Dylann Roof, South Carolina Church Shooting

Pastor, 8 others fatally shot at church in Charleston, SC
Associated Press By ALEX SANZ and DAVID GOLDMAN 18 minutes ago

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Authorities were searching Thursday for a white man who opened fire during a prayer meeting inside a historic black church in downtown Charleston, killing nine people, including the pastor, in an assault authorities described as a hate crime.

The shooter remained at large Thursday morning and police released photographs from surveillance video of a suspect and a dark colored sedan that may have been the getaway vehicle.

LINK

What an evil act of cowardice. What is society coming to?

Edited by NUance
Coach Power'T's post #4 was the original post in this thread until I merged the two. The merge function puts the oldest post on top.

Prayers go out to all the families involved and that church.

9 people were killed while discussing god. That is pitiful to me.

Who knows if this was a race or religion thing, or both. Either way, it is terribly sad.

This coward makes me sick. I hope they find him and let him rot in a Felony prison where you know he will get his.

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -

The man accused of shooting and killing nine people in a downtown Charleston church on Wednesday night is from the Columbia area, according to law enforcement sources.

Law enforcement is pursuing 21-year-old Dylann Storm Roof, of Eastover. An active manhunt is taking place in several locations in the Midlands and across the state.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/29351540/charleston-shooting-suspect-from-columbia-area

Edited by NUance
I merged the thread of same topic. Since it had earlier posts they appear above this post, your OP in the thread you started. ;-)

He's been caught in north Carolina. Absolutely horrible. Being treated as a hate crime, I wonder if recent events for blacks vs cops is going to be this punks excuse..

His FB picture had some white supremacy flags on his jacket. He has been filled with hate his whole life.

Something happened that set him off. No idea, but 9 innocent people are dead now because of his hate.

feel like this kid is one of those people that files all persons of a certain race, gender, religion, etc into the same hateful category.

"Oh you're black, you suck at life"

"Oh you're a priest, you must be a pedophile"

"Oh you're a christian, you must be a bigot"

etc....

I mean if you're going to go after someone, go after the right ones. (even then, murder? sheesh)

He's been caught in north Carolina. Absolutely horrible. Being treated as a hate crime, I wonder if recent events for blacks vs cops is going to be this punks excuse..

His FB picture had some white supremacy flags on his jacket. He has been filled with hate his whole life.

Something happened that set him off. No idea, but 9 innocent people are dead now because of his hate.

Is his drug charges felonies? I read hos dad gave him the gun as well? The hate was probably learned from someone in his family to be that young and have so much hate built up.

My heart just hurts for this. It hurts for my black friends who feel this, and who have to actually watch certain media arms try to say it isn't about race when a white kid has apartheid jackets and flags and shoots up a black church. I don't get it.

Don't give this guy a copout by calling him mentally ill. Even if it's true. Prayers to everyone involved...I've got friends that work at a church in Charleston in some serious mourning right now.

• Fire 1

My heart just hurts for this. It hurts for my black friends who feel this, and who have to actually watch certain media arms try to say it isn't about race when a white kid has apartheid jackets and flags and shoots up a black church. I don't get it.

Don't give this guy a copout by calling him mentally ill. Even if it's true. Prayers to everyone involved...I've got friends that work at a church in Charleston in some serious mourning right now.

Is cluster faux actually saying it isn't about race? I refuse to watch them

Guns are built to kill or make the threat of killing real. Plain and simple.

Its so sad in 2015 that such hate can be inside anybody. I just can't fathom it.

And of course he is "mentally ill" there is no way this kid is a "terrorist" or a "thug"