Signed - QB Patrick O'Brien

Treand3

Haha of course Matty. There are very few people here I wouldn't consider myself friendly towards. There's some trolls here and there, but they're usually gone before long, and everyone brings their own perspective and opinions to the board. I feel like we're lucky to have one of the best forums out there to discuss our team-- some of the other sports forums around the net are real dumpster fires.

Anyway, just my thoughts. I decided halfway through last year Bo didn't need any more chances, and knew from that point on we needed to go in a different direction. Riley wasn't my first choice for the job of course, but as time went on I grew more and more happy with the hire. You don't just become a football lifer-- especially as a head coach at 3 different levels-- if you're as awful at your job as some would lead you to believe he is.

Clearly, he's hit some snags in his first campaign, but I'm just very excited for the future once he can start getting the recruiting train rolling. POB is a wonderful start-- I don't know if there is any single position that is more key to Riley's success here at Nebraska than quarterback. He needs a strong, accurate, intelligent QB that can pick his system up and make all the throws. I love TA. He is the definition of a leader. But his arm is just a very poor fit for this system. His mechanics throw his accuracy off JUST enough to mess up a LOT of his throws. He generally gets it in the vicinity of his receiver, but it's clear they never have any idea where it will be within that zone. Riley's offense really requires pinpoint accuracy... TA's throws unfortunately lead to high drop numbers and leave a lot of YAC on the table. He does have some absolutely gorgeous throws, too, though. They're just very infrequent.

I'm excited to see what we can do when this staff turns the roster over and starts to really compete. The Calabasas crew would be huge get for the program. Just a ton of talent out there, and would be great pub for other recruits. At this point, I don't get too hung up on the losses. It's been a tough transition season, but we haven't stopped fighting. I prefer to focus on the positivity of the future rather than get bent out of shape about the adversity of our present situation. It will get better!

• Fire 5

That's why you have to win with the cards your dealt because recruiting hinges on winning much more so than anything else.

If I'm a recruit and watch NU finish 3-9 with the selling point of "you are the beginning of where we want to go, blah blah blah we can't do it with out you"...I'd be like, you just inherited a 9-4 team and tied it's legs to a sack of rocks and threw it overboard.

NU - I gotta constantly play catch up because the defense can't stop anyone when it matters

Michigan - 3 shut outs, defense plays really well, I won't have to worry about doing EVERYTHING.

• Fire 1

That's why you have to win with the cards your dealt because recruiting hinges on winning much more so than anything else.

If I'm a recruit and watch NU finish 3-9 with the selling point of "you are the beginning of where we want to go, blah blah blah we can't do it with out you"...I'd be like, you just inherited a 9-4 team and tied it's legs to a sack of rocks and threw it overboard.

NU - I gotta constantly play catch up because the defense can't stop anyone when it matters

Michigan - 3 shut outs, defense plays really well, I won't have to worry about doing EVERYTHING.

You counter that with Mechicken is starting 8 SR's on defense and they won't be around to help him if he goes there. UM's defense will take a step backwords next season just in experience.

Can't put anything past anyone, but I find that very difficult to believe that he could seriously consider Michigan. Considering they'll have 6 scholarship QBs on the roster next fall, all who fit their system much better than any of our QBs we have now. Also, Peters is enrolling in the spring just like POB is planning on. This is recruiting though, so we'll have to see.

the only about Nebraska that would not be as attractive for a player like Pat Obrien is the obnoxious fans screaming about firing everyone in the Athletic Deparment and dumping players, etc.

this rabid speculation and silly hyperbole about the won/loss record this year and the future would cause anyone to rethink things. For a player like Obrien, this situation is almost ideal so long as fans don't do something crazy. He is coming in with the absolute best opportunity to get quick playing time and run an offense he is ideally suited for at a program with tremendous upside and heritage and facilities, etc. A great pack of receivers who make a mediocre passer look like an all conference candidate often.

• Fire 3

Harbaugh seems like the kind of coach that would steal POB just to hurt the Big Red. Frankly, the circumstances are ripe and perfect for us to lose him and emotionally I've honestly acknowledged that he is all but gone. After yesterdays blowout and performance along with what I've watched from the fan base this environment is toxic toward building anything positive.

the only about Nebraska that would not be as attractive for a player like Pat Obrien is the obnoxious fans screaming about firing everyone in the Athletic Deparment and dumping players, etc.

this rabid speculation and silly hyperbole about the won/loss record this year and the future would cause anyone to rethink things. For a player like Obrien, this situation is almost ideal so long as fans don't do something crazy. He is coming in with the absolute best opportunity to get quick playing time and run an offense he is ideally suited for at a program with tremendous upside and heritage and facilities, etc. A great pack of receivers who make a mediocre passer look like an all conference candidate often.

Too much logic

Harbaugh seems like the kind of coach that would steal POB just to hurt the Big Red. Frankly, the circumstances are ripe and perfect for us to lose him and emotionally I've honestly acknowledged that he is all but gone. After yesterdays blowout and performance along with what I've watched from the fan base this environment is toxic toward building anything positive.

Facts? Or Opinion?

• Fire 1