***2018 Recruiting***

Something else about the 2018 class I noticed. We are currently ranked #10 on 247. Of the teams ranked 1-9, only Ohio St has fewer commits (7) than Nebraska. Clemson (#6) and Washington (#8) have the same.

Riley and his coaches deserve a lot of credit for turning around perceptions about recruiting to Lincoln.

Is that average star rating?

It was based on total points. Based on average star rating we would be 8th. LSU(89.70) and Northwestern (84.64) would fall behind us. LSU has 16 commits and NW has 13.

Edit: We would be 13th overall based on average star rating. 8th if we are just talking the top 10 based on total points.

So we are 13th... nothing else matters.

Nothing else matters to you. You don't get to tell me what stat does or doesn't matter to me.

• Fire 2

Something else about the 2018 class I noticed. We are currently ranked #10 on 247. Of the teams ranked 1-9, only Ohio St has fewer commits (7) than Nebraska. Clemson (#6) and Washington (#8) have the same.

Riley and his coaches deserve a lot of credit for turning around perceptions about recruiting to Lincoln.

It was based on total points. Based on average star rating we would be 8th. LSU(89.70) and Northwestern (84.64) would fall behind us. LSU has 16 commits and NW has 13.

Edit: We would be 13th overall based on average star rating. 8th if we are just talking the top 10 based on total points.

Nothing else matters to you. You don't get to tell me what stat does or doesn't matter to me.

It doesn't matter to anyone, because it will change and change and change based on what everyone else does until February. You can care about it all you want. The only thing that will matter for this class is average star rating. Because nearly every other school is going to have a bigger class than us.

It doesn't matter to anyone, because it will change and change and change based on what everyone else does until February. You can care about it all you want. The only thing that will matter for this class is average star rating. Because nearly every other school is going to have a bigger class than us.

Again. Choose what matters to you. If you don't agree with what matters to me, don't comment. It's that easy.

• Fire 2

I don't see why it's the ONLY thing to look at? It is one thing to heavily consider sure, but there are other things also.

Found it interesting that last year two teams with only 18 commits were ranked higher than us.

Also last year two teams with only 14 commits were ranked higher than us.

• Fire 1

So we are at 82. Let's pretend we don't land any grad transfers or any new recruits for this season.

Tyler Hoppes is going to get a scholly for this season.

Luke McNitt might if he is going to be the starting FB.

They are both Seniors, and would put us at 84.

Reimers is getting a scholarship, you can bet your bottom on it.

He is a junior, and would put us at 85 for the season. His wouldn't come off the books, unless we were to only offer him a 1 year scholly, which I would doubt considering he is going to play quite a bit.

This means we would have 14 open scholarships without attrition, and we could sign up to 17... Which Riley didn't do last season.

Now, looking at possible attrition, since that's what some are hoping so we can sign 20. (Not sure how you can predict guys that might leave, but I'll try) We would need 3 to leave, just to be able to get to 20. Also, those 3 would have to either leave during or before the season, or well before NSD, so that we could actual sign a player for their scholarship.

Sedrick King? Possibly a Grad Transfer if he doesn't get much PT this year. Not sure on his graduation requirements to be able to do so, just would assume he is close.

Jalen Barnett? Possibly Transfer, hasn't gotten any opportunities for whatever reason it is.

MIkale Wilbon? Grad Transfer possibly if he doesn't get a fair shake this season?

I feel like I'm really reaching with those predictions. I'm sure we will have some sort of attrition, just not sure who and not sure if it will amount to 3 players or not.

Time will tell. I can tell you for a fact that we will sign between 15-20 players though.

Pure speculation of candidates for leaving but here's my list of possibilities:

Brokop: The coaches are ready to show him the door.

King: Agree with you. Could look for bigger role.

Darlington: Loves the program. But I wondering if he'd grad transfer to see the field at a lessor school?

Avery Anderson: Just can't seem to gain ground anywhere. 3rd string now and Blades, Bookie, etc are joining the fold during the remainder of his time here.

Decker: He's a good player and I hope it's not the case but he has some health problems that could be a wildcard in his career.

I have heard some (non-media people on other boards) saying they've heard Darlington plans to graduate after this year and transition into coaching. I'd take that with a grain or salt, but something I hadn't thought about that seems like it'd be best for both parties.

Word is Conrad and Reimers are expected to keep their scholarships which would obviously lower the number of new guys we can sign.

So takes 15 down to 13? Or since Conrad was already on was his scholly not part of the 15 open?

Word is Conrad and Reimers are expected to keep their scholarships which would obviously lower the number of new guys we can sign.

They both should get to keep their scholarship, which is why I said Riley is serious when he says 15....

I would bet a decent sum of Matty's money that there will be 2 or 3 guys leave before our first game. Guys always leave over the summer for some reason or another - not happy with place on post spring depth chart, LPD issues, girlfriend back home issues, not happy with place on depth chart after a few fall practices, incoming freshman not qualifying, etc

I agree with Warriors list above of potential guys leaving, and would add to it Barnett and Ozigbo,

So takes 15 down to 13? Or since Conrad was already on was his scholly not part of the 15 open?

They both should get to keep their scholarship, which is why I said Riley is serious when he says 15....

He currently is serious for two reasons.

1. He isn't going to tip is hand to recruits that we have more open scholarships than it seems. Recruits thinking the class is filling is to our advantage. Why should he tip his hand, even if he was certain we'd have more open?

2. We aren't into the cycle enough yet for transfers/dismissals to really occur. As of now 15/16 is our max, sure. That could change in a hurry.

We will have 16+ spots available come NSD 2018, imo.

• Fire 1