Langsdorf Not Looking to Make Drastic Chages to QB Mechanics

He can't overhaul his mechanics in one year of work. Tommy has had his throwing motion since he started playing ball. If you try to completely rework him you'll only end up hurting Tommy overall and making it impossible for him to have any success.

if nothing else, teaching him to look off his receivers would be a huge improvement....Beck never got that accomplished.

• Fire 1

I gotta think that TA is well over 60% next year.

i don't know about that, but i would rather see him throw the ball away than force it and throw INT's......that needs to change, nothing worse than a bunch of damn turn overs and losing field position!

Nothing worse? I can think of lots of things worse, far worse....like your wife sleeping with your brother for example. Your family killed by a drunk driver. I could go on and on and unless you are a complete moron (literally, and I don't think you are) I think you get the idea. :D

Had a girl friend once that was a pretty good bowler. We went bowling and for 5 frames she kept on trying to help my mechanics and I got worse and worse and less confident. Sixth frame I just said "Screw it", went for it and got my first strike.

Wow, you didn't learn a new way to bowl in 5 reps? Damn, that's shocking!

• Fire 1

i don't know about that, but i would rather see him throw the ball away than force it and throw INT's......that needs to change, nothing worse than a bunch of damn turn overs and losing field position!

Nothing worse? I can think of lots of things worse, far worse....like your wife sleeping with your brother for example. Your family killed by a drunk driver. I could go on and on and unless you are a complete moron (literally, and I don't think you are) I think you get the idea. :D

wow, get your dick stepped on today?

Apparently yes, and by his brother no less

Can't fix mechanics. Too much muscle memory at this point to change a college player. Now teaching how to make reads, look off a DB, pump fake, progressing faster through reads, picking up the blitz etc...... Yes. All things Langs will work on.

I also think he is saying, it is what it is. I can fix enough stuff to get these guys serviceable and then some for our system. Where this "stuff" costs games last year, I can make the changed "stuff" win games.

• Fire 1

Look for a strong emphasis on throwing mechanics in QB recruiting going forward.

Although, Tommy and other recent QBs were pretty solid, no? What you could tell is a lack of focus on the fundamentals and coaching/drilling them once they got here. The previous staff had a "Just get the ball there, doesn't matter how" and "You are a running back who throws" philosophy, in more or less those same words.

Here's the thing. We still do not have a dedicated QBs coach on the staff. It's Langsdorf the OC, as it was Beck the OC. The difference? One guy intends to coach up his quarterbacks, and has the background for it.

Had a girl friend once that was a pretty good bowler. We went bowling and for 5 frames she kept on trying to help my mechanics and I got worse and worse and less confident. Sixth frame I just said "Screw it", went for it and got my first strike.

Wow, you didn't learn a new way to bowl in 5 reps? Damn, that's shocking!

Cmon man, 10 reps. Haven't you ever been bowling? huKSer clearly should have looked for extra help between frames because his coach was terrible.

Look for a strong emphasis on throwing mechanics in QB recruiting going forward.

Although, Tommy and other recent QBs were pretty solid, no? What you could tell is a lack of focus on the fundamentals and coaching/drilling them once they got here. The previous staff had a "Just get the ball there, doesn't matter how" and "You are a running back who throws" philosophy, in more or less those same words.

Here's the thing. We still do not have a dedicated QBs coach on the staff. It's Langsdorf the OC, as it was Beck the OC. The difference? One guy intends to coach up his quarterbacks, and has the background for it.

Agree.

Even though there isn't a person solely dedicated to the position, Langsdorf's experience with QBs is a notch above Beck's. Also, as Bo did with DBs, Riley specializes in QB play. So they will essentially double team that position.

• Fire 1

Hahaha! No. Just trying to point out that there are things far worse than a bad football game.

So he is going to tweak minor things in regards to mechanics regarding TA...ummm last I checked that is exactly what TA needs. He doesn't shot put the ball like TM used to

And teach him not to force the ball into coverage, to check down, and to do these things with the correct timing.

Sooo mostly things that don't involve mechanics

"Location of the football and making good choices, those two things together make good quarterbacks" - Mike Riley, post practice a few days ago

Clearly he is saying "see it, get rid of it, and get it there". And do it quickly to avoid sacks.

Mechanics aside, 1 out of 3, probably 2 out of 3 should be the easiest part.

• Fire 1

tough with a new offense. Timing and footwork, different reads, different breaks, hell a complete new identity, language , values, ect.

IMO until the coaches have the development plans crafted and repetition is constant it touch and go for the quarterbacks.

For example, one of I assume many .

You threw a curveball your whole life and recently found out that it not proper, no it has to be a screwball with the use of the entire body loaded and torque to guide the ball displaying a quality finish. That could take some time and work