the point?

Hope is free. I don't see anyone in here being naive. Just hopeful.

• Fire 1

I was optimistic last season, because I honestly saw Nebraska trending slightly upward, returning key talent and going all-in to win if they wanted to retain Bo Pelini.

I thought even Bo might loosen up, as if he was now playing with house money.

First half of the season looked promising.

But there you go.

Still, I see absolutely no reason to be scared as sh#t for next season.

What's the point?

Hope is free. I don't see anyone in here being naive. Just hopeful.

My feelings exactly.

It's not like we as fans can change anything. So, why not be optimistic and get excited.

If it doesn't happen, it's not like it ruined Christmas.