***2018 Recruiting***

8 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I'm not talking about signing day, which I agree with you about the 3 oversign rule (although there's some exception for new head coaches that I haven't read yet) and the need for current players to leave before signing day if we want to use their scholarship to sign another player.

I'm talking about putting players on scholarship, whether signed or not. If a player leaves after the spring, the coaches can absolutely give that scholarship to another player, whether currently on the team or just arriving.

Edit: For example, if Masry doesn't sign with the Huskers in Feb. but a current player leaves after the spring semester, then Masry can join the team and have a scholarship starting in the summer (the next semester after the player who had the scholarship leaves) or starting with fall camp if Masry is still waiting for grades.

Ok, I misunderstood you then. Thought you meant sign Masry now, we are on the same page. Question is will Masry be willing to hold off if he is able to sign elsewhere, and that is a big if.

Some things to keep in mind as we approach signing day.

A) Don’t Be confused on NSD and assume lack of momentum with the recruits signing on NSD when they don’t pick N. We are not the favorites for those recruits.

B) Dont assume that the staff is trying to force feed any position groups, other than OL. It seems to me we are looking for  talent at any position at this point. We will force 1 OL spot, other than that it’s ballers A-Z, disregard position.

C) The reason for B, is that I have an inkling that Frost and Co. have an idea of some likely Grad Transfers/Transfers that may be looking to climb aboard. Don’t forget, we are assuming some guys won’t gel with the new program and transfer from N. What do you think could happen at UCF?

1 hour ago, theknife said:

Every school has to reach at some point. How many times have we been left at the altar because the big in state school comes calling? Every time I watch Deion Jones for the Falcons play, I remember he was N until LSU reached and stole him from us.

He was a high 3star on 247comp and in the top247. They didn't reach, they had a spot come open and moved onto the next target on their board. 

I know I keep saying this, but I would prefer us to not reach for an OT and try to sign a JUCO in next year's cycle. With Held's connections that shouldn't be a problem. Especially if we have the full year to build the relationship. Last thing we need is another Dewayne Johnson type of reach that stays here for the duration and never sees the field. We were lucky he left after his fourth year. If not, we would have had a five year player with nothing to show for it.

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

He was a high 3star on 247comp and in the top247. They didn't reach, they had a spot come open and moved onto the next target on their board. 

Interesting, I remembered he was lowly rated by scout and rivals as of 2012. I went back over to the thread and both links are dead, but I found this :

On 1/10/2012 at 7:17 PM, Atbone95 said:

Hey, if at least one positive is still in this... He STILL hasn't been upgraded star wise. Which, in all fairness, is a crime no matter who he is commited to.

• Plus1 1