***2018 Recruiting***

32 minutes ago, Mavric said:

We currently have 20 commits plus two transfers.  We can sign 23 but might get 24/25 commits depending on whether Mapieu and Smith actually sign.  Sounding like Mapieu will not sign.   Smith sure indicates that he will be signing.  24 seems most likely right now with Mapieu not signing but (probably) still showing up later.

• One OL: Bell -> Lawrence/Robinson
  • One OLB: JJB ->  Baldonado
  • One RB: Washington or bust
  • Maybe one more DB: Palmer back in the picture -> Taylor -> Torain/Montgomery
  • Tago probably has a spot now with Darlington gone
  • We'd be open to adding another WR but probably only if we miss out on other spots: Hunt -> Hall
  • Maybe Ogbonnia at DT if we miss at a couple spots

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1-2 - ADRIAN MARTINEZ, Matthew Tago
RB - 1-2 - JUCO GREG BELLMaurice Washington
WR - 6 - JUCO JARON WOODYARDJUSTIN McGRIFF, KATERIAN LeGRONE, JUCO MIKE WILLAIMS,  DOMINICK WATT, MILES JONES, Andre HuntNikko Hall
TE - 1 - CAMERON JURGENS
OT - 1 - Jarrett Bell, Bobby Lawrence, Jalan Robinson
OG/C - 1 - WILL FARNIOK

NT - 1 - MASRY MAPIEU, Otito Ogbonnia
DE - 2 - TATE WILDEMAN, CASEY ROGERS
LB - 2-3 - DAVID ALSTON, JUCO WILL HONAS, Javontae Jean-Baptiste, Habakkuk Baldonado
CB - 2 - JUCO DEONTAI WILLIAMS, BRAXTON CLARK, Kendrick Torain, Taiyon PalmerCam Taylor, Ken Montgomery
S - 1-2 - CJ SMITH, CAM'RON JONES

K - 1 - BARRET PICKERING

Jarrett Bell thing is weird. 

If we get JJB and Palmer I will be very happy. 

I dont get the idea of adding more WR's after all the guys we currently have. I guess if they can play elsewhere I am onboard but who truly knows.

Give me more bodies on both lines and hopefully the added depth helps fix those two things.

22 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Not what I said at all. I stated I think we are now reaching at OT (my opinion). It's not the staff's fault they've had 2 months to address the problem at OT, and they weren't helped by the previous staff seemingly blindly ignoring it on the recruiting trail. They had to start from scratch at OT.

However they offered/visited 8 prospects before offering/visiting Lawrence and Robinson in recent days. That tells me Lawrence and Robinson were down their board a little ways. 

Once again, not their fault. For the amount of time they've had, they've done a tremendous job overall. It stinks we are that far down our board at OT, but so be it. Hopefully they are truely finding a coupe underrated diamonds in the rough. 

Well, it appears we are going to be in on a few signing day decisions, so maybe they are lining up a backup plan in case nothing goes our way.  By that I mean that if a spot is available, they maybe would rather fill it up with a project at OT than nothing at all.   One way to accomplish that would be to have a couple lined up that only have grayshirt offers so that if you dropped an LOI in their lap on signing day they'd be pretty apt to sign.

11 minutes ago, yort2000 said:

Well, it appears we are going to be in on a few signing day decisions, so maybe they are lining up a backup plan in case nothing goes our way.  By that I mean that if a spot is available, they maybe would rather fill it up with a project at OT than nothing at all.   One way to accomplish that would be to have a couple lined up that only have grayshirt offers so that if you dropped an LOI in their lap on signing day they'd be pretty apt to sign.

Lawrence and Robinson hold full scholarship offers from Neb, not greyshirt. Maybe they are backup plans at this point, but with our OV situation we haven't allowed too many backup plans to visit. Robinson will OV tomorrow. 

Just now, Warrior10 said:

Lawrence and Robinson hold full scholarship offers from Neb, not greyshirt. Maybe they are backup plans at this point, but with our OV situation we haven't allowed too many backup plans to visit. Robinson will OV tomorrow. 

I doubt they have Neb offers that they can commit to at the moment.  But, my point was that their only other P5 offers are greyshirt offers and that would be the only type of player you could get to hold off until 5:00 pm on signing day.

4 hours ago, yort2000 said:

I doubt they have Neb offers that they can commit to at the moment.  But, my point was that their only other P5 offers are greyshirt offers and that would be the only type of player you could get to hold off until 5:00 pm on signing day.

Good news, Robinson is NOT an OV. 

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We are taking between 24 and 27 per Scott Frost 

Where did you see this? Not that I don't believe you, just want to see if there is anymore info.

5 minutes ago, Ziebol the Red said:

Well that’s interesting. Anyone got anything on him? 

Well, it says he is from Chattanooga not Memphis....all I have. Haha.

I am torn, I kind of like things coming out of left field, if it means the staff is identifying things others aren't seeing. Guys that would have already been offered if the staff had been here all year.

Not sure if they aren't reaching though. Too soon to tell.

Edited by runningblind
12 minutes ago, Ziebol the Red said:

Well that’s interesting. Anyone got anything on him? 

Played for a 2 win 3A school in Tennessee.  

Watched a little of his highlights.  Misspelled safety to start the video, but the 1st highlight he nearly kills a guy.  Dude is like a missile on the field.  Smaller level football so competition is not great, but kid is relentless getting to the ball from the little I saw.